Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Visit the flea market

Go down 
+12
Ana
normal fox
NightLioness
Anne from Norway
widukind
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
cre8tivesoul
landrover
LeeAnn
75senta75
16 posters
AuthorMessage
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

Visit the flea market  Empty
PostSubject: Visit the flea market    Visit the flea market  EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 9:55 pm

Last Saturday the weather was fine for a visit at the flea market here in Munich.
It is one of the largest flea markets with over 2000 sellers.
Unfortunately every year there are more and more professional sellers.
But, you can still find many treasures here for your collection depending on what you are looking for.

Here is a small overview of the general stuff you find here everywhere.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

arrow Ok, now to the "most important" stuff.

Prices for animal figures are very different.  From absolutely "crazy expensive" to only a few Cents.
You will find many Schleich figures. But I have only buy some of them because I have these figures by Schleich or Bullyland already in my
collection or sometimes the seller wants to have too much money. Normally the prices for Schleich figures are between some Cents and five Euro.

I like these boxes full of surprises. Many stuff, many cheap and ugly "Made in China" figures. But also often some fine figures.
Here I have found a very fine dinosaur.......

... by STARLUX! The price of 50 Cent was all right too.  Smile

Now the hunt goes on ....  bounce  bounce These are typical offers....most are by Schleich.

Sometimes you also can get composition animals by Elastolin or Lineol.

Here a box full of very damaged figures by Lineol and Elastolin.

On the other side you get also figures for very expensive prices. Here I saw some fine figures in show cases.

drunken I have bought these figures for good prices between 2,00 Euro and 10,00 Euro.
Here they are.
drunken

The old German Shepherd of the 1st generation 1906 by Lineol.

Poultry by Lineol and Elastolin, most of the figures probably around 1950.

Elephant seal by Lineol about 1950

Cow by Elastolin.

Also some very interesting stuff. Have a look at the table. I have bought from this seller some figures for only a few Cents.
Do you see the figures by Play Visions ?

Here they are: Some fine Play Visions for my collection.

Here are the other figures I have bought for very good prices.

Old horses by Schleich

Cows by Bullyland and Elastolin

Schleich, also first foal for two Euro.

Bullyland

Schleich

AAA

Invicta British Museum

About this fine figure by Safari I was very happy!

AAA

K&M

Safari

Perhaps Nayab ?

Wink So I had some nice hours at flea market. sunny sunny

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Visit the flea market    Visit the flea market  EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 11:37 pm

WOW! I think I would pass out if I found that much nice stuff at a flea market! I rarely ever see model animals, let alone entire tables full of cheap ones! affraid It's mostly just worthless trash people are trying to sell for a fortune. Huge congrats Yvette! cheers cheers cheers

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Visit the flea market    Visit the flea market  EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 11:43 pm

affraid

Your walk through the flea market It was very successful,

I think that when you returning to your home there is no stress.

Wonderful animals, especially: invicta dinosaur Applause , mammoth safari and the playvisions.

And I think ,you saved Lineol and elastolin figures. sunny sunny

cre8tivesoul

cre8tivesoul

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Visit the flea market    Visit the flea market  EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 12:25 am

Oh wow! What a treasure trove! Very nice find. Smile I use to ignore flea markets... I don't think I will anymore! Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Visit the flea market    Visit the flea market  EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 12:41 am

I have to second that last sentence of Fernando. You really save some composition old models. Incredible how they store them sometimes. A first generation Lineol is a huge treasure. I also love these Invicta dinosaurs. The lion is a Wild Republic polybag ... traditionally we do really assign these figures to Nayab. A starlux iguanodon, even without tongue, is a fantastic find too. tongue

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Visit the flea market    Visit the flea market  EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 1:27 am

Oh man! I wish US flea markets were like that! But then again I'd probably have a heart attack at sight. Here most of the flea markets I've been to sell vintage items, "redone" vintage items (reupholstered furniture or newly painted lamps etc.), typical garage sale trash, and very rarely anything remotely toy like. What a great haul of animal models, big congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Visit the flea market    Visit the flea market  EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 8:44 am

