Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape!

Go down 
+6
Wilorvise
Ana
barracudacat
Anne from Norway
SUSANNE
Roger
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape!   TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2016 10:32 pm

Ohhh! Yes !!! A Pharaohound ...and perhaps also one of the larger Podencos Very Happy

But first of the gazehounds, I wish for a Saluki, - what else ? Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It is strange that we see so few gazehounds. There are lots of very beautyful dogs, - The Irish Wolfhound, The Scottish Deerhound, the Russian Borzoi etc.... bounce

barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape!   TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 5:15 pm

That's an absolutely gorgeous Saluki! I would definitely love to see a company make of them as well as any of the wolfhounds, especially since the Irish variety are the tallest and one of the most impressive dogs in the world. It definitely seems like the sight hounds and toy breeds are the most neglected amongst companies, but I think they both have potential to become some of the nicest figures.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape!   TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 6:09 pm

Laughing Laughing Thankyou from Fidda. She agrees that she is gorgeous . A real diva, she is queen Laughing
Yes. Now you mention it...it is really very strange that there aren't models of Irish Wolfhound scratch

Personally I like the Scottish deerhound better, not because of the dog, but because the poor wolfhound has been bred so large and heavy that it has some serious health problems and often can not be expected to be more than 5 - 8 years old Sad

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape!   TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 12:12 am

I agree to pressure some companies to make a Saluki but always as long as Fidda doesn't chew my top dogs topic. affraid Laughing flower
Actually, I am patiently waiting to see which brand will give us the first Saluki. They are very important to the market once chewed toys need to be replaced and we have to buy more. Laughing
Just kidding with your lovely Fidda, it seems her breed is related with the dogs I presented from the region I was born and considering the importance of these breeds, they should always be present in a toy dog series, I guess. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape!   TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2022 1:48 pm

I fixed the links and pictures in this topic but since the top5 uses Toy Animal Wiki as source this Top5 needs to be updated.
Dalmatian is out now, Rough Collie is now [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] quite close to both Retrievers. We introduced recently several figures from 1990's when Rough Collies were quite popular and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is now the Poodle.
I'm using New-Ray figures to illustrate the new top5.

1. German Shepherd

2. Labrador

3. Golden Retriever

4. Rough Collie

5. Poodle

As TAW is constantly updated, it will probably change soon. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are quite close. Though, the king is quite confortable and I am adding one more German Shepherd on TAW today. Laughing

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape!   TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2022 2:58 pm

Very interesting update! cheers cheers It'll be fun to watch how this list changes with time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape!   TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2022 11:52 pm

Bonnie wrote:
Very interesting update! cheers cheers It'll be fun to watch how this list changes with time! Very Happy

Thanks, curiously this update is not related with new released models. All the Rogh Collie figures recently introduced are 20 years old or over. Schnauzer was another breed we introduced some figures lately. The only breed I think is increasing popularity in toy shape and it is almost on top10 on TAW is the Beagle. Today I introduced one more German shepherd, again a vintage figure but it is not mine. You can see it here.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape!   TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 12:03 am

Intriguing indeed... the dalmatian has lost its spot to the poodle.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape!   TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 3:27 am

Lol at pun... and doesn't the Gulliver GSD look much like an old Bullyland one?

I wonder that the popularity of a breed with manufacturers is related more to breeds in literature/film at the time it's created than with breeds or types common in households at the time. Whether a breed can be an accessory to a non animal oriented toy line makes a difference too... probably that's a big part of all the GSDs. Also as accessory to a themed set, i.e. Collies on farms and Poodles at circuses. And as for popularity, it will vary greatly by region, I never see the Border terriers common to Bonnie, and do see Dals not rarely.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape!   TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 12:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] All very interesting observations and a lovely GSD! Was just going to say the same as Kelly too and there is certainly a likeness with the old Bullyland model!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Was just about to comment on the pun when I saw you had noticed it too! Laughing cheers That's interesting that you never see border terriers, probably explains the lack of models of this breed then. And I think you're right there, and I guess the dogs that are common in households are also largely influenced by film/ literature/ social media so I guess the same would go for the models too!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape!   TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

TOP 5 Most popular DOG breeds in toy shape!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2