Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Megaptera's Collection

Go down 
+30
RtasVadumee
Advicot
spacelab
Steve170
MartinH
Saarlooswolfhound
Caspian
Caracal
1claire
Megaptera
Tarunyada
Pardofelis
Roger
widukind
Jolly Reaper
Rakel
sauroid
EmmaMary
Wilorvise
75senta75
barracudacat
Kikimalou
Anne from Norway
lucky luke
landrover
CWGross
bmathison1972
SUSANNE
Bloodrayne
Taos
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 8:39 pm

And again, a newcomers: the Giant Tortoise from Mojo, which I think is the best Volcan Alcedo Tortoise:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 8:19 am

Lovely tortoise cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 9:18 am

Very interesting

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 9:53 am

It's tortoise fever! Laughing Now I'll be putting this one on my wishlist.

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 11:42 am

Now you're starting a tortoise revolution. I can see clearly that Mojö's tortoise is a fantastic model but I admire you for being able of identifying it as a Volcan Alcedo Tortoise. cheers

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 12:30 pm

After all your tortoise identifications, I think we need a thread with an overlook study I´ve the feeling that I´m lost with my tortoises^^
Nice additions by the way!
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 3:55 pm

Thank you, everyone. It was really hard work. I checked every detail and so, I can clearly say that the Tortoise from Mojo is the Volcan Alcedo one and the Papo Tortoise is the Aldabra one.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 11:47 am

I couldn't resist, so add the Papo Spinosaurus to my collection. When I was 4 years old, I already was a big fan of this Theropode. I think it's the dinosaur that has undergone the most changes of all extinct species. And with the newest finds, even the tail of the Papo version is absolutely accurate.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 1:05 pm

Fantastic, Michael! I absolutely love this figure. I am being able of finding good excuses to get it but that is a unmissable figure. It is just fantastic, exciting, super-detailed, a collectible that will soon turn into a rare piece and it has also a lot to tell about all the researches around the Spinosaurus.
In a personal opinion, I enjoy much more this interpretation of the animal than the previous one, a sailed animal with a croc like head with the previous posture didn't worked at all to me. Now it looks a plausible beast and one of the coolest creatures this planet ever witnessed.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 1:52 pm

You collect dinosaurs too? Interesting

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 4:38 pm

Thank you, everyone.
From 2000 to 2002, I've collected some Schleich Dinosaurs. In 2011, I've got the brown bipedal Spinosaurus from my wife. And now, I've got the newest version of this species.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2020 10:07 pm

My newcomers: the Safari Green Moray Eel, Safari Silky Shark, Bullyland European Hamster, Mojö Wolverine and a Hermit Crab from AAA, where I have to check the species:

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2020 10:14 pm

All really great models, let us know if you find a good match for your crab. Very Happy

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2020 10:23 pm

you are probably never going to get a reliable ID on this crab and the colors are artificial as well. Hermit crab morphology is based on the crab, not the shell it's in, and this figure is too simplified.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2020 10:29 pm

Thank you, everyone.

Maybe, I will find a match for this Crab model. I think the colouration is a bit too bright. But sometimes, I will find a proper species.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 2:35 pm

Lovely additions!!

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 7:01 pm

Thank you, Taos Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 10:42 pm

Rare catches again

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2020 10:24 pm

Thank you, Andreas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2020 11:01 pm

I think the Hermit Crab could be a quite simple model of the blueband Hermit Crab.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 1:38 am

Megaptera wrote:
I think the Hermit Crab could be a quite simple model of the blueband Hermit Crab.

It could be a dozen or more different things
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 6:11 pm

Great additions of some amazing figures

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 12:08 pm

Thank you, Adam Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: yes, it's really too generic. I will let it in my collection as a Blueband Hermit Crab until I get a better model. Or do know a better species for this model?
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 12:24 pm

If you find a better figure of the species I'll be happy to take it under my wing :)

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 2:32 pm

Megaptera wrote:
Thank you, Adam Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: yes, it's really too generic. I will let it in my collection as a Blueband Hermit Crab until I get a better model. Or do know a better species for this model?

Yes. Yujin made one, and that figure was re-released by Takary Tomy when they took over the set.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Megaptera's Collection
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next