Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015

Go down 
+6
Roger
costicuba
widukind
Tarunyada
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015 Empty
PostSubject: CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015   CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:09 pm

Please let me introduce the new Temnodontosaurus and her completely new baby  cheers
Isn' t  this the first toy model of an animal giving birth ?  Very Happy

The Temnodontosaurus was an Ichthyosaur , which  were viviparous, meaning that they did not lay eggs like other reptiles.

From Wikipedia :
Ichthyosaurs were viviparous, i.e. bore live young instead of laying eggs. Although they were reptiles and descended from egg-laying, oviparous, ancestors, viviparity is not as unexpected as it first appears. Air-breathing marine creatures must either come ashore to lay eggs, like turtles and some sea snakes, or else give birth to live young in surface waters, like whales and dolphins. Given their streamlined and transversely flattened bodies, heavily adapted for fast swimming, it would have been difficult if not impossible for ichthyosaurs to move far enough on land to lay eggs.

Isn't this amazing ? I never thought of that, even if it is so eternally obvious geek Laughing

Well, let's see pictures cheers

Here she is outdoors so we can see the colour as correctly as possible Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here comes the baby !!!!  affraid

Giving birth is not easy  pale

Almost out !!!  bounce

Mother or not, - she is a beautyful, streamlined killer !!! What a Face

But as any mother can tell you, - even when the baby is out, your favourite jeans won't fit round your waist for a long time  Laughing

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015   CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:21 pm

Great Very Happy It is on my wishlist for sure although it is not the first toy model of an animal giving birth, Kaiyodo made one last year (an Ichthyosaur too).

This animal is the first Ichthyosaur found in 1811 and I'm so happy to see a figurine made more than two centuries later. Very Happy

Thank you for the nice walkaround Susanne Wink
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015   CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:22 pm

Sure looks like a wonderful figurine! I love the fact that the mother is giving birth. Thanks for sharing Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015   CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:23 pm

Interesting and nice model! Thanks for the pics :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015   CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:26 pm

Great model and choice for it.
And great walkaround as always Susanne.
Thank you :)
SUSANNE wrote:

But as any mother can tell you, - even when the baby is out, your favourite jeans won't fit round your waist for a long time  Laughing
Laughing lol!

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015   CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 4:58 pm

costicuba wrote:

SUSANNE wrote:

Laughing lol!

Laughing Laughing I missed that Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015   CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:11 pm

Regardeless the Jeans Laughing , I find this figure fabulous. The idea, the realism and I hope also the accuracy. Great pictures and thanks for showing! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015   CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:37 pm

Thankyou, dear friends monkey queen elephant cat  alien ( The one with the long nose is a tapir  Laughing ) cheers

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015   CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 7:10 pm

Meowww cat Laughing

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015   CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 7:18 pm

Thanks for the walk around, Susanne

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015   CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 10:23 pm

What an amazing figure. Congrats! Thanks for the nice photos.

Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015   CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 11:11 am

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you Congrats Susanne.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015   CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 11:49 am

Thankyou, Laura, Donny and Florian flower

costicuba wrote:
Meowww cat  Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015   CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 12:58 pm

Ha, great narration for a great figure. Congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015   CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 1:42 pm

Thanks, dear Paige flower

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015   CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA Temnodontosaurus, new for 2015
Page 1 of 1