Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Old World Swallowtail (Enesco)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Old World Swallowtail (Enesco) Empty
PostSubject: Old World Swallowtail (Enesco)   Old World Swallowtail (Enesco) EmptySat Dec 29, 2018 6:04 pm

Walkaround of the Old World swallowtail, Papilio machaon Linnaeus, 1758 by Enesco. The figurine is rather generically painted, but I think P. machaon is the most-likely candidate given the paint job and the wide Palearctic distribution of this species.

The figurine is made entirely of porcelain. When I bought it on eBay I had the assumption the butterfly was porcelain and the base was actual wood, but it's all porcelain. That's fine with me, I have a growing collection of porcelain butterflies :).

The wingspan is 6.0 cm and it stands about 6.0 cm at its highest point. It is not detailed on the underside.

On to the pics:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Old World Swallowtail (Enesco)   Old World Swallowtail (Enesco) EmptySun Dec 30, 2018 12:45 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Old World Swallowtail (Enesco)   Old World Swallowtail (Enesco) EmptySun Dec 30, 2018 11:30 pm

Wonderful figure to be displayed. Actually, the angle from the under side is very beautyful and it could look much better if detailed. Thanks for showing. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Old World Swallowtail (Enesco)   Old World Swallowtail (Enesco) Empty

Back to top Go down

Old World Swallowtail (Enesco)
Page 1 of 1