Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus

Go down 
+7
Wildheart
Rio
WILLYBACOMAN
Lasersword1973
schleich61
HKHollinstone
Kikimalou
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus Empty
PostSubject: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptyWed May 05, 2010 10:10 pm

Here are some pics of an Alberta ( Canada) citizen, the pachyrhinosaurus from PAPO.
Despite some odd details like the ornaments at the top of the head, it is a very fine model as PAPO is able to do sometimes.
But now let's show the Pachy itself !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptyWed May 05, 2010 10:40 pm

Well, perhaps it's neck is too long too. I will get it though, were you surprised at how small it was? Great pictures, it's lovely to see different angles of the model.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptyThu May 06, 2010 5:27 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Well, perhaps it's neck is too long too.  I will get it though, were you surprised at how small it was?  Great pictures, it's lovely to see different angles of the model.

About the neck, I'm not sure it is so long indeed

And I must say it's the same about the size  Wink  Since a pachy is smaller than a triceratops, I'm very pleased PAPO doesn't make it to hughe.
A pachy was 6 meter long, I know Wikipedia say 8 meter but as often they are wrong. A triceratops was about 8 to 9 meter long, even Wikipedia agrees with that  cheers

Thank you for your words about the pics, the main problem with this kind of "closer"pics is having enough depht of field to show the entire model. Since a lot of us only buy figures on the net, I think those kind of walkaround sessions are helpful substitute of a real contact in a shop.

If you find a model one need to know on my website, I will do a walkaround with pleasure  Very Happy

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptyThu May 06, 2010 6:46 am

Beautiful figurine, Christophe! But I'm confused; isn't Alberta supposed to be "cow country" and if it is, aren't the cows there in real danger with a neighbor like this fellow? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptyThu May 06, 2010 8:02 am

That's a very cool dino, Christophe. Congratulations for unearthing this wonderful creature. cheers Definitely, it will add into my Christmas lists!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptyThu May 06, 2010 8:40 am

Kikimalou wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
Well, perhaps it's neck is too long too.  I will get it though, were you surprised at how small it was?  Great pictures, it's lovely to see different angles of the model.

About the neck, I'm not sure it is so long indeed

And I must say it's the same about the size  Wink  Since a pachy is smaller than a triceratops, I'm very pleased PAPO doesn't make it to hughe.
A pachy was 6 meter long, I know Wikipedia say 8 meter but as often they are wrong. A triceratops was about 8 to 9 meter long, even Wikipedia agrees with that  cheers

Thank you for your words about the pics, the main problem with this kind of "closer"pics is having enough depht of field to show the entire model. Since a lot of us only buy figures on the net, I think those kind of walkaround sessions are helpful substitute of a real contact in a shop.

If you find a model one need to know on my website, I will do a walkaround with pleasure  Very Happy

I was looking at your pictures again, for ages in fact, and I think your right, the neck isn't too long.  I don't mind it being small, that's fine, but I think it's expensive for how small it is, well on all the sites I've seen it's around eight pounds and that's the same price as the Triceratops.
It's still a fabulous model.

Thanks, if you get the Papo Tigress with cub before me, I would love a walk around with that one!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptyThu May 06, 2010 4:25 pm

Even when dino's are not my speciality in my collections, i guess this strange looking creature will land in my collections too one day... Rolling Eyes
Almost unbelievable, that a creature like that, whit ist strange looking head walked about our earth long ago... affraid

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:27 pm

schleich61 wrote:
Beautiful figurine, Christophe!  But I'm confused; isn't Alberta supposed to be "cow country" and if it is, aren't the cows there in real danger with a neighbor like this fellow?  Wink

As you may notice, the cows actually win  Sad  at least in Alberta, Normandie and Limousin   Laughing

Lasersword1973 wrote:
That's a very cool dino, Christophe.   Congratulations for unearthing this wonderful creature.  cheers      Definitely, it will add into my Christmas lists!!!  bounce

So merry Christmas Ronald  rendeer

HKHollinstone wrote:

I was looking at your pictures again, for ages in fact, and I think your right, the neck isn't too long.  I don't mind it being small, that's fine, but I think it's expensive for how small it is, well on all the sites I've seen it's around eight pounds and that's the same price as the Triceratops.
It's still a fabulous model.

Thanks, if you get the Papo Tigress with cub before me, I would love a walk around with that one!! Laughing

All the PAPO's dinos are expensive indeed but I think this one is the 2010 PAPO's dino to have absolutely and there is so much ways to lost some money...  Very Happy

Ok for the Tigress with cub, so good luck Hariett  Very Happy

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Even when dino's are not my speciality in my collections, i guess this strange looking creature will land in my collections too one day... Rolling Eyes
Almost unbelievable, that a creature like that, whit ist strange looking head walked about our earth long ago... affraid

Unbelievable indeed, but the most incredible fact is I know some very strange looking creature in Holland nowadays which is able to change his shape everyday  tongue   alien You couldn't believe it... geek

So the next avatar could be a kangaroo ?  cat

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptySat May 08, 2010 8:28 am

Kikimalou wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Unbelievable indeed, but the most incredible fact is I know some very strange looking creature in Holland nowadays which is able to change his shape everyday tongue alien You couldn't believe it... geek

So the next avatar could be a kangaroo ? cat

I believe you're referring to the only known living dinosaur named "Bacomansaurus"... it was indigenous to the Zwolle area, if memory serves. It is alleged to have a taste for freshwater cichlids, rum, and disco dancing...Wink
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptySat May 08, 2010 10:30 am

That's a very cool Dinosaur Very Happy

My nephew likes Dinosaurs so I make the excuse that I will buy them for him but I know they'll end up in my collection Wink
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:04 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Lasersword1973 wrote:
That's a very cool dino, Christophe. Congratulations for unearthing this wonderful creature. cheers Definitely, it will add into my Christmas lists!!! bounce

So merry Christmas Ronald rendeer

Haha, pfftt, i could be dead with Christmas... Wink
A happy new year too then i guess... lol!

