Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1/32 scale animals

Go down 
+32
Roger
Leyster
Saarlooswolfhound
sunny
Ana
thebritfarmer
Joliezac
Loon
George
Farm collector
Jill
Babdo
Pardofelis
Bonnie
Shanti
sphyrna18
bmathison1972
landrover
Advicot
costicuba
Wilorvise
Chris Sweetman
rogerpgvg
Melekh
bjarki12
pipsxlch
Blublub
WhiteLightning Wolf
Lennart
SUSANNE
Dark Pegasus
Woodlander
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

1/32 scale animals - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 9:18 pm

Its great to see the measurements and how they compare with real horses!I agree that Britains models in general are very well made for the time and still think they are great even today!

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 5:05 pm

Hello!
The german modelrailroad company KM1 announced today on their digital home fair (DHM2020):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
KM1 will produce animals in 1:32. They produce people in 1:32, see here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
KM1 produces this figures with a 3D Printer and paint it also themselves.
Prices for Santa Claus 29Euro and waggon with reindeer 99Euro.
look here:
KM1 Santa Claus with reindeer
Santa Claus was produced 2019? and the waggon with the reindeer will produce 2021.
Here the animals which should produce in 2021.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Babdo on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:18 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 5:09 pm

Some beautiful foxes there for Roger! Very Happy
For such tiny models, the detail is amazing! Very Happy I hope they do a dog! bounce
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 7:06 pm

Thank you very much for telling us about this! It's great that they are going to make a cat and foxes. They are small animals and therefore quite hard to find in 1:32 scale. I am happy that they are going to paint them too (hand painted or machine painted, I wonder). I noticed that there are quite a few model kits with 1:32 scale animals, but almost all are unpainted. I am not so skilful and I don't know why, but I find it a bit odd to collect things that I have made myself. Perhaps when I start running out of painted animals to collect, this may change, but I am not quite there yet. Do you know about the Mininature 3D printed animals? I have a few (still unpainted) and they are very well done.

Babdo

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 1:38 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Thank you very much for telling us about this! It's great that they are going to make a cat and foxes. They are small animals and therefore quite hard to find in 1:32 scale. I am happy that they are going to paint them too (hand painted or machine painted, I wonder). I noticed that there are quite a few model kits with 1:32 scale animals, but almost all are unpainted. I am not so skilful and I don't know why, but I find it a bit odd to collect things that I have made myself. Perhaps when I start running out of painted animals to collect, this may change, but I am not quite there yet. Do you know about the Mininature 3D printed animals? I have a few (still unpainted) and they are very well done.
Hello Roger,
thank you for the information about Miniature 3D.
I look in the internet but I can not identify which products you mean.
Please show me the logo of the company and a sample figure, so I can search on the right way.
Benno
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 1:44 pm

I love the foxes, of course! Thanks for sharing that information with us. These figures have a very interesting design. :)

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 3:48 pm

Babdo wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:
Hello Roger,
thank you for the information about Miniature 3D.
I look in the internet but I can not identify which products you mean.
Please show me the logo of the company and a sample figure, so I can search on the right way.
Benno

Mininature is a STS member, he is a fabulous 3D sculptor and you can find its products in different scales Here
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 5:43 pm

Some comparison of Britains with other makers for benefit of Roger! Smile
Horses are with Breyer Stablemates.
The Shetland and the donkey are from Safari Ltd Farm babies tube.
The rest are all from Siku.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:55 pm

Excellent comparisons! cheers
But especially... the dogs! Very Happy You have the Britains rough collie (The sable and white model), I love this one as it reminds me of the real Bonnie, but so far I only have the border collie! And the wonderful lying GSD is gorgeous and reminds me of the Schleich- is it Siku? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:59 pm

Yes, I only have I Sable and white model but loads of the black and white ones!Yes,the GSD is Siku along with the cat.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 7:07 pm

Thank you- it's a lovely model I'll have to keep a lookout for it!Very Happy
And I agree, I have at least 3 of the black and white collies but the sable and white seems to be much more rare!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 8:38 pm

Very useful comparisons, thanks for showing them. I think sometimes the Breyers are a bit over the top, but quite a few you have are really nice. I especially like the brown horse (thoroughbred) in the first photo and the black and white and the brown heavy horses. The Boer goats are a bit different from the usual goats, which makes them quite attractive to me. A good cat too!

