Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND

Go down 
+8
widukind
Kikimalou
costicuba
john2xtheman
Roger
zirkoon
Songbird
SUSANNE
12 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND Empty
PostSubject: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 9:17 am

WOW !!!! A STEPPE mammoth  affraid
We see models of woolly mammoths all the time, but here is one of its ancestors   cheers

You can read about this impressive creature for instance on  Wikipedia

Eofauna is a very unusual compagny.
On their SITE we can read that they make skull casts and drawings, but it seems that this is their firs plasic model, and it is WONDERFUL  cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It took me some time to make a walkaround. Not because it was difficult, but the challenge is to limit the number of pictures  geek  Laughing
But now I decided to let you see a lot of photos, - so I hope will enjoy them and not fall asleep  Sleep  Rolling Eyes  Wink

Compared to the beautyful wooly mammoth from Safari :

Compared to the good, old, strange Woolly beast form Schleich :

He comes with a data-tag, showing some percentages, - I don't know what they are  scratch
Unfortunately I can't show a close-up, as it fell down behind the piano, and I can't get hold of it again  Suspect  Embarassed  Laughing

I am sure it is a male, - isn't he ?  study

One of the things that made me so utterly happy, is the feet !!!! He has REAL elephant-feet  cheers

Isn't he a beauty ?  Very Happy

Thankyou for watching sunny

If anybody has more photos, please feel free to add them here Very Happy

Songbird

Songbird

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 9:18 am

Amazona walkaround and congrats for this model!
Back to top Go down
zirkoon

zirkoon

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 9:38 am

Fantastic Walkaround! What a great looking mammoth.
I will order one too.
Thank you Susanne.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 10:09 am

Excellent walk around with perfect pictures that give justice to that fabuulous figure. I like the way these animals are being portraied in these last years and that the old fashioned way we see in Schleich (another species) is not so common in these days. Papo made a stepe mammoth a long time ago. It is easy to think this is a real creature just from watching your first picture. I also like its movement, almost like a chalicothere despite being not related. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 10:29 am

Thanks, friends Very Happy

Roger wrote:
......Papo made a stepe mammoth a long time ago....... Very Happy

Ohhh! Is that a Steppe Mammoth too ? Shocked
They do not sya so in the catalogue, - but it is right that it isn't very woolly Very Happy

I'll have to make a picture of the two together cheers

john2xtheman

john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

PostSubject: Re: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 11:28 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Thanks, friends Very Happy

Roger wrote:
......Papo made a stepe mammoth a long time ago....... Very Happy

Ohhh! Is that a Steppe Mammoth too ? Shocked
They do not sya so in the catalogue, - but it is right that it isn't very woolly Very Happy

I'll have to make a picture of the two together cheers
Actually it didn't say it in the catalog because it really wasn't.I'm not sure Papo even knew what a Steppe Mammoth was.It was just members of the Dinosaur Toy Forum "deciding" that it was when in truth,it was no more accurate than the cavemen that came out with it at the time.So what you have in the pictures really is the first of it's kind. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 11:40 am

As Photobucket ruined wonderful [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I am sharing here the Review on DinoToyBlog.  
A comparison picture of these two is surely a perfect complement to this topic. flower
Actually, @jonh2xtheman is bringing an interesting discussion.  Papo never told it was a stepe mammoth but they also never told that it was a woolly mammoth. So, it gives some freedom to collectors to discuss which species fit better in that representation. It was always relatively clear for me that a stepe mammoth was a good match, I also based it on DTF identification once the explanations seemed very plausible to me. However, it may be lack of accuracy with the traditional wish of a collector of seeing something never made before. Laughing

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Yeahh cheers cheers cheers
How wonderful ...today we got this great walkaround by Susanne , of this very beautiful model...
and exactly today my Eofauna Mammoth also arrived from Germany cheers

3 words : I LOVE IT ! Very Happy

Great details, great life like pose, wonderful proportions , very well done paint job
and very good quality of the plastic material.
Very  balanced model !
And it is only the first one from Eofauna.
I just can`t wait for next models.. bounce
Bravo Eofauna ! Applause Applause Applause

