Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!

Go down 
+22
MartinH
Suebeedo
Admin
Ana
Joan Milelire
ken yeo
lucky luke
Sumo
aandmkw
Sergey
remrock02
remowshake
SUSANNE
Rio
HKHollinstone
skysthelimit
widukind
Kikimalou
joaovinicius16
Philter4
Kristie
Roger
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
baltimore zoo

Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:52 am

So the money I will be saving from not spending on Mojo figures, since I'm so good hearted and generous, I have decided instead I will spend that money on eye glasses(pending on the results of an opthomologist's vision screening test) for collectors who cannot see the sub par quality of Mojo.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:24 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
So the money I will be saving from not spending on Mojo figures, since I'm so good hearted and generous, I have decided instead I will spend that money on eye glasses(pending on the results of an opthomologist's vision screening test) for collectors who cannot see the sub par quality of Mojo.

I should ignore this sad commentary but rather accept it as a kid joke. And I love kids! tongue
In that respect I say you're right because I have the bad habit of seeing the two sides of life, good and bad.
This marks the difference between who is happy and full of humor and who spends his time complaining because he wants to drink milk and do not have who opens him the package. Sad
Instead of complaining in vain I've had the opportunity to report the mark concerning the pattern of the giraffe and this has been received and will be corrected.
In fact, this has been discussed here in the forum but microscopes give us a very accurate vision but it not let us see what is going on around. Rolling Eyes

Of course I tried the same with the giraffes of Papo and Safari, poor figures, but here I am exactly in the same point than you, complaining in vain. cheers
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 2:44 am

Hey!!! What is going on here??? Shocked
My first comment was much more harsh and harder then what i put here now, but i erased it, wise a i can be... Laughing
Lets respect eachothers opinion guys! cheers
I know, somebody from a neutral side, can look at models quit harsh, as i am doing that mostly myself... Shocked
Somebody who is more into the business of a company will take some comments more personally, but he doesn't have to, as it is not his company...
But both thoughts and comments are well regarded, and taken into considery, so don't attack eachother personal please, ok?! Cool

Dorkan

Country/State : Poland-Trzebinia /France-Salvizinet

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:03 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Roger wrote:

Robert - I think the developer will think collectors are crazy! But we are not! Why you want a Robert's Gazelle?
Cause I like it's name... Rolling Eyes Laughing
Just kidding, I think it's a gorgeous animal
Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 110726917_b4bdd7feb5_b

It's a Grant's gazelle...
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:20 pm

Josh24 wrote:

It's true, all the Robert's gazelles (Nanger granti robertsi) are Grant's gazelles, mostly because Robert's gazelle is a sub-specie Wink Laughing

Unfortunately no members here are named Grant, and Robert is the real first name of Skythelimit...
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:21 pm

Gazella granti robertsi

Named for F. Russel Roberts, who collected the specimens from which the race was described.

DESCRIPTION Similar to the southern Grant gazelle, except that the male's horns are not lyrate, but bend sharply outward at a point about one-third of their length from the base, so that the tips are very far apart, and the tips then bend either downward or backward. Females have normal horns. Flank bands in females are either absent or very faint.

In short - Grant's gazelle with horns like those described is Robert's Wink

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:30 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Gazella granti robertsi

Named for F. Russel Roberts, who collected the specimens from which the race was described.

DESCRIPTION Similar to the southern Grant gazelle, except that the male's horns are not lyrate, but bend sharply outward at a point about one-third of their length from the base, so that the tips are very far apart, and the tips then bend either downward or backward. Females have normal horns. Flank bands in females are either absent or very faint.

Wink ... cheers
Back to top Go down
Dorkan

Dorkan

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:34 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Josh24 wrote:

It's true, all the Robert's gazelles (Nanger granti robertsi) are Grant's gazelles, mostly because Robert's gazelle is a sub-specie Wink Laughing

Unfortunately no members here are named Grant, and Robert is the real first name of Skythelimit...

