Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!

Go down 
+39
JamesPanda
Froggie
Roger
PeGe
Catman
ken yeo
Dutch Bear
lucky luke
ze_neto
Duck-Anch-Amun
Dum_my
bmathison1972
costicuba
sphyrna18
terrorchicken
Balaenoptera
QuollMate
Ravonium
WhiteLightning Wolf
spielgerg
Bloodrayne
LukaLeon085
aschuck
CWGross
Caspian
Tupolew Tu-154
Rhombo Eric
Fossa
john2xtheman
landrover
Takama
halichoeres
Megaptera
barracudacat
SUSANNE
widukind
Tarunyada
Saarlooswolfhound
NightLioness
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2018 5:24 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks Kosta for showing the video of the new WW grizzly. It is a classic rendition of the animal but I think it is looking great.

Thank you Roger :)

I have the WW Polar bear , which I really love .. and I think, together with this grizzly, they will look great next to each other Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 12:16 am

costicuba wrote:
Roger wrote:
Thanks Kosta for showing the video of the new WW grizzly. It is a classic rendition of the animal but I think it is looking great.

Thank you Roger :)

I have the WW Polar bear , which I really love .. and I think, together with this grizzly, they will look great next to each other Very Happy

Yes, especially if they respect the 1:10 scale of the polar bear and also of the American black bear. I believe so.

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 4:33 pm

Quote :
Hoping they release a nice toob or a few this year. The toobs have been disappointing IMO. It’s been nice though (in a way), because the lack of toobs has saved me money and allowed me to focus on acquiring other things.

Speaking of this, I've noticed a sharp decrease in quality among the toobs lately. While some of the changes, such as reducing their plastic waste, made for really great choices, the actual figures seem to be effected as well. Most of the horses in the horse toob were changed to bright orange colored plastic with barely any paint on them. Also, many of the cats in the new domestic cats toob are bright white, including the breeds such as the Siamese and Egyptian Mau. These models used to feature a great variety of colors that strongly resembled the real animals. I'm really hoping that any new toobs this year will see a return to their former quality.

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 8:27 pm

2019 Good Luck Minis: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 9:45 pm

Wonderful minis and one more fox for my collection! Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 9:31 am

Thanks

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: More More Stuff revealed   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi guys,

Well, today a few more things were revealed from safari. They are a pangolin, a chinchilla, a caiman and a merhorse. The official launch date for all the new products is sept. 27. Just a few more days, so keep your eyes peeled

As always, I will keep you all informed. In the meantime, the excitement rises once more.

Well, enjoy!

Aschuck

P.S. I recently found a walking snow leopard cub made by AAA. I'll show you a picture of it sometime. Also, a resident in my apartment building might have some AAA figures to trade, so we'll see what comes of that.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 10:02 pm

Thanks for info.
I was sure there already is a topic about this, but *beep* if I can find it !!! scratch geek Laughing

QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 10:20 pm

Is Safari going to reveal their new toobs? September is nearly over and I have yet to see anything. Sad

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 9:40 am

- 2 days for 2019 products launch !
bounce bounce bounce

Last edited by LukaLeon085 on Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 4:54 pm

oew the fish horse and the chinchilla for me! Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 5:53 pm

bounce bounce bounce

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: What's Up Safari?   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 3:42 am

Hi guys,

Hey, what is going on? I didn't know... oh never mind, I'm not interested in the good luck minis. They're a little too small. Also, for toobs, there's likely going to be four. My sales rep says that the line up this year will be smaller but better. Also, has anybody heard about the steampunk dragon, or lava dragon? If you haven't then keep an eye o safari's website. I myself am planning to get the earth dragon, sasquatch, merhorse, chinchilla, pangolin, Citipati, styracosaurus, woolly rhino, and whatever else they come out with that I'm interested in. Also, the gender of the earth dragon is female, just so you know. Well, that's all for now. Aschuck
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 4:10 pm