And thank you Susanne for this perfect walkaround sunny

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 12:20 pm

Oh, and one more thing...
I love the size. It is just perfect.
Not so big ..but big enough. Perfect for my taste Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 2:38 pm

Susanne thank you for the pics cheers

I still don't have mine and I can't say I will buy it because of your nice walkaround... only because I already knew I will buy it Laughing

Roger wrote:
As Photobucket ruined wonderful [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I am sharing here the Review on DinoToyBlog.  
A comparison picture of these two is surely a perfect complement to this topic. flower
Actually, @jonh2xtheman is bringing an interesting discussion.  Papo never told it was a stepe mammoth but they also never told that it was a woolly mammoth. So, it gives some freedom to collectors to discuss which species fit better in that representation. It was always relatively clear for me that a stepe mammoth was a good match, I also based it on DTF identification once the explanations seemed very plausible to me. However, it may be lack of accuracy with the traditional wish of a collector of seeing something never made before. Laughing

I agree Papo made first a mammoth and then a wooly mammoth with calves (odd calves Wink ).

Papo fisrt model is more a steppe mammoth than anything else and it was a good mammoth model, one of my favorite with the Carnegie, Kinto favorite and the old Invicta. Nevertheless, Eofauna made the first Official Steppe mammoth and it is a big hit Applause I can't wait to have mine and I can't wait to discover the next model drunken
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 5:34 pm

A very beautieful mammoth :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Eofauna

Eofauna

Country/State : -

PostSubject: Re: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND EmptyWed Nov 08, 2017 11:15 pm

Hello everybody!

Many thanks Sussane for those fantastic photos, congratulations. We are so happy that you like our first model. Thank you so much to all of you collectors for so nice comments.

For your info, we are now working on a second model, we hope you will like it even more than the first one Surprised

Eofauna
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND EmptyWed Nov 08, 2017 11:33 pm

Eofauna wrote:
Hello everybody!

Many thanks Sussane for those fantastic photos, congratulations. We are so happy that you like our first model. Thank you so much to all of you collectors for so nice comments.

For your info, we are now working on a second model, we hope you will like it even more than the first one Surprised

Eofauna

This is what I call good news from the perfect source. Laughing Looking forward to see what's next. bounce bounce

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 1:38 am

It's indeed a very great model and a must have,,,,can't wait to see their 2nd model,,hope it wil be a prehistoric elephant.

Last edited by STORMnl on Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 3:10 am

Beautiful model! Congratulations Susanne and thank you for the great walk around! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 3:28 am

Eofauna wrote:
Hello everybody!

Eofauna

Thankyou Embarassed It would be hard to make bad photos of such a wonderful model Laughing

WOW ! I can't wait to see what the next one is bounce cheers

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 6:44 am

Roger wrote:
Eofauna wrote:
Hello everybody!

Eofauna

This is what I call good news from the perfect source. Laughing Looking forward to see what's next. bounce bounce

bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce

Thank you very much Eofauna for this absolutely gorgeous model !
You have made only one model till now...and you are already one of our favorite brands !
This I call magic Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND EmptySun Nov 19, 2017 9:16 am

Here the handsome fellow is together with his brother from Papo Very Happy

Outdoors enjoying the last autumn sun Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND EmptySun Nov 19, 2017 11:51 am

Thank you Susanne. There is the comparison that was missing. cheers
To be fair, in direct comparison, they don't really look like the same species as @jonh2xtheman suggested. Especially when observing how different are these tusks. Though, I will let it to experts. elephant

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 5:34 am

mmmmm,,Roger,,Tusk are growing the way they want to,,but most tusks are growing the same,,

Rhombo Eric

Country/State : France, Brittany

PostSubject: Re: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 6:38 am

Does someone know what kind of animal would be the second animal of Eofauna? I am waiting for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND   The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND Empty

Back to top Go down

The amazing stepppe mammoth from Eofauna WALKAROUND
Page 1 of 1