Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beswick Black Beauty

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

Beswick Black Beauty Empty
PostSubject: Beswick Black Beauty   Beswick Black Beauty EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 4:46 pm

Lucky find! Very Happy
Yesterday I spotted a nice model horse in a window of a closed antique shop, for 28 GBP. I liked the sculpt, so today I came back for it. The seller discounted him to 24 GBP Razz
It turned out that's Beswick Black Beauty, produced in 1989-1999! In very good condition, only a couple of shiny rubs (the model is matte) and a bit of rubbed paint on the tip of the hoof on lifted leg. White markings show its age. But I'm not complaining, he's wonderful, and a portrait of a protagonist of one of my favourite books! Very Happy

I'd say he's a big Classic, GG Valentine (smaller Trad) is a tad bit bigger.

The model looks more or less like this (photo NOT MINE), I'll add my photos within a few days when I manage to make some space to set up a photo tent :-X :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
photo source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Btw, I'm a little bit on a collecting hiatus - I need to save some money as I've been unemployed for a while. I've started a new job recently so I'm hoping to be more active again :)

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Beswick Black Beauty   Beswick Black Beauty EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 4:58 pm

Very interesting find! And for good price too! Congratulations Magda! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Beswick Black Beauty   Beswick Black Beauty EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 6:00 pm

He is gorgeous cheers

How good you found him and can give him the home he deserves Applause Very Happy

Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Beswick Black Beauty   Beswick Black Beauty EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 6:05 pm

Thanks! :)

He's not a show-condition model but he'll definitely be a jewel of my collection! Maybe one day I'll try to restore him to his finest if I ever be that confident of my skills. Now he's proudly standing next to my Breyer Trads, looking as stunning as them Very Happy And I think he's actually more of a small Traditional scale rather than large Classic.

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Beswick Black Beauty   Beswick Black Beauty EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 10:43 pm

Congratulations! That's a great find Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Beswick Black Beauty   Beswick Black Beauty Empty

Back to top Go down

Beswick Black Beauty
Page 1 of 1