Does the paint on the Britains border collie with black head and tail look original? I have never seen it painted this way. The sable and white collie was produced for a shorter period, so it's a bit rarer.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 6:18 pm

Let’s have some numbers …

How good was Britain at producing 1:32 scale animals? As a survey, I measured all their animals from the zoo range. In total, Britains made 96 different zoo animal figures. For 20 animals, there was an early and later version; I included both versions. In many cases, the two versions are very similar (e.g., polar bears, tortoise, walrus, camels, standing gorilla), but in other cases they are quite different (Indian elephant, walking tiger,  pelican, red deer).

Of the 96 figures, I considered 75 to be in 1:32 scale (78%), using strict criteria. These 75 consist of 40 different species.

Britains made 18 young zoo animals and all are in 1:32 scale. In fact, the young kangaroo and baby chimps are in 1:32 scale but their parents aren’t. It’s kind of easy to make young animals in the right scale (as their size depends on how young they are), so I also checked the numbers after discounting them. It leaves us with 78 adults, 57 of which are in 1:32 scale. This is 73%. So Britains didn’t manage to make all animals in 1:32 scale, but the majority are.

Does this make Britains the number 1 brand for 1:32 scale wildlife animals? I think so. The vintage brand that has the second most 1:32 animals in my collection is Hausser Elastolin. I don’t have a complete Elastolin collection, but based on measurements of my own animals plus photos of those I don’t have, I count about 55 1:32 scale figures in their 54 mm zoo range. Almost 25 of these are young animals. Of their adult animals, just over 30% is 1:32 scale. Clearly, Elastolin wasn’t as good at making animals to scale as Britains. I think they probably didn’t really try and this is the reason why they said they produced 54 mm animals rather than 1:32 scale (or 56 mm, which also suggest that they didn’t care much about scale).

Starlux and Clairet also produced many 1:32 scale animals, but there are too many missing in my collection to give you good estimates. Each brand probably has somewhat fewer 1:32 scale animals than Elastolin, but Starlux and Clairet produced fewer young animals, so their number of adults in 1:32 scale is probably higher. Like Elastolin, Starlux and Clairet didn’t really make their animals to scale, and I think the percentage of their animals in 1:32 scale is probably similar to that of Hausser Elastolin. My VEB Plaho collection is more complete (actually they are mostly Marolin). About 22 of their 58 adults (38%) are 1:32, slightly higher than Elastolin.

Of the modern brands, I have quite a few Safari Ltd. animals in 1:32 scale. If we counted all the 1:32 elephants, large sea life and Toob animals that they made in their history, then it may well be the brand which has the second-most 1:32 scale animals (after Britains).

Bandai scores highest of the Japanese brands in my collection, with 55 1:32 scale animals, many of them young ones.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 6:25 pm

This is so interesting, and really shows your dedication and research into 1:32 scale animals! cheers cheers
You clearly have a huge collection and huge knowledge, I will have to ask you about 1:32 scale dogs one day! Very Happy I wonder what percentage of 1:32 scale dogs are actually of an accurate scale! scratch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 7:28 pm

It is interesting to see again model train figures. Some of these brands have nice animals

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 7:51 pm

That is a very interesting research and I really enjoy it because I like this hobby in all its aspects. I think the only soft spot of your research is that you tend to acquire figures that are close to 1:32. Scale, thus, the percentages should be smaller in some of the brands you mentioned. Without having any objective elements, I’d say easily that Britains is by far the most effective brand working at this scale. Just look at the size of the larger animals Britains replicated and also the smaller ones and you will notice a much larger range of sizes than what you find in brands like Elastolin or Starlux, for instance. The also called 54mm scale is basically making somethin that looks good with a 54mm tall human figure. It is not as precise as using the terminology of 1/32 that means a figure should be 32 timmes smaller than the real thing. Actually, tridymensionally, it is 32768 times smaller. Laughing
Safari is a very interesting brand in this regard because they have figures of all sizes, from Good Luck Minis to Incredible Creatures. So, we can find loads of figures across many different scales.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 10:32 pm

Bonnie wrote:
I will have to ask you about 1:32 scale dogs one day! Very Happy I wonder what percentage of 1:32 scale dogs are actually of an accurate scale! scratch Very Happy
Unfortunately, I don't have many 1:32 scale dogs. Most are Britains. The dogs by the other vintage brands are often too large. Today, Benno gave us fantastic information about small-sized dog figures, including many in 1:32 scale that I don't have: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Roger wrote:
I think the only soft spot of your research is that you tend to acquire figures that are close to 1:32. Scale, thus, the percentages should be smaller in some of the brands you mentioned.
I know what you mean, but the percentages are not based on the figures I own. They are calculated by counting all figures of a brand (wildlife only) divided by all figures that are 1:32 scale. Of course, if I don't own a figure, I can't be 100% sure whether it is 1:32 scale, but I have most of the Elastolin and VEB Plaho figures and for those that I don't have, I have estimated the size based on photos on the web (using the lego block or Schleich man).

Roger wrote:
Safari is a very interesting brand in this regard because they have figures of all sizes, from Good Luck Minis to Incredible Creatures. So, we can find loads of figures across many different scales.
Given that Safari is happy to make figures in so many different sizes, I am hoping that one day they will come to the realisation that it's a good idea to make a series to scale. Even if it isn't 1:32 scale, I'd still consider it a step forward Very Happy

widukind wrote:
It is interesting to see again model train figures. Some of these brands have nice animals
That's right, I have started to look into this after Benno started posting here. They don't seem to make a lot of animals, but they are often small European species that are missing from my collection. And the train model companies do generally try to make things to scale.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 10:39 pm

Thank you so much, I saw Benno's topic on dogs and they are wonderful! Very Happy And I agree, there aren't that many 1:32 scale dogs, maybe because at this scale they are very small, but the Britains ones are lovely! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 12:14 am

Roger, I really misunderstood it and I’m sorry for that. Also, I think the soft spot expression is not as soft as I wished but you know my vocabulary is quite limited. So there’s no weakness in your research what turns it even more interesting.
About Safari, if not a series at a certain scale, I think they could favour a certain one intorducing figures at that same scale across the different series. For instance, they could easily put some felines at 1:15 scale in their standard sized produts and rhinos, hippos and other large animals at 1:15 but sold as Wildlife Wonders. Then, the same scale could be used for smaller animals, again 1:15 scale for some TOOBS. I mean civets or even smaller ones. It could also be done with your favorite scale. Elephants on standard series, maybe leopards, wolves and so as TOOBS, some whales on Sealife and still some dinosaurs, 1:32 works nicely with 1:35 that is very popular among dinolanders.
They could even, at the end of the catalogue, present all these models together in a section called Diorama and the designation of the scale. Idea Hallucinating a little more, they could even introduce other natural elements at that same scale like trees, rocks, caves,, etc. OK, I will stop. Laughing

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 12:49 pm

Today's Museum post is the Koro Koro green sea turtle and is in the 1:21-1:34 scale. This means it works for both you 1:24 and 1:32 collectors :-)

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 1:00 pm

It is a wonderful figure! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 7:08 pm

Roger wrote:
About Safari, if not a series at a certain scale, I think they could favour a certain one intorducing figures at that same scale across the different series. For instance, they could easily put some felines at 1:15 scale in their standard sized produts and rhinos, hippos and other large animals at 1:15 but sold as Wildlife Wonders. Then, the same scale could be used for smaller animals, again 1:15 scale for some TOOBS. I mean civets or even smaller ones. It could also be done with your favorite scale. Elephants on standard series, maybe leopards, wolves and so as TOOBS, some whales on Sealife and still some dinosaurs, 1:32 works nicely with 1:35 that is very popular among dinolanders.
They could even, at the end of the catalogue, present all these models together in a section called Diorama and the designation of the scale. Idea Hallucinating a little more, they could even introduce other natural elements at that same scale like trees, rocks, caves,, etc. OK, I will stop. Laughing

Great ideas! I think Safari has a website where you can make suggestions; worth trying!

Thanks for the green turtle, Blaine. I have a few green turtles, but I like families of the same species and this one is a bit different because she has eggs and barnacles on her carapace. I saw it for sale a while ago but had no idea about its size.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 7:20 pm

Now something a bit strange: The Putitto Cup Edge gorillas. These gorillas are meant to decorate a glass, like this:

Putitto (part of Kitan) makes lots of these cup edge animals: elephants, hippos, pandas, dolphins, hedgehogs, sharks, frogs, a shrimp, a wood louse, almost anything you can think of. I can’t imagine why, but they must sell well. Anyhow, gorillas can climb trees, so why not a glass? Their poses aren’t entirely natural, but they are actually well sculpted. And importantly, they are 1:32 scale. The best size information I found comes from an article by Beuer and colleagues (2007) in the American Journal of Physical Anthropology, who measured the rump length of Western gorillas. The 17 male silverbacks were 85.3–97.2cm, while the 15 females were 72.3–74.8 cm. The Putittos (which have a slightly greyish back) have a rump length of 2.9/93-3.0/96 cm.

There are 7 different gorillas: 5 different poses and two colours (black and albino). Only one albino gorilla is ever known to have existed, but my 1:32 wildlife reserve is proud to have two!

Some poses are more natural than others. I particularly like these two: it is as if they have an argument about something. Probably money.

I wish I could display them in a more natural environment, hanging from a tree or other vegetation. If anyone has a good idea (hopefully easy to make), let me know. Here are the Putittos with some of my other gorillas. In the centre, we have the baby and adult (rump length 2.8/90 cm) Bandai gorillas and on the far right, the Britains standing gorilla (same rump length; height 5.5/176 cm; Wikipedia says that male gorillas are 140-180 m tall).
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 7:35 pm

These gorillas have wonderful sculpts, and the poses are definitely interesting! Very Happy I think Schleich made some trees, but I don't have any so I'm not sure whether they would be good to hang these from- it might work!
Thank you for sharing these! cheers
Back to top Go down
Babdo

Babdo

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 8:01 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Now something a bit strange: The Putitto Cup Edge gorillas. These gorillas are meant to decorate a glass, like this:

Putitto (part of Kitan) makes lots of these cup edge animals: elephants, hippos, pandas, dolphins, hedgehogs, sharks, frogs, a shrimp, a wood louse, almost anything you can think of. I can’t imagine why, but they must sell well. Anyhow, gorillas can climb trees, so why not a glass? Their poses aren’t entirely natural, but they are actually well sculpted. And importantly, they are 1:32 scale. The best size information I found comes from an article by Beuer and colleagues (2007) in the American Journal of Physical Anthropology, who measured the rump length of Western gorillas. The 17 male silverbacks were 85.3–97.2cm, while the 15 females were 72.3–74.8 cm. The Putittos (which have a slightly greyish back) have a rump length of 2.9/93-3.0/96 cm.

There are 7 different gorillas: 5 different poses and two colours (black and albino). Only one albino gorilla is ever known to have existed, but my 1:32 wildlife reserve is proud to have two!

Some poses are more natural than others. I particularly like these two: it is as if they have an argument about something. Probably money.

I wish I could display them in a more natural environment, hanging from a tree or other vegetation. If anyone has a good idea (hopefully easy to make), let me know. Here are the Putittos with some of my other gorillas. In the centre, we have the baby and adult (rump length 2.8/90 cm) Bandai gorillas and on the far right, the Britains standing gorilla (same rump length; height 5.5/176 cm; Wikipedia says that male gorillas are 140-180 m tall).
Wonderfull!
I like the Idear of using the animals for cups!
I know using Figures on the top of the cake. Called cake topping Figures, but mostly they are snowborder or soccerplaye .
Today i found some plastic products which I will use for trees. Wait a little moment and i will show fotos.
Benno.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

1/32 scale animals
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next