Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beauty of Breyer

Go down 
+6
HKHollinstone
widukind
SUSANNE
Roger
animalluvr6
pookyhorse
10 posters
AuthorMessage
pookyhorse

Country/State : Virgina/US

Beauty of Breyer Empty
PostSubject: Beauty of Breyer   Beauty of Breyer EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:52 am

Some Breyer horses from my collection. Well mostly the mustang duo. :) Now for a picture overload! (I'm gonna edit the pictures..seems like Photobucket is not resizing them correctly..they are supposed to be smaller. D: Sorry! Will fix it..) (Okay I tried to shrink them but for some reason photobucket keeps blowing them up bigger then they are...weird..they are supposed to be around 800 X 600) No

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Cotton-Eyed Joe" Named because it seems he has no pupils(though I think somebody tried to give him some at one point with a pen)

"Lemon-Drop" Named because he has severely yellowed over the years. Otherwise he's nearly mint! Shame.

"Casper" He's a VERY nice white color for his age. He has a few marks but very good for being 50+ years..

The Vintage Glossy Trio... Note how yellow poor Lemon-Drop is lol.

They are trick-trained to rear on command. :)

Last edited by pookyhorse on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:17 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

Beauty of Breyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty of Breyer   Beauty of Breyer EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:56 am

Shocked affraid affraid affraid Stunning! affraid

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Beauty of Breyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty of Breyer   Beauty of Breyer EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:15 am

Gina, I see you drenched yourself in the purest Mustang spirit and you managed with these fantastic shots to invade us of drama and admiration for these heady figures! drunken drunken

Beauty of Breyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty of Breyer   Beauty of Breyer EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:18 am

Thanks!! I do adore them. Sorry about the size, I'm just cursing at photobucket right now. These pictures appear HUGE to me. I don't know about everybody else.
Back to top Go down
pookyhorse

Beauty of Breyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty of Breyer   Beauty of Breyer EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:20 am

I forgot this guy! One of my favorites.

Last edited by pookyhorse on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Beauty of Breyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty of Breyer   Beauty of Breyer EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:52 am

Ah, the figures are not big! They are perfect! The forum is configured to 800 pxls wide and that's the size you are posting. It is much better for me the large figures that you posted before than that last small one. Remember, 800 pxls wide, not more and everything is perfect! flower

Beauty of Breyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty of Breyer   Beauty of Breyer EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 3:25 am

Okay thanks! I guess my eyes are fooling me. And i'll edit that post with a bigger picture. :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Beauty of Breyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty of Breyer   Beauty of Breyer EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 9:07 am

Oooooohhhhh Shocked I love you drunken

I woke up to a cold morning after a night where my critters had decided to wake me up every hour or so, Sleep ...and then I saw your pictures and got wide awake Shocked bounce cheers

Your pictures are fabulous, - those horses are BEAUTYFUL !!!!!!!

And the colours, - Roan, dun, Silver dappeled, - my favorite horse colours. Very Happy

They are all marvellous, - but the one the really, really makes my heart jump is the dun mustang !
It is one of the most beautyful horse models I have ever seen drunken

How old is he ( She) ? Please will you tell me a little more about him (her)? bounce bounce Very Happy

Thankyou for sharing these awesome pictures flower

Sorry for all the work you had about the size, - but now you have the hang of it, it won`t be so hard the - hopefully - next many times you show us pictures sunny

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Beauty of Breyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty of Breyer   Beauty of Breyer EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 9:07 am

Wonderful horses!! Congratulations!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pookyhorse

Beauty of Breyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty of Breyer   Beauty of Breyer EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 5:46 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Oooooohhhhh Shocked I love you drunken

I woke up to a cold morning after a night where my critters had decided to wake me up every hour or so, Sleep ...and then I saw your pictures and got wide awake Shocked bounce cheers

Your pictures are fabulous, - those horses are BEAUTYFUL !!!!!!!

And the colours, - Roan, dun, Silver dappeled, - my favorite horse colours. Very Happy

They are all marvellous, - but the one the really, really makes my heart jump is the dun mustang !
It is one of the most beautyful horse models I have ever seen drunken

How old is he ( She) ? Please will you tell me a little more about him (her)? bounce bounce Very Happy

Thankyou for sharing these awesome pictures flower

Sorry for all the work you had about the size, - but now you have the hang of it, it won`t be so hard the - hopefully - next many times you show us pictures sunny

Thanks everybody for the comments!! :)
Yes the dun(called grullo by Breyer) is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. I remember when I first saw pictures of him. I had to have him XD. His name is Kanaretah. He was a mid-states special for 2011. You can find him on ebay and probably a few other websites. I got mine from ebay. He is a tad expensive. He ranges from about $60-$80 but he's well worth the price.
I hope to see Breyer introduce the mold into other colors. Perhaps even a bay dun!

Here's a link to ebay for him. Several of him!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

Beauty of Breyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty of Breyer   Beauty of Breyer EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 6:26 pm

Gorgeous!!! cheers cheers
pookyhorse wrote:
I forgot this guy! One of my favorites.
Oh he's beautiful, could you share more photos of this one please? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

Beauty of Breyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty of Breyer   Beauty of Breyer EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 6:39 pm

You've got Alborozo! I'm so envious, he's my dream, but I won't get him, he's far too expensive.
Why Breyer destroyed this wonderful mold...?

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
pookyhorse

Beauty of Breyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty of Breyer   Beauty of Breyer EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Oh I agree. Breyer seems to hold back the best! It took me a few years go nab this guy. I eventually broke down and bought him for $150. An average price for him. Sad! I would have loved to see him introduced into several colors. But no. They and to go and break him! ):

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

Beauty of Breyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty of Breyer   Beauty of Breyer EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 9:17 pm

WHY on earth did they scrap this mould???? He's so beautiful, I absolutely love him - what a treasure drunken cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

Beauty of Breyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty of Breyer   Beauty of Breyer EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Harriet - Alborozo was a special model, a so-called Celebration Horse, sold only on BreyerFest 2008. There were only around 6000 pieces made in matt variant, about 30 in glossy variant as prizes in BF events, and one palomino, which until September 2011 was the record holder in the highest price payed for a model horse - the palomino Alborozo was sold for 13 500 USD.
But I still don't get why they destroyed the mold on purpose. There's a Celebration Horse every year on BF, and all other molds used for them are still in use or had been used earlier.
I'd also like to mention that Alborozo was sculpted by Brigitte Eberl, my favourite equine sculptor I love you

Blog | Facebook

Last edited by Mangalarga on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Beauty of Breyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty of Breyer   Beauty of Breyer EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 12:14 pm

Beautiful horses! I love them I love you Great poses, colors, sculpting, everything, simply fantastic! cheers Thank You so much for sharing them Pookyhorse Very Happy It's pleasure to watch Your photos of these magnificent horses drunken

Last edited by ana on Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Katty

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

Beauty of Breyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty of Breyer   Beauty of Breyer EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 1:13 pm

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
In love with them all!!!! I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

Beauty of Breyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty of Breyer   Beauty of Breyer EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:00 pm

Very nice :)
He was scraped because that was the deal made between Breyer and the artist. I like him but don't know if I would want him. Plus the going price for him is rediculous ! I would not pay that for a Breyer especially as so many are getting seam splits.
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Sponsored content

Beauty of Breyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty of Breyer   Beauty of Breyer Empty

Back to top Go down

Beauty of Breyer
Page 1 of 1