Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship

Go down 
+25
MiniZoo
pipsxlch
VASILIS
Roger
Wilorvise
Jennypurr
donny ong
Sheepish
Farm collector
JonasV
Kikimalou
stecal
Manuel Alejandro Gómez
JamesPanda
SUSANNE
terrorchicken
barracudacat
LukaLeon085
Bloodrayne
Saarlooswolfhound
Duck-Anch-Amun
arafan
widukind
NightLioness
LeeAnn
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Manuel Alejandro Gómez

Country/State : Spain

Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 9:02 pm

NightLioness wrote:
widukind wrote:
I got this pm by CollectA:

"CollectA can only be stronger in 2017! The management remains unchanged with the passion of producing high quality animals replicas for collectors!"

Yes CollectA!! cheers
This is what we wanted to hear! sunny

That is a very great news was alarmed and fortunately has been a false alarm. Long live Collecta!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 10:04 pm

Excellent news Very Happy Thank you CollectA and Andreas cheers
Back to top Go down
terrorchicken

terrorchicken

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 12:23 am

cautiously optimistic now :)
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 2:34 am

I'm kinda sad about this. Collecta was just starting to take over the whole horse world with Deb's amazing horses but now this like what..?! I always liked my horses solid and I don't know what I am going to do if they change the paint job or even make them hollow?! Suspect Lets just hope this doesn't mean anything but the brand mark changed but I'm skeptic :S

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 6:02 am

JonasV wrote:
I'm kinda sad about this. Collecta was just starting to take over the whole horse world with Deb's amazing horses but now this like what..?! I always liked my horses solid and I don't know what I am going to do if they change the paint job or even make them hollow?! Suspect Lets just hope this doesn't mean anything but the brand mark changed but I'm skeptic :S

brand takeovers are never good news , but CollectA is the best brand out there and Im sure they will not let their collectors down .. I dont collect horses but Deborah's horses changed that sunny they have lot of grace and character !! CollectA's statement is clear they are only getting strong in 2017 .. so hope the price and quality of horses do not change ... Its Just Coral Pals !! and collectors in American can now purchase the the horse figures easily sunny .. Being Optimistic only because its CollectA !! they are the best cheers

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 12:03 pm

cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers Very great news, Collecta is still going strong I love you  cheers bounce I love you cheers bounce I love you cheers
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 7:17 pm

the 2017 Catalogue is on the website and it has most of the horses and foals in production !! cheers I love you

Sheepish

Country/State : USA / Indiana

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 9:44 pm

I doubt Breyer will change much about how they are produced (as in, different material or hollow) because the molds are what they are. They likely can't do anything too different with already existing molds
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 9:50 pm

The only difference I'm expecting is the mold mark.

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 1:49 am

JamesPanda wrote:
the 2017 Catalogue is on the website and it has most of the horses and foals in production !! cheers I love you

Thanks James.

Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Breyer Corral Pals!   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 4:16 am

Have you heard the news?  Breyer acquired the rights to the CollectA horses, farm animals and the cats and dogs collections.  CollectA will no longer be making any of those animals!  I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad about the news.  The horses, farm animals, dogs, and cats will be called "Corral Pals".
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 4:58 am

Well... there is ONE positive.. the ones they keep on should be slightly easier to acquire State-side

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 8:27 am

In the follow pm i ask if i can hope for wildlife animals and dinosaurs again. The answer:

"Sure! We guarantee."

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 1:17 pm

widukind wrote:
In the follow pm i ask if i can hope for wildlife animals and dinosaurs again.  The answer:

"Sure! We guarantee."

Great news! Thanks Andreas.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 2:49 pm

Just as I expected, thanks Andreas for sharing these answers and LeeAnn for link. Breyer is just using some CollectA figures in their range as Animal Planet is doing with Mojö Fun or several brands did with AAA before. For example, Farm Animals being sold as Breyer are just a selection of those more marketable in USA and it represents just a part of rich CollectA's Farm series. They were sensate enough to not add the donkey foal with wrong hooves in their range. Though, it is surprising to see that old funny sheep being sold as a Breyer. About the real achievement of the finantial process I am not yet aware but the important is that regular CollectA series will keep expanding. Very Happy

VASILIS

Country/State : GREECE

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 8:39 pm

widukind wrote:
In the follow pm i ask if i can hope for wildlife animals and dinosaurs again.  The answer:

"Sure! We guarantee."

