Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*

Go down 
+49
Joliezac
Stripedhyena
NandO
Jill
sunny
George
rogerpgvg
Rakel
Birdsage
Mitsukuni
Duck-Anch-Amun
endogenylove
Wallace98
Bonnie
Tiermann
spacelab
RtasVadumee
Steve170
A.R.Garcia
Taos
bmathison1972
widukind
jarda
Bloodrayne
Pardofelis
pipsxlch
Caracal
Jolly Reaper
Wilorvise
Megaptera
costicuba
landrover
WhiteLightning Wolf
pm64
SUSANNE
NightLioness
sbell
lucky luke
Kikimalou
Dum_my
75senta75
Tylosaurus
Tarunyada
scot(t)
Ana
JamesPanda
barracudacat
Anne from Norway
Roger
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 10:41 am

Thank you everybody!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I would prefer if it were heavy personally. I like the heft of larger models. But then again, if it saves on plastic and can reduce the price then I'm all for it (the reason it took me so long to get this turtle was the price...)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 1:20 pm

Very nice

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 1:29 am

FINALLY! I will post my new figures, they have been patiently waiting on a shelf for a few weeks while I got other projects done. So, these are purchases, some excited finds, thrift store surprises, and I went through some old boxes of models that I was considering customizing and changed my mind on that. Here we go!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
*Gasp* I know! I finally got the CollectA caribou! Yay! And I got his schleich friend as well. I really like both for different reasons. Tracked down the lovely old safari warthog, I love the movement in this figure. Schleich red panda is wonderful, the cutesy style I think works for this brand and species. An unknown baboon, macaque, hippo, gharial, and softshell turtle (especially this one) are awesome additions! I went out of my usual and got the gigantic and stunning safari Townsend's bat! And lastly, a few amazing yowies I drool over.

I have a new addiction to tropical reef fish and other reef animals which is a problem because I have quickly ran out of room! I found this tube of fish and crabs (pv look alikes?) and I simply could not resist. A random safari toob parrot fish, some more awesome yowies, another deviation into safaris Incredible Creatures line snuck into my shelves... last but not least! I snagged the schleich moray eel and tropical fish sets for cheap AND AND AND! I found a brand new 4D master puzzles lion fish for one whole dollar at a thrift store! Unopened! I couldn't believe it...

Here we have another holy grail, the original Paposaur Rex. A little beat up, but what "tyrant lizard king" wouldnt be? Especially at his age... I snagged a few safari prehistorics (the mammoths are a little pathetic in size compared to its older bull version... perhaps these are the Californian island pygmy subspecies?), I just cant resist safari dinos when they are on sale. Especially an Allosaurus (a favorite species of mine). A lonely safari lamb led the new schleich angus pair into the fold. The angus bull reminds me of the clipped and shampoo'd and trim bulls I see at our local state fair in August. And to round it all out, a whole pack of dogs! I enjoy Hood Hounds as American Pitbull Terriers aren't represented (in any form really) very well, though two of them might have fleas. Shocked unknown retriever, a schleich yellow labrador variant to mine, and a goofy cocker spaniel. Perhaps not the most detailed/realistic, but they DID capture the silly spaniel personality.

Probably wont be updating this thread for a while, but I hope everything in the world gets back to normal soon! In the meantime, be safe and healthy my friends.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 3:47 am

The unknown Baboon looks like CollectA's.

Nice additions by the way. Are you not upset by the size difference between CollectA's caribou and Schleich's reindeer ?

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 4:44 am

As always I enjoy your pictures and descriptions enormously cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 4:55 am

Wonderful additions, the Yowies are so special :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 7:51 am

Among all these treasures and beautiful figures, my focus goes to the Safari old warthog. I really enjoy a lot that piece but as it was easier to get one of the Schleich versions available at the moment, I let that pig get lost in time. pig I like my Schleich figure, of course, but the Safari captured their typical movement that is also part of their identity.
I see you are expanding your interests, with all this confinement, it is important that you save a little room for yourself. Wink

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 11:15 am

RtasVadumee wrote:
The unknown Baboon looks like CollectA's.

Nice additions by the way. Are you not upset by the size difference between CollectA's caribou and Schleich's reindeer ?
I thought do too about the baboon but once I got the figure home I realized there are significant differences. I'll try to post a comparison photo here later on.

And no, the size difference doesnt bother me at all. Very Happy Most figures are welcome in my collection, great or small!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 11:19 am

Thank you Susanne! The yowies are especially special Andreas. Wink

It's a shame you missed this warthog Roger, maybe someday you can find one for your shelves. I totally agree with you though, it's my favorite for this species because they captured this personality that warthogs have, which is missing in other models.

And room you say? I need no room for myself. I wish to be drowning in my collection as it keeps me occupied. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 11:41 am

WOW. Applause Applause

Large number of animals for your collection. The thyranosaurus rex and the caribou

are my favourites. Many dogs and many aquatic figures.

Big congratulations. cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 3:28 pm

Thank you Fernando!

This new baboon is a copy of the model here with baby:http://toyanimal.mywikis.net/wiki/CollectA_88203_Baboon_Female_with_Baby

But I think the baby is molded to the adult, not removable. Mine has no makers mark on it at all. So there are some noticeable differences overall.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 8:25 pm

Great finds! I'm envious of the lionfish lol. Those scratching pit bulls actually look really good! I have that same mold Papo T. rex, also a surprising and cheap thrift store find. You got some beauties!

Could I ask who made the 2 Arabs in your February third post?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 9:25 pm

Thanks Kelly! I hope you can find a fabulous puzzle lionfish soon!

The dressed up arabs are papo models! Just recently retired, I got mine from Happyhentoys online.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 11:35 am

Despite everything going on now I was able to snag a few great figures.

The PV-Club Earth extinct animals are of course from our great WhiteLightning Wolf and are just stunning! I finally found the yellow labrador and so my black lab counterpart is lonely no longer with his twin. I just HAD to grab the treehousekids ram to partner with my safari one. Yowies are always a treat! I cant resist dogs when I see them and lastly I decided to re-annex my mini schleich dinos to the display.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 11:43 am

Rare additions :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 11:44 am

Some real beautiful models there!!!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 12:34 pm

WONDERFUL !
That extinct animals -set is just a dream drunken

Please, can you tell us a little about the dogs ?

The one with the paws crossed look like an Irish setter, a breed that I have not seen in real since my childhood , when my grandfater had one. They are gorgeous, but need to have lots of stimulation and exercise Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 12:53 pm

But of course, I love talking about dogs!

I came across these as I was doing my general search on ebay of different brands (doesn't usually yield much in affordable rarities). These came up as K&M 2005 dogs which I wasn't aware they ever made dog figures I thought they just made wildlife. I wandered on and it came up in my search again a few days later, it had expired and been reposted. I made an offer to the seller of 6$ (it was listed as 5.98$ I think) and they just sold it to me, I guess they wanted to get rid of it.

The breeds include a (left to right) golden retriever, black labrador, german shepherd, rottweiler, shih tzu, poodle, basset, and irish setter. Marked as K&M and 2005. I would assume some sort of set but I haven't had time to research them yet as I've been busy with another mystery. Does that answer all your questions?

Thank you Andreas, Taylor, and Susanne!

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 1:51 pm

The Tree House Kids ram is gorgeous and obviously the new Yowies are!

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 4:24 pm

Really some rare figures, congratulations!
Aren't your K&M Dogs from the 2005 Dogs tube?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 4:57 pm

I believe it is! Interesting, no one knows any more info about it.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 5:37 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I believe it is! Interesting, no one knows any more info about it.

... and there is also an older dogs tube. Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 2:07 am

Oh no, now I will have to try to track it down. study Rolling Eyes Laughing

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 6:38 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Oh no, now I will have to try to track it down. study Rolling Eyes Laughing

Laughing Laughing Poor Paige, there is no end in this collecting hobby.
Here is a catalogue page showing it, I am too blind to see the number but I think it is 69169?

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 6:41 am

The number is 631169 :)

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next