Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Megaptera's Collection

Go down 
+30
RtasVadumee
Advicot
spacelab
Steve170
MartinH
Saarlooswolfhound
Caspian
Caracal
1claire
Megaptera
Tarunyada
Pardofelis
Roger
widukind
Jolly Reaper
Rakel
sauroid
EmmaMary
Wilorvise
75senta75
barracudacat
Kikimalou
Anne from Norway
lucky luke
landrover
CWGross
bmathison1972
SUSANNE
Bloodrayne
Taos
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Megaptera's Collection - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 40 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 9:21 pm

Great additions again cheers

Yes, Sfarai has the most fabulous range of shark models , and this one is wonderful Very Happy

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 40 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 9:36 pm

Before 2019 I only had 6 sharks and 21 Safari and now I have 20 or so sharks and 120 Safari

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 40 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 2:30 am

Two wonderful choices ! Applause
Congratulations !
And I think the Safari Whitetip Reefshark is a retired model :)

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 40 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 4:31 pm

Thank you, everyone Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I hope that Safari will go on in releasing new shark species.

@Adam: the amount of Safari models is also increasing in my collection, whereas the amount of Schleich models is dramatically decreasing.

@Kosta: I didn't know that this one was retired. So, I'm really glad that I've add this one to my collection.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 40 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 5:05 pm

Safari really excels with sharks. There are a couple where mine are CollectA because they represent adults while Safari's versions represent immatures (zebra shark, shark ray), or other companies where Safari hasn't made the species. But generally, Safari is my go-to for sharks.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 40 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 5:11 pm

Yes, first I was wondering why Safari had made a blue shark ray. But then, I realized that this is a juvenile. Another example is the brownbanded Bamboo shark from Safari. This also is a juvenile.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 40 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 5:32 pm

Megaptera wrote:
Yes, first I was wondering why Safari had made a blue shark ray. But then, I realized that this is a juvenile. Another example is the brownbanded Bamboo shark from Safari. This also is a juvenile.

yeah but it's pretty and the only one :-D
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 40 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 8:17 pm

Ooh their blue shark is juvenile I'll be getting it now! :)

I'm totally the same Megaptera, even though my Schleich wishlist is a little larger than my Safari

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 40 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 8:51 pm

Advicot wrote:
Ooh their blue shark is juvenile I'll be getting it now! :)

I'm totally the same Megaptera, even though my Schleich wishlist is a little larger than my Safari

No, not a blue shark, a blue shark ray.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 40 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2020 9:11 pm

Yes, it's the shark ray, which is a juvenile and this model was my first one from Safari. I found it in a store of the Erfurt zoo in 2015.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 11:40 am

After I've checked the head shape of this shark, I've found out that this model is a Great Hammerhead Shark. So, I add the new Schleich one to my collection:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 12:17 pm

Megaptera wrote:

I have never look, are all the Major brand guitarfishes the same specie?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 12:37 pm

widukind wrote:
Megaptera wrote:

yes
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 1:10 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:
Megaptera wrote:

yes

Thanks

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 4:14 pm

widukind wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:
Megaptera wrote:

yes

Thanks

it's a monotypic genus. The Japanese companies may have made other species
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 40 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 3:47 pm

Because I'm a real cattle fan, I've decided to get the CollectA Spanish fighting cattle:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-------

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

Megaptera's Collection
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40