Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection

Go down 
+15
Admin
SUSANNE
Sergey
lucky luke
ken yeo
Arrakai
Kristie
Kikimalou
SyLoBe
Roger
baltimore zoo
landrover
skysthelimit
HKHollinstone
Kiryuha
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection Empty
PostSubject: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 2:27 pm

Hi, everyone!
I happened to win in the Safari Ltd. photo contest on Facebook and the company kindly sent me 9 figures I chose as a prize. Hooray!!! :)
After 6 months since September, when the first info on Safari-2011 appeared, I have seen the new figures in person. And I was surprised in a very pleasant way!
2011 Safari animals are wonderful, almost all of them look much better in real life than on picture (this phenomenon is not new, by the way Wink).
Here are they:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My outright favorite among these is the Capybara. It is very finely sculpted and painted, and is not too large in scale. Real masterpiece and must have!!!
Here it is next to some other S. American critters for size comparison:

My second runner-up is, well, the Roadrunner – a very well-made bird!
Kudu, Indian Rhino and the trees are very good too. The cycad is especially nice.
Just look at this group of four dandys:

Moreover, I’ve got a Malayan Tapir in my collection at last! And it’s much better than the Schleich one: no chubby face, no smile, no white socks…
Once again, many thanks to Safari Ltd. for their concern and active dialogue with collectors!

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 3:14 pm

BIG congratulations for winning the photo competition and all these amazing figurines, Kirill!!! They are all beautiful - I love the look of the indian Rhino, I ordered mine last week! The Capybara is fantastic too. Seeing your pictures makes me really excited about my Indian Rhino, can't wait for it to arrive.
I also really like the Mountain goat, he's gorgeous.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 3:18 pm

Congratulations, nothing beats receiving animals as a gift... Very Happy

Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 3:36 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
BIG congratulations for winning the photo competition and all these amazing figurines, Kirill!!! They are all beautiful - I love the look of the indian Rhino, I ordered mine last week! The Capybara is fantastic too. Seeing your pictures makes me really excited about my Indian Rhino, can't wait for it to arrive.
thanx! The Indian rhino is really great. But I like capybara even more :)
As to the goat -it's to be discontinued this year, so I couldn't miss the chance to get it.

Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 3:36 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Congratulations, nothing beats receiving animals as a gift... Very Happy
Yeah, you're darn right, Robert! Wink

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 3:44 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
thanx! The Indian rhino is really great. But I like capybara even more :)
As to the goat -it's to be discontinued this year, so I couldn't miss the chance to get it.
Retiring is it, I'd better get on quick then, there's one I'm watching on ebay buy it now for only £1.89.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 6:46 pm

:) :)

Splendid Capybara,I like his color,pose......all.
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 7:52 pm

The Indian rhino looks like a WINNER(as far as detail), as usual just wish they would have made a little larger. Capybara looks good, my only
criticism would be maybe a little to dark brown.
Congrats on your award!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:13 pm

Congratulations Kiril, is nice to know that a member of our family won such a delicious prise! cheers
Congratulations for your new figures, are rreally fine!!! :)
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:49 pm

Congratulations!!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:56 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Hi, everyone!
I happened to win in the Safari Ltd. photo contest on Facebook and the company kindly sent me 9 figures I chose as a prize. Hooray!!! :)
After 6 months since September, when the first info on Safari-2011 appeared, I have seen the new figures in person. And I was surprised in a very pleasant way!
2011 Safari animals are wonderful, almost all of them look much better in real life than on picture (this phenomenon is not new, by the way Wink).

My outright favorite among these is the Capybara. It is very finely sculpted and painted, and is not too large in scale. Real masterpiece and must have!!!
Here it is next to some other S. American critters for size comparison:

My second runner-up is, well, the Roadrunner – a very well-made bird!
Kudu, Indian Rhino and the trees are very good too. The cycad is especially nice.
Just look at this group of four dandys:

Moreover, I’ve got a Malayan Tapir in my collection at last! And it’s much better than the Schleich one: no chubby face, no smile, no white socks…
Once again, many thanks to Safari Ltd. for their concern and active dialogue with collectors!

Great Kyril, I'm very happy you win the prize. AND I'M VERY HAPPY YOU LIKE YOUR NEW SAFARI Ltd. cheers

I can't avoid thinking about Ramona Pariente Very Happy Does she knows the winner is a Schleich worshipper Laughing A great victory for her indeed Very Happy king
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:06 pm

Congrats!

Would it be too much to ask for you to show a photo of the capybara next to a Schleich figure, so I can see what size it is?

Thanks! :)

monkey monkey monkey

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:38 pm

wow, congratz!!!!! cheers

They look realy good, al of them drunken
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 12:02 am

Congratulations Krill! you have just create the buying desire for me. And I see the Capybara is really good sculpt and size is just nice to fit with others too!

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Kirill Congratulations for your new residents. Cool
The Capybara is great, and the Indian rhinoceros. Wink pirat cheers
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:07 pm

Thank you all for your congrats! cheers I love you I love you I love you
baltimore zoo wrote:
The Indian rhino looks like a WINNER(as far as detail), as usual just wish they would have made a little larger.
It's a winner indeed! And I'm pretty satisfied with its size.

Kikimalou wrote:
Great Kyril, I'm very happy you win the prize. AND I'M VERY HAPPY YOU LIKE YOUR NEW SAFARI Ltd. cheers
I can't avoid thinking about Ramona Pariente Very Happy Does she know the winner is a Schleich worshipper Laughing A great victory for her indeed Very Happy king
He-he Wink Laughing Schleich worshiper, you say? I wouldn't be so categorical. :) A figurine itself is what matters to me, not the brand. And as you see in the tapir case, Safari is an inevitable winner for me. Same thing with Indian rhinos, for example.
Moreover, I'm fond of bird figurines, and Schleich bird line-up pales in comparison to Safari's Wings of the world series.

Izzy wrote:
Would it be too much to ask for you to show a photo of the capybara next to a Schleich figure, so I can see what size it is?
OK, I'll take a pic when I have time.

Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:22 pm

...Nice models my friend! Congrats! I like especially Indian Rhino! cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 3:14 pm

Congratulations, Kiril !

Wow, to win is great, and to winn figueres at your choice, - MORE WOW !!!!!

I love that Capybara, amazing figuere, the roadrunner - and the others, of course Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 3:45 pm

Thanks, Sergey and Susanne!

Izzy wrote:
Kristie, here's a photo to compare capybara's size with Schleich:

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 3:56 pm

Interesting figure Kiril!
Your jaguar looks really happy with the size of the rodent! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 4:15 pm

Thank you, Kiril! I see he will get along nicely with Roger's Aardvarks!

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 4:59 pm

Izzy wrote:
Thank you, Kiril! I see he will get along nicely with Roger's Aardvarks!

-Kristie

See my jaguar!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 5:54 pm

I like him, Roger. He's very snazzy. :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 6:12 pm

Hey ... I just discovered, - your new otter is grey Shocked
Mine is brown Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 8:30 pm

So compared to the Schlecih jag...it must be a capybara on steroids!
Look out Schlecih jag....it's "CAPZILLA"!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection Empty

Back to top Go down

Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd. :: Safari Ltd. additions-
Jump to: