Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1/32 scale animals

Go down 
+32
Roger
Leyster
Saarlooswolfhound
sunny
Ana
thebritfarmer
Joliezac
Loon
George
Farm collector
Jill
Babdo
Pardofelis
Bonnie
Shanti
sphyrna18
bmathison1972
landrover
Advicot
costicuba
Wilorvise
Chris Sweetman
rogerpgvg
Melekh
bjarki12
pipsxlch
Blublub
WhiteLightning Wolf
Lennart
SUSANNE
Dark Pegasus
Woodlander
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

1/32 scale animals - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2023 2:12 am

Roger wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:
I prefer to see them as Barbary macaques rather than chimps even if that means they aren't 1:32 scale. I'd like to think that François Clairet knew that chimps are black and don't have tails. Your comments make it very useful for me to show my collection here, thank you!

My preference aligns with yours." Wink

I chose to put these in the chimp categorie because Clairet inspiration was mainly the Zoo de Vincennes and the Ménagerie du jardin des plantes in Paris. These places were known for their chimps but I can't find any trace of Barbary macaques. I also miss the small tails Palmface

Now I alsoi need to have a look at my chimps because my Bandai are in the 1/25 rainforest scratch
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2023 3:06 am

1/25 scale (70 cm rump-crown length) is possible for the Bandaï adult. In fact, that's about the mean size in the study by Curry (2020). Most of the adult chimps in the Hamada and Udono (2006) were larger.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2023 9:04 am

Absolutely wonderful comparisons!Always with such great information as well. Applause Applause

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2023 3:53 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:
I prefer to see them as Barbary macaques rather than chimps even if that means they aren't 1:32 scale. I'd like to think that François Clairet knew that chimps are black and don't have tails. Your comments make it very useful for me to show my collection here, thank you!

My preference aligns with yours." Wink

I chose to put these in the chimp categorie because Clairet inspiration was mainly the Zoo de Vincennes and the Ménagerie du jardin des plantes in Paris. These places were known for their chimps but I can't find any trace of Barbary macaques. I also miss the small tails Palmface

Now I alsoi need to have a look at my chimps because my Bandai are in the 1/25 rainforest scratch

The Starlux chimp also has a little tail and it is undoubtly a chimp. Apes were not so well known by these times! :)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 11:36 am

Interesting. But as you say, the Starlux looks more like a chimp and it also has a more appropriate dark colour.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 2:20 pm

The reserve is infested with rats!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The rats are from a model kit by Plusmodel that I finally finished painting. Painting isn’t quite my thing, it took me almost 3.5 years to finish them Embarassed !

The rats are meant to be 1/35 scale. The leaflet that came with the rats said that you can paint them as either brown or black rats. However, they would be too large as black rats in 1/32 scale, so I painted them brown.

Painting the eyes was a nightmare. I had to use a needle because a brush was too large. I aim it at the eye and blob, the paint goes onto the cheek. So I have to repaint the whole face again. Let it dry again. Then I try again. I aim my needle at the eye and oops, the paint goes onto the nose. Try again. And again, and again Mad .

The kit contained seven different models. The most common model was this one:

There were quite a few more in the kit, but I lost their tail when I tried to remove them from the frame. Another nightmare! The rats are made of a fragile resin and the tails were attached to the frame in such a way that it was almost impossible not to break them.

These rats have a head+body length of 0.86/27.5 cm (to be exact). A study by Porter et al. (2015, Jn of Mammalogy) showed that the mean length of 100 brown rats in Baltimore (US) was 25 cm and the largest was 28.5 cm, so the Plusmodels are large but possible for 1/32 scale.

Two rats eating from a can that someone has kindly opened for them:

Two sitting ones that have already filled themselves up:

I painted two as lab rats:

Two hiding in a pipe:

And four that were unlucky Sad :
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 2:53 pm

What a nightmare to paint so tiny models but at least you succeed on! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 3:17 pm

3,5 years? It is much faster than what I can do. Laughing
So nice you could find some rats to your collection and I'm sure I would need a microscope to see them so painting is out of question.
Are there hamsters as large as rats? I don't think so but maybe you can paint those with tails broken and you could try tricolored or tortoiseshell and you would find out that painting rats is not so hard. Laughing

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 6:07 pm

That's very impressive painting for those tiny eyes!! and I like the colour selection you have for your family. I'm happy that the 2 lab rats made a successful escape to your reserve Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 6:18 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:

All the chimp juveniles together:

And all the adults:

All together, it’s a riot!

so many variations on the chimp! I like the baby Bandai, it's very cute and the painting is so well done.

I came across one of the long arms ones - but with a tail! here it is -

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 2:11 am

I never seen these rats before

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 4:18 am

You have great nightmares Roger Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 9:29 am

Caracal wrote:
What a nightmare to paint so tiny models but at least you succeed on! cheers cheers drunken

Thank you. While I was painting them, I often wondered how you managed put put hundreds of spots on leopards and cheetahs.

Roger wrote:
Are there hamsters as large as rats? I don't think so but maybe you can paint those with tails broken and you could try tricolored or tortoiseshell and you would find out that painting rats is not so hard. Laughing

Apparently, European hamsters have a similar size. But they have a small tail. They may be possible as Guinea pigs. I'll show you in a few years time how they turned out.

sunny wrote:

I came across one of the long arms ones - but with a tail!  here it is -

Interesting! They could be used as gibbons.

widukind wrote:
I never seen these rats before

I came across them just by chance.