You surely found gold there affraid

Me-oh-my !!!
That Safari mammoth !!! Invicta !! PlayVision ! Icelandic horse Schleich ! and even a Starlux Applause
The old composition models alone were worth the early morning, - and the Bullyland cow is even with tag still cheers

The black poodle is very interesting, - I have this model in balc and one in white, but they don't have the red tongue..they don't even look as if they had it scratch

I know you don't get it easily, - getting up before the sun to be there before all others and while everything interesting is still there sunny
- the early bird gets the worm  Laughing

Thankyou for sharing these wonderful treasures, and for telling about this magnificent market !!! drunken

Last edited by SUSANNE on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Visit the flea market    Visit the flea market  EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 9:18 am

Unbelievable!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Visit the flea market    Visit the flea market  EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 11:20 am

Incredible! I want to move to München now! Congratulations on all your great finds!
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Visit the flea market    Visit the flea market  EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 12:54 pm

Kingsday is this week!
I really hope I am as lucky as you are on that flea market, such nice animals you found! <3

Country/State : USA, Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Visit the flea market    Visit the flea market  EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 5:07 am

Wow! I agree with the other Americans, I have never seen that many toy animals in a flea market or even a toy show.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Visit the flea market    Visit the flea market  EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 1:13 pm

Wow, that's really wonderful flea market, looks like a dream for collectors! cheers Thanks for sharing the photos, Yvette! Very Happy Great finds too, congrats!

NightLioness wrote:
Kingsday is this week!
I really hope I am as lucky as you are on that flea market, such nice animals you found! <3

Just what I thought when reading this topic! Ha! Very Happy I don't think I'll have that much luck though.
By the way, my son will try to sell some of his toy animals tomorrow too XD

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Visit the flea market    Visit the flea market  EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 10:07 pm

Wonderful flea market!The ones here in the UK are similar to the USA ones-lots of trash and so called retro stuff.There are a few sellers of models-mostly fantasy-but they sometimes have animals as well but not as many as you have!I remember going to one many years ago in Vienna and seeing many Elastolin/composite models but never bought any the time Sad Sad Sad

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Visit the flea market    Visit the flea market  EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 2:49 pm

The 2 King's Day fleamarkets where i went yesterday...... Nothing for animal figures, apart from the basic schleich horse and farm stuff.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Visit the flea market    Visit the flea market  EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 7:04 pm

So many interesting finds, and the atmosphere must by amazing. Congratulations!
Been on some flea markets in the past, but there was no animal model, mostly dolls, cars and toys from Kinder eggs.

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Visit the flea market    Visit the flea market  EmptySun Apr 30, 2017 5:35 am

What an impressive photos collection Shocked

I would love to hunt in this jungle Very Happy
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Visit the flea market    Visit the flea market  EmptyMon May 01, 2017 9:09 pm

Many thanks for all your comments.Smile Smile

Fernando and Roger wrote:
And I think ,you saved Lineol and Elastolin figures.

You are right, I am very glad to have found these old figures.
Especially the dog. He is about 110 years old and he is really very rare. For the seller he was only old stuff to get rid of for very little money.

Anne from Norway wrote:
I want to move to München now!

For that I would not leave the beautiful Norway.drunken
But, if I think more about it, for me certainly it´s an advantage if you would move to Munich:
We could visit the flea markets together.Cool
If you still hesitate: There are different kinds of flea markets every Saturday.
For example in the middle of May is again the large children's flea market in town. Only used items for children can be sold there. Ok, only the weather here is often the problem.

Susanne wrote:
The black poodle is very interesting, - I have this model in black and one in white, but they don't have the red tongue..

You are right Susanne, I have also these poodles, but with "painting tongues".
Taos wrote:
Vienna and seeing many Elastolin/composite models

Oh, that´s very interesting, perhaps you have seen there also some composition figures by company Emil Pfeiffer.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kikimalou wrote:
I would love to hunt in this jungle

You are right, that was really a big jungle full of stuff, people, a lot of large and small ways between.
I was also glad, that my husband has accompanied me and he has also found some very interesting offers for me.
Four eyes see more than two.

PostSubject: Re: Visit the flea market    Visit the flea market  Empty

Back to top Go down

Visit the flea market
Page 1 of 1