Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yowie USA Series 4

Go down 
+15
WhiteLightning Wolf
sbell
bmathison1972
NightLioness
Duck-Anch-Amun
Taos
Ravonium
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
Night Elf
halichoeres
landrover
SUSANNE
widukind
Tarunyada
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyThu 06 Sep 2018, 09:38

Yes, despite the triple monkey, I also think you were lucky getting the dolphin so early. Likely, forum members will start a trade thread about Yowies series 4 as it was done with previous series and maybe you can trade one of the monkeys for a humpback whale or any other of your interest. Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Very Happy

Blublub

Country/State : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018, 21:40

Like PhocidPhreak, I'm getting very, very disappointing distribution with Series 4. I just opened two new boxes and here's what I got:

6 White-Lipped Peccary
3 Humpback Whale
3 Kipunji Monkey
3 Blue Shark
1 Guanaco
2 Fossa
3 Irrawaddy Dolphin
2 Andean Bear
1 Nap Yowie

Sure hope they haven't gone to some sort of varying scarcity scheme - if so that's the end of blind buying for me.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018, 22:07

You know these blind bags are an excuse to make unfair commercial practices. Notice that in 24 eggs, you got 8 animals and a thing only. It is better to give some time or you'll get the same round. I hope you can give a good use of the trade topic on forum.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018, 23:04

Blublub wrote:
Like PhocidPhreak, I'm getting very, very disappointing distribution with Series 4. I just opened two new boxes and here's what I got:

6 White-Lipped Peccary
3 Humpback Whale
3 Kipunji Monkey
3 Blue Shark
1 Guanaco
2 Fossa
3 Irrawaddy Dolphin
2 Andean Bear
1 Nap Yowie

Sure hope they haven't gone to some sort of varying scarcity scheme - if so that's the end of blind buying for me.

not to be cynical, but I'm pretty sure they have. This last series, #3 I bought something like 100+ yowies this year trying to fill out my own collection but also help other members here. and I have an army of lions and chimpanzees and Ithink I've only found some 5 hornbills. I feel its unfair since its a blind bag style purchase to begin with, so your chance of finding 1 out of some 24 models is rare enough to begin with. In my opinion, if you are only interested in a few models from the series I'd just wait until they start to pop up here or on ebay and buy the ones you want. It is very frustrating.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018, 23:10

The dolphin is a little disappointing for me. They are not solidly colored, they have faint shades of gray across their body, so it looks a little amorphous to me. The monkey looks better and the solid color works better since in real life they are just sort of sooty looking, but again a slight change in shade of gray for the face would've improved it for me.

Again, just me, but since these models have to sacrifice other detailing accuracy given that they are small capsule figures I just think that they could at least offer decent painting when possible. To me, the birds are the best group done by yowies, with the cats being possibly the least well made (proportions are usually the problem in all of these yowies).

Night Elf

Night Elf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Sep 2018, 10:22

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Blublub wrote:

6 White-Lipped Peccary
3 Humpback Whale
3 Kipunji Monkey
3 Blue Shark
1 Guanaco
2 Fossa
3 Irrawaddy Dolphin
2 Andean Bear
1 Nap Yowie

not to be cynical, but I'm pretty sure they have. This last series, #3 I bought something like 100+ yowies this year trying to fill out my own collection but also help other members here. and I have an army of lions and chimpanzees and Ithink I've only found some 5 hornbills. I feel its unfair since its a blind bag style purchase to begin with, so your chance of finding 1 out of some 24 models is rare enough to begin with. In my opinion, if you are only interested in a few models from the series I'd just wait until they start to pop up here or on ebay and buy the ones you want. It is very frustrating.