Kikimalou wrote:
You have great nightmares Roger Very Happy

In my sleep I am surrounded by rats with malformed eyes all over their body affraid .
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 1:05 pm

Let’s see whether I have any cats to deal with the rat plague. Several brands have made cats that are meant to be 1:32 scale or smaller. First, we have the Britains cats:

My collection is still not complete; Britains also made a black and white spitting cat.

The walking cats have a shoulder height of 1.0/32 cm and a head+body length of 1.9/61 cm. Cat & Friends shows that most cat breeds have a 20-30 cm shoulder height while their head+body length is roughly 30-50 cm. Some cat breeds such as the Maine Coon, Savannah and British shorthair are larger. The Britains walking cat is very large in 1:32 scale, especially in terms of length.

The other Britains cats are harder to measure but have a similar size. They are large cats for 1:32 scale, but in an absolute sense they are very small, as the Lego block shows:

The Britains sitting cats:

The lying cats:

And the spitting cats:

I also have a lead cat that is marked “Britains”:

The origin of this cat is a bit of a mystery to me, because I don’t think it is one of the pre-plastic era Britains cats. It may be a W. Britain figure. W. Britain became independent of the Britains Ltd. company in 2005 and continues to make metal figures. My impression is that it doesn’t have its original paint and has been repainted. Its SH is 1.0/32 cm and HB length is 1.8/58 cm. Another tiny large cat.

Breyer has made several cats as “companion animals” for their 1:32 scale Stablemate horses:

They may be meant to be kittens because some are from the “Kittens and Foals” set. It isn’t so obvious that they are kittens, so I am happy to use them as adults. The walking cat’s SH is 1.1/35 cm and HB length is 1.9/61 cm. They are slightly larger than the Britains:

Kaiyodo made four cats in what is meant to be 1/35 scale. They are part of a series called “Capsule Q Characters” made in 2014. It is possible that they were modelled after figures in a cartoon or manga series; I don’t know. As we can see from the old man on the haystack, the series isn’t meant to be fully realistic. Perhaps the cats are a bit stylised too, but sufficiently realistic for me.

There is a sitting cat and a cat in a funny pose, which is meant to put his front paws against the haystack:

And a walking and a lying cat:

The walking cat has a SH of 1.1/35 cm and a HB length of 2.0/64 cm. Another very large cat! Still, the Kaiyodos look fine with my other cats:

Finally, cats by Holly Loves Toys (HLT), which is a small family business that makes various 1:32 scale farm models, some of them domestic animals. I bought two metal cats from them:

The sitting cat is fairly small as you can see in this comparison:

In contrast, the standing cat is extremely large. It has a SH of 1.25/40 cm and HB length of 2.2/70 cm. But the larger the cats, the better, that will scare the rats off!

Let’s see how the cats are getting on with the rats …

This cat just got the shock of his life:

These two have an interesting conversation:

Can I help you get out of that pipe?

So sorry to step on your tail!

I’ll keep an eye on you!

Beautiful colour you have!

Would you mind sharing?

May I follow you?

I am terribly sorry!

We’d better be safe!

It looks like the rats are here to stay!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 1:43 pm

The last pic Laughing

I have a big preference for the Britains and Kaiyodos Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 2:53 pm

You have so many cats! I had no idea there were so many made in such tiny size! And you even have some rats too 😃

They are all very cute, I like especially the kaiyodos. I'm probably not correct but the man from this set reminds me of Mr Nakata from the book "Kafka on the Shore". He had the ability to talk with cats 🙂

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 4:31 pm

lol! It was so fun to read your post! cheers
Some have very funny details complementing your comments. For example, the tail of the tail-stepper or the way cats dress for a funeral. Laughing
Thanks for giving me so much joy. Very Happy

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 9:35 am

Thank you, Christophe, Ana and Rogério!

Ana wrote:
They are all very cute, I like especially the kaiyodos. I'm probably not correct but the man from this set reminds me of Mr Nakata from the book "Kafka on the Shore". He had the ability to talk with cats 🙂

I don't know the background of these Kaiyodo figures, so it is possible that they are inspired by Mr Nakata or it is even Mr Nakata himself.

Roger wrote:
lol! It was so fun to read your post! cheers
Some have very funny details complementing your comments. For example, the tail of the tail-stepper or the way cats dress for a funeral.  Laughing
Thanks for giving me so much joy. Very Happy

Haha, I hadn't even noticed those details Laughing.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 11:34 am

Superb collection of cats!! cheers cheers

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 3:01 pm

Thanks, Taylor!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 11:31 am

One more candidate for a 1/32 collection, the TNG wooly mammoth Very Happy

Back to top Go down
bjarki12

bjarki12

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 3:51 pm

Fantastic model, and a fantastic display with the others, too. Remind me what brand the muskox and caribou come from?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 3:55 pm

Kaiyodo Wild Rush series
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 3:58 pm

Wonderful models! cheers cheers cheers

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 4:15 pm

It's a great looking mammoth. I don't collect prehistoric animals, but wait, when the Egyptians and Sumerians invented the script, mammoths still roamed the earth Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

1/32 scale animals
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next