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:09 pm

schleich61 wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Unbelievable indeed, but the most incredible fact is I know some very strange looking creature in Holland nowadays which is able to change his shape everyday tongue alien You couldn't believe it... geek

So the next avatar could be a kangaroo ? cat

I believe you're referring to the only known living dinosaur named "Bacomansaurus"... it was indigenous to the Zwolle area, if memory serves. It is alleged to have a taste for freshwater cichlids, rum, and disco dancing...Wink

Hey guys, that could be a nice and new nickname for this strange creature, haha. pig
The Bacardi company should give me a monthly paycheck by now, after all these years that i carry this name... Very Happy
This creature doesn't always change into another animal as you saw...it can be anything! What a Face
And i have hundreds of those GIF'S, so for the next year there will be a surprise every day i am on the forum... affraid

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:35 pm

I am already impressed with the fat giraffe and the plain carrying a van afterit!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:53 pm

Both of those 2 avatars were not from my hand, but from Torbens hand... Laughing
Every day something new...

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:58 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Both of those 2 avatars were not from my hand, but from Torbens hand... Laughing
Every day something new...
Today it's MR BEAN I see!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:02 pm

Yep! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:06 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Hey guys, that could be a nice and new nickname for this strange creature, haha. pig
The Bacardi company should give me a monthly paycheck by now, after all these years that i carry this name... Very Happy

So, you're a fan of Bacardi Rum, eh? I'll tell you a story - when I was in college (a long, long time ago), I occasionally used to hang out with a very nice young woman who was the heiress to the Bacardi operation and fortune. The funny thing is that she never, ever drank Bacardi, but always had a magnum of French champagne in her dorm room!

I will be very impressed, Willy, if you are able to drink full shots of Bacardi 151 straight.....nowadays, I always have a bottle of Bacardi, but it is used solely for cooking and desserts.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:15 am

Actually, Bacardi is much overrated IMHO, and you only pay for the name...
I only drink rum with coke, so a cuba libre if you like.
It is about the taste for me...
Some of my friends think to please me, by throwing much rum in the longdrink-glass, but the taste is to strong then...
I always buy cheaper brands of rum here, brown is my favourite, and a liter bottle is around the 12 or 13 euro mark...
It is the same price as for the normal cheaper white rum too.
Important is to buy Carribean rum, and no rum made in Europe, or at least no German rum, or Austrian like the famous Stroh-rum.(up to 80% alcohol!)
The taste of Carribean rum is much softer, and has a sweet soft taste.
You really don't need to buy Bacardi brown, gold or black for that, to have this good taste...
So i won't drink it pure, but for the taste, if i can handle a bottle, that we must see.
But when i sit together with my best friend here, i always finish a bottle in a few hours... drunken
But i am always clear the next day, no headaches, and no misarable feelings overall.
Maybe that would be better... Shocked

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:10 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Important is to buy Carribean rum, and no rum made in Europe, or at least no German rum, or Austrian like the famous Stroh-rum.(up to 80% alcohol!)

European rhum ??? Excellent ! Delicious !... Just as the Hawaïian vodka and the famous Syrian tequila affraid
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:11 am

I didn't say that i drink European rum... Cool
But is is true that much of the stronger liquors are distilled in Holland indeed, like Gorbachov wodka, which is really made here, and exported to Russia. Shocked
I select my rums on beeing made in the Caribean, the European rums do have a strong after-taste, which isn't nice and smooth.
Rum is distillated from sugar-cane melasse, which is a pulp of the sugar-cane, so it should be sweet and nice in your mouth... drunken

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:20 pm

European rhum, Chinese camembert and Ananas from Oslo... And I think to myself... What a crazy macaque world ! rendeer geek jocolor lol!
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptySun May 16, 2010 6:49 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Lasersword1973 wrote:

So merry Christmas Ronald rendeer

Haha, pfftt, i could be dead with Christmas... Wink
A happy new year too then i guess... lol!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you too. rendeer santa
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:25 pm

Hi, - almost a year since Christophe took these great photoes !!!!
That is a wonderful figuere, thanks Christophe flower

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:41 pm

We were younger then and this new forum was a baby drunken I love you
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 12:31 am

christophe, of course your walk around reviews are useful and among the most interesting topics i know. cheers to be perfect only need some more context. Is it true that you and Harriet do not have the tigress with cub? What a Face why? You can't find it with a nice paintwork? You are not sure of the quality of the figure? I'm curious! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus   Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus Empty

Back to top Go down

Here comes the Pachyrhinosaurus
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next