Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Megaptera's Collection

Go down 
+30
RtasVadumee
Advicot
spacelab
Steve170
MartinH
Saarlooswolfhound
Caspian
Caracal
1claire
Megaptera
Tarunyada
Pardofelis
Roger
widukind
Jolly Reaper
Rakel
sauroid
EmmaMary
Wilorvise
75senta75
barracudacat
Kikimalou
Anne from Norway
lucky luke
landrover
CWGross
bmathison1972
SUSANNE
Bloodrayne
Taos
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 3:52 am

Thank you, Caracal :)
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 11:47 am

And here are my next newcomers from a good old friend: the CollectA Reticulated Giraffe, and from the Safari Toob, the Red-handed Tamarin, Japanese Macaque, Common Marmoset, Bonobo, Emperor Tamarin, Mantled Howler Monkey and the Coquerel's sifaka

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 3:30 pm

You're having a good couple of weeks! I really like the southlands pair and also the monkey toob interests me particularly at the moment.

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 3:37 pm

Steve170 wrote:
You're having a good couple of weeks! I really like the southlands pair and also the monkey toob interests me particularly at the moment.

Thank you, Steve. They are all very beautiful. It's a pity that the eagle stands on the snake. But this one is bended and because of that, the eagle cannot stand by its own. But it's a masterpiece nonetheless. And I'm also happy with this beautiful Eastern Grey Kangaroo. The monkey Toob finally gives me some beautiful monkey species Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 5:13 pm

Congrats for the new acquisitions. That giraffe was one of the earliest additions to my collection. It's possible to get some but not all figures from the Safari LTD monkey toob? I see you had all except proboscis monkey and gibbon... I'm interested in the marmosets and tamarins if they're as small as they seem...

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 2:37 am

Pardofelis wrote:
Congrats for the new acquisitions. That giraffe was one of the earliest additions to my collection. It's possible to get some but not all figures from the Safari LTD monkey toob? I see you had all except proboscis monkey and gibbon... I'm interested in the marmosets and tamarins if they're as small as they seem...

I've got the whole Toob. But I already have a Gibbon and a Proboscis Monkey. The Tamarins and the Marmoset are indeed very small. I will take a photo of them together with some other models later.
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 3:11 am

Thanks! I want them really tiny, for match better with other models Very Happy What you did with the gibbon and the proboscis monkey from the toob?

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 3:43 am

Pardofelis wrote:
Thanks! I want them really tiny, for match better with other models Very Happy What you did with the gibbon and the proboscis monkey from the toob?

They really are tiny, as you can see here:

I still have the Gibbons and the Proboscis monkey. If you are interested in them, you can write me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 7:37 am

Thanks a lot! Yes' they're just the size I need for them :)
Thanks, it was only curiosity. I don't want the gibbon and proboscis monkey, but I want the tamarins and marmosets Razz Razz

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 7:41 am

Megaptera wrote:

you and I really do have similar tastes - LOL. This looks like my primate collection except I don't have the standing gorilla nor the chimp with baby
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 12:02 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Megaptera wrote:

you and I really do have similar tastes - LOL. This looks like my primate collection except I don't have the standing gorilla nor the chimp with baby

The Western Lowland Gorilla from Papo looks better than the one from CollectA in my opinion. And it was available in a local shop.
For the chimpanzee, I'm waiting for the one from Mojö. Otherwise, I would also add the one from Safari to my collection.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 12:22 pm

Beautieful additions again :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 1:24 pm

Thank you, Andreas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 2:05 pm

I don't think I knew the Papo was supposed to be a lowland. I don't think gorilla figures are ever good enough to ID at the species or subspecies level unless the company specifically marketed as such. So, my eastern lowland is Schleich and western lowland is CollectA. I am debating on whether or not to get the CollectA 2020 mountain gorilla.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 2:31 pm

Yes, Papo said it would be a Mountain Gorilla. But the front head with brown fur and also the proportions are more typical for the Western Lowland one. I will also check the Mountain Gorilla from CollectA.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 2:37 pm

Another example is my new CollectA Giraffe. It is marked as a Reticulated Giraffe by CollectA and so it looks like in the catalogue. But my one is a bit different. My one has a darker mane. The patches are more brown and the overall look of the Giraffe is darker. Moreover, the lower legs are lighter in colouration and without patches. So, my one looks more like a Northern Giraffe like the Kordofan subspecies:
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 11:21 pm

Nice and interesting again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 3:12 pm

My newcomers arrived: the Safari European Pilchard swarm, the Sanddollar and the Sailfish:

Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 3:26 pm

Very nice!

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 4:19 pm

if that 'sardine' really is the European plichard, I might have to get it (I think mine are all Asian species)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 2:24 am

Good choice

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 1:37 pm

Thank you, everyone.

Yes, it is the real European Pilchard or Sardine. It is the only species of this genus. Moreover it is one of the most common fish in the world. Safari also managed to make a realistic look, because they added the lateral spots and the overall colouration is very good:

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 2:48 pm

Today, my newcomer arrived: the Safari Phoenix Chicken:

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 2:29 am

Congratulations

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 12:40 pm

Thank you, Andreas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Megaptera's Collection
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next