At last!!! Good news!!!        Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

This could only mean that Collecta will produce more wild animal figures and dinosaurs once the company will not produce any more horses and farm animals?
I think this is the most probable senario.
I guess that 2018 will include many surprises from Collecta.
Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 1:33 am

Mixed feelings- I only discovered CollectA when I joined this forum, and have been impressed by what I've seen. Only one I own (actually got as a gift for my mom) is the chestnut Arab mare- and is she gorgeous! (thanks Karin!) My toy scorning mother was just saying day before yesterday how much she loves that model, even more than her Breyers and Stones- she says it is less static.

So sad to see that model discontinued- it's too good to stop! But at least if CollectA continues to produce archaic/wildlife models we can still find their lovely models- and as I have never seen or heard of a retailer anywhere near me (even in this country?) for them, maybe I can find them one day too. If part of the deal is shared marketing, there are Breyer dealers in my town.
Back to top Go down
MiniZoo

MiniZoo

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 8:36 am

Good news all!
We spoke with our CollectA supplier today after getting many questions about this topic. He told us that Reeves have not bought out the entire company and are purely just a distributor of CollectA figurines within the USA.

As we ship all over the world, this doesn't affect MiniZoo in any way. All CollectA wildlife, sea life, dinosaurs, horses, farm animals and all the rest will remain the exact same under the CollectA brand. To continue the good news, CollectA 2017 releases are due at the end of January/start of February at MiniZoo Very Happy
(see our blog about the new figurines [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] We can't wait!

CollectA remains the same brand we all know and love cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 3:41 pm

That's great news! cheers

Sassyscribbler

Country/State : United States/Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 4:59 pm

Thanks for the info, LeeAnn & MiniZoo! (& thank you for the look at the new releases!)
I used to work for Breyer, and suspected they were getting U.S. distribution rights for the horses. Not sure if this means they will have any involvement in commissioning new sculptures from Deb McDermott or if CollectA will still control that, but I do hope that relationship is nurtured! I love her work! And I am VERY glad to hear the rest of the CollectA lines will remain unaffected!

Check out my work on...

Facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Instagram: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 12:11 am

Thanks Jason for sharing also the information you obtained from CollectA. It is similar to what I conjectured but it is always better to know directly from the real source. As long as CollectA keeps with the same phylosophy of last years, we will be surely happy collectors. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 2:53 am

I also emailed Reeves, curious to see what their distribution plans were, and if they planned on adding any more lines etc. and got this as a response:

"Dear Paige,

Thank you for your interest in CollectA.

Reeves International is the new exclusive distributor for CollectA in North America. Our focus in January, 2017 is to start with the launch of the Horse, Farm, and Pet product lines under the name “Corral Pals”. These assortments will be co-branded “Breyer by CollectA”. We currently have over 100 SKU’s of these products in stock and ready to ship.

We will be considering the addition of other product lines such as Dinosaurs, Sea Life, Wildlife, and Jungle in the Fall of 2017 and in 2018.

We appreciate your patience if we are unable to satisfy your needs in the short term and look forward to supplying you with a broader assortment of CollectA in the future.

Please feel free to periodically check our website, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as we add to the CollectA product lines.

Regards,
Anna Jakaba-Regan

Customer Service Manager"

So not only do they plan on possibly adding more of CollectA's models, as mentioned above hopefully it will mean that they will be much easier to find in the US (since that is one brand I've been frustratingly unable to get many models from for a good price). So I guess we don't need to despair yet, its a partnership not a hostile takeover. Laughing

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
terrorchicken

terrorchicken

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 1:04 am

well thats good for domestics collectors, but I dont like we have to wait for the non-domestic lines, that is if they even decide they will distribute them...and they are the exclusive USA Collecta distributors, which means they wont let Collecta get a distributor for the other lines, kinda unfair if you ask me. Sad I guess we'll have to keep requesting the non-domestic lines so they know we want them here in the US.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 12:40 pm

Well done, Paige! I think things are clear enough now! :)

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 2:46 am

When i understand right, collecta will no longer make horses, but the wild animals and prehistoric stay in production?

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next