I ended up with at least 6 chimps last round and lots of other duplicates, although I was also buying for someone overseas. I think they do it on purpose, whether it is completely intentional or deliberate indifference. Rolling Eyes Razz Neutral

halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Sep 2018, 19:15

I like Yowies, but blind bag figures are a scam. Do we know that the figures vary in rarity? Do the "diamond", "gold", or "sun" designations actually mean anything about rarity? I ask because even if they were all exactly the same rarity, it would take 100 tries to complete the set. This might sound surprising, but it's a well-known statistics problem (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coupon_collector%27s_problem). For 26 figures, the mean number of tries to complete the set is

n*Σ(1 + 1/2 + 1/3....+1/n)

which, when n=26 is 100.2

Remember, that's just the average! Half the time it will take more than 100.2 tries. Moreover, that's only if they're all the same rarity! If some are really rarer than others (and it might seem so without being true, just due to chance), it's even harder. Much better to trade with each other if we can't abstain from collecting them in the first place (which, if we could, we wouldn't be here, would we?).
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
Blublub

Blublub

Country/State : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Sep 2018, 21:56

Well, I was at a completely different store in a different part of town and couldn't resist picking some up at checkout. Unfortunately the distribution was just as wonky there - I bought six and got the following: 2 Irrawaddy Dolphins, 1 White-Lipped Peccary, 1 Humpback Whale, 1 Kipunji Monkey and 1 Blue Shark. These are all animals I already had in multiples.

Granted six is an awfully small sample, but it reinforces my earlier experience and reports from others. I'd love to be proven otherwise, but it does seem like there's something weird going on that we didn't see in earlier series. I'd be very leery of bulk purchases until more reports come in.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Sep 2018, 23:44

Its difficult to say really to because of distribution. If the manufacturer doesn't actually control how many of whatever species is placed in a single product box then the distribution isn't consistent even if all the models are produced in the same quantities. So if they are really manufactured in various quantities than its taking a system that's already unfair and making it even worse.

As far as the first two series go, I was able to complete 3-4+ entire series within just a few months of release. Now, I had members I was trying to help out who only wanted specific models or the whole series and I think I could only complete 2 series so far and haven't been able to get all the desired models for several people who only wanted a few. Hence why I have lots of leftovers of the models no one wants (lions etc. are common enough in toy form, and most people would rather have a nicer "normal" sized lion rather than a less detailed true miniature form).

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2019, 19:16

Today i have seen on Facebook in the Yowie group a picture of a yellow eyed penguin. Is there soon a new serie?

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Night Elf

Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 Mar 2019, 10:57

I found this on Facebook. It includes descriptions of the next series, including your penguin, Andreas. And it appears that Yowie has indeed moved to a rarity system:

https://yowieworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Collectible-Rarity-Chart.pdf

I am happy to see that the Yowie monsters will be the rarest, although I wish the animals would all be made in the same quantities. Neutral

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 Mar 2019, 12:42

Night Elf wrote:
I found this on Facebook. It includes descriptions of the next series, including your penguin, Andreas. And it appears that Yowie has indeed moved to a rarity system:

https://yowieworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Collectible-Rarity-Chart.pdf

I am happy to see that the Yowie monsters will be the rarest, although I wish the animals would all be made in the same quantities. Neutral

Oh, and their first arthropod since the original Australian and UK Series: a Tasmanian Giant Crayfish...and it will be Common LOL
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 Mar 2019, 14:51

bmathison1972 wrote:
Night Elf wrote:

https://yowieworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Collectible-RarityChart.pdf

Oh, and their first arthropod since the original Australian and UK Series: a Tasmanian Giant Crayfish...and it will be Common LOL

I'm just happy to see so many fish models that I must have! Which means I'll need help everyone, because these things have never made it to Canada... Evil or Very Mad

I may as well list here now, so at least I remember!

Axolotl
Beluga sturgeon
Bugeye tuna
Giant wolffish
Spotted handfish
Trout cod

I'm on the fence about the seahorse...and bored by the sharks... there's so many other species!

Also, don't get fooled by the sand fish, it's a sea cucumber!

3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 Hyena-circle

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 Mar 2019, 15:26

sbell wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
Night Elf wrote:

I'm just happy to see so many fish models that I must have! Which means I'll need help everyone, because these things have never made it to Canada... Evil or Very Mad

Axolotl
Beluga sturgeon
Bugeye tuna
Giant wolffish
Spotted handfish
Trout cod

I'm on the fence about the seahorse...and bored by the sharks... there's so many other species!