- 1 bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:38 am

The "shop" section of Safari's FB page is showing a large number of new figures.

birds
rockhopper penguin
king vulture

mammals
clouded leopard
Persian cat
honey badger
mandrill
serval
snub-nosed monkey
Tasmanian devil
chimpanzee
grizzly bear (which we've seen already of course)
giraffe
giraffe baby

Toobs
Pacific
pelagic fishes
primates

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 6:21 am

ooh some great new models there then. Can't wait to see them! Vulture, clouded leopard, mandrill, serval, SNUB NOSED MONKEY (one of my favorites), Tasmanian devil, and pelagic fishes toob are my most excited so far.

I just wish that they'd add some small or lesser represented wild canine species. They're adding some new small felines, so perhaps there is hope for next year. I'd love to see bat eared foxes, other jackal species, dholes, raccoon dogs, or wolf subspecies.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 8:22 am

Sounds interesting. It is nice to see that Safari Ltd will dont disappointed me in 2019.

Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 8:43 am

They are fantastic, detailed and well painted. Primates are unique and they are the first ones I buy with excellent painting. But ..I do not see horses, dogs and farm pets.
I think there will be other surprises bounce

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 2:30 pm

The full assortment has been posted: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lots of marine toob figures this year!

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 2:47 pm

halichoeres wrote:
The full assortment has been posted: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lots of marine toob figures this year!

Looks like another good year for Safari! Nothing for me, but happy to see the TOOBs coming back. The primates and pelagic TOOBs are especially nice. For wildlife, the vulture, honey badger, caiman, and snub-nosed monkey are the highlights.

It looks like the bulldog, giraffe and calf, rockhopper penguin, and sperm whale are rehashes of older models.

I would say the crab in the Pacific TOOB interests be, but it's the same sculpts from their older Galapagos TOOB, so unless it has a much better paint, job, I won't worry about it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You get a salmon and a new ray! Last year was my year, this is yours LOL
Back to top Go down
CWGross

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:26 pm

They look great, but I admit that the "Freedom Dragon" made me laugh. It's AGGRESSIVELY AMERICAN!

The salmon is a bit too big for my collection, but that sasquatch is perfect! :)
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:54 pm

Great figures!  I would love to write an honest critique about them.

My favorite so far is the Camarasaurus.  As far as I can tell, he looks very scientifically accurate and I love his husky-like mask (which seems to be an original choice).  That being said, the prototype on the website looks really scuffed up.  I'm not sure why a better one couldn't have been used.  I also really love the variety of sharks this year.  The salmon is excellent, though a little too big for my collection.

To be honest, I'm a little bit disappointed with the selection of domestic pets.  Don't get me wrong, the Persian and Bulldog seem perfectly fine for what they are.  I was just hoping for one that was more impressive like the Poodle was last year.  As I mentioned in a recent Schleich comment, there should ideally be a good mix of both big and small.

The Spinosaurus is really great, although I think he's a little too similar to the CollectA version.  I like the more bird-like corners of the mouth on the Allosaurus and would love to see more of this feature in other dinosaurs.  The Stegosaurus looks much too big and stylized for me.  The shape of his neck, back, and plates don't seem quite right, but I could be wrong about this.  Maybe they just lack detail.

I really like the dragons as well, although I don't collect them.   However, I prefer Schleich's Lava Dragon over this one.  Overall though, these are some pretty solid attempts.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 6:01 pm

Especially the toobs and the marbled ray :)

King Vulture and the bamboo shark , and golden snub nosed monkey are also nice

Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 11:03 pm

Yeah, the Freedom Dragon is hilarious. I bet it will sell well in the more jingoistic corners of the country.

Ravonium

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2018 8:03 am

halichoeres wrote:
Yeah, the Freedom Dragon is hilarious. I bet it will sell well in the more jingoistic corners of the country.

It's even funnier when you realise it's being mass-manufactured in one of the USA's main enemies Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!   First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

First Safari 2019 figures revealed!!!
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next