I do not agree with you. The name "Roberts gazelle" is very rarely used in natural programs, textbooks and the same computer, only subspecies of Grant's gazelle. Anyway, a picture of gazelle Grant's (literally) and not Robert's gazelle, because if the picture is taken in the plain Serengti in Tanzania, it is not possible that it was a subspecies of Robert's gazelle, because he is more to the north of Africa, I mean northern Kenya and Ethiopia .
Back to top Go down
Dorkan

Dorkan

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:41 am

skysthelimit wrote:
Gazella granti robertsi

It's very strange, because subspecies "Gazella Grantia Roberts" does not occur in the plain of the Serengeti in Tanzania, and the picture certainly is there done, I'm certainly not sure.
For me Isteni no such thing as "Roberts gazelle" in the list of species, species are Grant's gazelle, and end, and Robert's is the only subspecies of .......
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:56 am

Josh24 wrote:

It's very strange, because subspecies "Gazella Grantia Roberts" does not occur in the plain of the Serengeti in Tanzania, and the picture certainly is there done, I'm certainly not sure.
For me Isteni no such thing as "Roberts gazelle" in the list of species, species are Grant's gazelle, and end, and Robert's is the only subspecies of .......
"DISTRIBUTION: In Tanzania, from Mwanza on Lake Victoria to the Serengeti Plains; and northward to the Loita Plains in Kenya.

Males with robertsi-type horns are often found in the same area with others that have typical granti-type horns, and individual animals may exhibit considerable variation in horn configuration. It is also possible to find heads with one robertsi horn and one granti horn."
So, yes - Robert's gazelle IS a variation of Grant's gazelle, a Subspecie if you want to call it like that, but inevitabely it does exist whether you like it or not. Just look at the horns...

Dorkan

Dorkan

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:17 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Josh24 wrote:

"DISTRIBUTION: In Tanzania, from Mwanza on Lake Victoria to the Serengeti Plains; and northward to the Loita Plains in Kenya.

Males with robertsi-type horns are often found in the same area with others that have typical granti-type horns, and individual animals may exhibit considerable variation in horn configuration. It is also possible to find heads with one robertsi horn and one granti horn."
So, yes - Robert's gazelle IS a variation of Grant's gazelle, a Subspecie if you want to call it like that, but inevitabely it does exist whether you like it or not. Just look at the horns...

Yes, there is. But I never change my mind about the species and subspecies of whether you like it or not Very Happy . ;]
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:22 pm

I don't care at all, the fact remains that at least one of the animals in my picture is Robert's gazelle

Dorkan

Dorkan

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:07 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
I don't care at all, the fact remains that at least one of the animals in my picture is Robert's gazelle

Absolutely not Laughing ,
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:12 pm

... in the mind of 14 years old...

Dorkan

Dorkan

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:50 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
... in the mind of 14 years old...

What ?? ? what about 14 years !?
Back to top Go down
Bruno C Monteiro

Country/State : Brasil/São Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Well, it´s my first time in this topic, and I have to say that I am very satisfied with my small Mojo collection: the smilodon and the mammoth. The color is very real, and the smilodon is the most beautiful of all the brands. In my wishlist, for the next month, I put the animals from Africa, and the Anna´s horses too. I saw the little t-rex on facebook, and I love it so much, he is very cute, and I´m crazy waiting for it too! Well, I´m very surprised with this new and young brand, and is a pleasure to start a new collection with their figures.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:36 pm

Bruno C Monteiro wrote:
Well, it´s my first time in this topic, and I have to say that I am very satisfied with my small Mojo collection: the smilodon and the mammoth. The color is very real, and the smilodon is the most beautiful of all the brands. In my wishlist, for the next month, I put the animals from Africa, and the Anna´s horses too. I saw the little t-rex on facebook, and I love it so much, he is very cute, and I´m crazy waiting for it too! Well, I´m very surprised with this new and young brand, and is a pleasure to start a new collection with their figures.

Bruno, as you know I agree completly with your words, but where did you see the little T-rex? Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:34 pm

Roger wrote:
Bruno C Monteiro wrote:

Bruno, as you know I agree completly with your words, but where did you see the little T-rex? Very Happy

I saw in the Mojo´s facebook page. Go there too!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:54 pm

Bruno C Monteiro wrote:

Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 562201_447726788579015_301078279_n
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:41 pm

Thanks Christophe and Bruno! Very Happy
I knew the figure but I haven't noticed that it was already presented in Mojo FB page! :)
I must check often Mojo FB page!
By the way, this T-rex chick has a lot of character! :) ... and a funny smile! Rolling Eyes affraid alien

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 4:46 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Bruno C Monteiro wrote:

Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 562201_447726788579015_301078279_n

Thanks Kiki!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5