I have never attempted to get Yowies (have just been buying them on eBay) but I'll see if I can get them locally Sean. I also want the ones on your list (and immediately thought of you when I saw so many fish LOL). I'll let you know what I find.
Is there an ETA for the release? What stores in the US carry them? Will they indicate the series on the label so we know which is which (series, not individual figure)?
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 Mar 2019, 15:30

bmathison1972 wrote:
sbell wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
Night Elf wrote:

Axolotl
Beluga sturgeon
Bugeye tuna
Giant wolffish
Spotted handfish
Trout cod

I have never attempted to get Yowies (have just been buying them on eBay) but I'll see if I can get them locally Sean. I also want the ones on your list (and immediately thought of you when I saw so many fish LOL). I'll let you know what I find.
Is there an ETA for the release? What stores in the US carry them? Will they indicate the series on the label so we know which is which (series, not individual figure)?

We should also try to find out if there's any stamping or labelling that gives clues to what's inside. It worked with the recent Jurassic World blind bag figures!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 Mar 2019, 17:59

sbell wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
Night Elf wrote:

Axolotl
Beluga sturgeon
Bugeye tuna
Giant wolffish
Spotted handfish
Trout cod

the others are:

Cape seahorse
Giant australian cuttlefish
Giant river otter
Golden coin turtle
Golden sandfish
Great hammerhead shark
Ocean sunfish
Saimaa Ringed seal
Short nosed sea snake
Tasmanian giant freshwater crayfish
Yellow eyed penguin
Zebra shark

will be release in May

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 Mar 2019, 18:01

Any must haves again

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptySat 02 Mar 2019, 03:46

Wow, I'll want all but 3 or 4 of those, and would'nt mind having those 4.
Funny that rarity list, I've found several of the 'rares' but not many of the 'commons'.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptySat 02 Mar 2019, 15:33

sbell wrote:

There is also a skink lizard commonly called a sand fish; are we sure it's not that? ;-)
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptySat 02 Mar 2019, 16:04

bmathison1972 wrote:
sbell wrote:

There is also a skink lizard commonly called a sand fish; are we sure it's not that? ;-)

I looked up golden sandfish and the only thing I found was a sea cucumber.

Plus, it is the aquatic set.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptySat 02 Mar 2019, 17:21

sbell wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
sbell wrote:

I looked up golden sandfish and the only thing I found was a sea cucumber.

Plus, it is the aquatic set.

yes yes yes, an aquatic set. Duh LOL. Actually I am an invert guy so that works for me :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptySat 02 Mar 2019, 23:54

The new series sounds very exciting! Though they have removed the page to that link.

Has anyone completed the animal series yet? I am missing 3 (elephant seal, mandrill, tortoise), the rarer ones. I personally don't think its fair to use a rarity system like that. Its hard enough to collect them all in such a large series without the bias to species/models. If they weren't such unique species I probably would stop buying them altogether, let alone be able to afford them.

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Mar 2019, 18:44

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
The new series sounds very exciting! Though they have removed the page to that link.

Has anyone completed the animal series yet? I am missing 3 (elephant seal, mandrill, tortoise), the rarer ones. I personally don't think its fair to use a rarity system like that. Its hard enough to collect them all in such a large series without the bias to species/models. If they weren't such unique species I probably would stop buying them altogether, let alone be able to afford them.

I have the most of my wishes, so also the tortoise :)

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Mar 2019, 02:00

You got the tortoise? Congratulations! One of my partner's wanted items, but I haven't seen one yet except for that eBay auction from Monsterhouse.

I don't know if the series 5 is starting to trickle out, when I was on eBay looking for a manatee for my partner, I saw a US based auction for the sea cucumber and the wolffish, with their eggs like they had been purchased in a store.
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Mar 2019, 17:25

I see series 5 already appears to be on the market. One seller on eBay has a couple and there are some from series 5 in the sold listings as well.

PostSubject: Re: Yowie USA Series 4   3 - Yowie USA Series 4 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yowie USA Series 4
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next