Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection

Go down 
+25
costicuba
Steve170
spacelab
WhiteLightning Wolf
Advicot
rogerpgvg
landrover
Caracal
Kikimalou
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
A.R.Garcia
Tiermann
1claire
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
Roger
Duck-Anch-Amun
Taos
halichoeres
Megaptera
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 6:41 pm

February acquisitions.

Let's start with figures I missed earlier.

Since I changed my shelves from taxonomy to location and habitat, I thought to get some standard-sized dolphins for the oceanic shelves:
1. short-beaked common dolphin, Delphinus delphis (advertised as Mojo Fun, but marked Maia & Borges)
2. Atlantic white-sided dolphin, Lagenorhynchus acutus (Safari Ltd.)
3. Pacific white-sided dolphin, Lagenorhynchus obliquidens (CollectA)
4. common bottlenose dolphin, Tursiops truncatus (Papo)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Next, terrestrial critters missed the first time around:
1. honey badger, female with pup, Mellivora capensis
Since I have the male, I figure it is fitting to get his mate and offspring
2. lion cub, Panthera leo (CollectA)
Since I am displaying based on continent now, my lion and lioness pair need a cub. The adults are both by Papo, but for the cub I went with this CollectA figure.
3. red-tailed black cockatoo, Calyptorrhynchus banksii (Science & Nature)
4. North American red fox, Vulpes vulpes (Safari Ltd.)
Again, since I am currently displaying the figures by continent, my previous red fox (by Papo) is better suited for Europe, so I needed an American one :)
5. roan antelope, pair, Hippotragus equinus (Noah's Pals)
6. American alligator, Alligator mississippiensis (Papo)
This 2019 figure replaces the 1997 sculpt by Safari. Amazing it took 22 years to get a better standard-sized alligator!
7. Eurasian otter, Lutra lutra (Papo)
My other L. lutra is the Japanese subspecies (L. l. whiteleyi), so I needed a nominate for for my European shelves!

And these two retired treasures from Schleich:
1. domestic yak, Bos grunniens
I was happy there were several available on U.S. eBay! Schleich marketed this in their 'Wild Animals' line, but the color is more like a domestic yak than a wild yak (B. mutus). I decided to pick morphology over marketing :-).
2. nine-banded armadillo, Dasypus novemcinctus
Another lucky eBay find. It's been played with a bit, but still in pretty good shape.

Mojo 2020. Of the non-arthropods, the Masai giraffe (Giraffa tippelskirchii) was the only one I wanted. It is photographed here (in front) next to the Papo reticulated giraffe.

Next, three cats from the Complete Feline Series by Beauty of the Beasts. These resin figures are available on Etsy. They sell nearly every cat species (37 available!) in the 1:10 scale (although they appear to me to scale well with standard-sized figures). They also sell other animals too, many unique or rare in figure form! I bought three small cats for proof-of-concept. I picked these three because they were less expensive and represent species not made by, or unlikely to be made by, modern companies any time soon. I am sure I will order from them again sometime...

1. pampas cat, Leopardus colocola
2. flat-headed cat, Prionailurus planiceps
3. sand cat, Felis margarita

Last, miscellaneous Japanese figures.
1. blue discus, Symphysodon aequifasciatus (Furuta)
2. guppy, Poecilia reticulata (Bandai)
3. serpentine goby, Pterogobius elapoides (Kaiyodo)
4. potato cod, Epinephelus tukula (Kaiyodo)
This figure replaces the Cadbury Yowie figure in my collection.
5. Lehmann's poison frog, Oophaga lehmanni (Kitan Club)
6. Ryukyu tip-nosed frog, Odorrana narina (Kaiyodo)
7. radiated tortoise, Astrochelys radiata (Colorata)
8. spectacled owl, Pulsatrix perspicillata (Kaiyodo)
9. long-eared jerboa, Euchoreutes naso (Furuta)
10. coypu, Myocaster coypus (Kaiyodo)

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 8:05 pm

Beautiful new figures, especially the felids. Congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 9:39 pm

The Kaiyodo copyu, which Serie is it? Great additions

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 2:28 am

Very, very impressive cheers

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 4:56 am

widukind wrote:

Hi Andreas, it is Chocoegg Animatales Series 3
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 8:13 am

So much good stuff! Fish figures from Japanese companies sometimes tempt me to start collecting extant animals, as do ungulates. Those roans are quite nice.

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 9:33 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 10:09 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:

Is that a special figure? I can not find that Sad

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 10:34 am

widukind wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:

No, it is No. 66 here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 11:01 am

Congrats for you newcomers!
The felines look so adorable and present rare species. However that are prices, that I can´t afford.

And you got the roan antelopes, which are now already for a long time on my searchlist ^^

And as I am a fan of your synoptic collection, I´m surprised about your reorganisation. But so, you will have to buy even more animals considering the several subspecies ^^
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 11:02 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:

No, it is No. 66 here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

All i can find on ebay, but not this figure. Maybe i will ask Brett

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 11:48 am

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Congrats for you newcomers!
The felines look so adorable and present rare species. However that are prices, that I can´t afford.

And you got the roan antelopes, which are now already for a long time on my searchlist ^^

And as I am a fan of your synoptic collection, I´m surprised about your reorganisation. But so, you will have to buy even more animals considering the several subspecies ^^

Thank you. I decided to organize by continent/habitat because it is fun to see unrelated organisms next to each other. I'll probably switch back at some point, or mix it up randomly.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 12:04 pm

Wonderful. The cat models look amazing. Your Pacific white-sided Dolphin is also very well made. Do you know, that the Common short-beaked Dolphin from Maia and Borges looks even better than the one from Mojo.

Last edited by Megaptera on Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 12:21 pm

Megaptera wrote:
Do you know, that the Common short-beaked Dolphin from Maia and Borges looks even better than the one from Mojo.

yeah, but it was not readily available. I have seen live images of this species that are more subtle, as in the Mojo figure. But the original M&B one would be ideal. Maybe I'll replace it someday.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 1:00 pm

Great additions to your collection. I especially like the cats. And thanks for the giraffes comparison photo.

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 4:43 pm

A lot of brilliant and interesting new animals. Too many for me to comment on each one! The spectacled owl has to be my favourite. It was a species I never knew existed until I saw one at a bird of prey centre, and it is such a bizarre looking owl that I waited for it to move before I believed it was real Laughing. I never knew it was available in toy form.

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 5:30 pm

Steve170 wrote:
A lot of brilliant and interesting new animals. Too many for me to comment on each one! The spectacled owl has to be my favourite. It was a species I never knew existed until I saw one at a bird of prey centre, and it is such a bizarre looking owl that I waited for it to move before I believed it was real Laughing. I never knew it was available in toy form.

Thanks. The same owl set includes a burrowing owl I am more excited to try and get! But it was nice to acquire a Neotropical owl species
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 5:34 pm

Really nice , new additions for your synoptic collection Blaine Applause
Actually I really like all your choices of models so far :)
The Mojo Masai giraffe looks very nice ... and thank you for the photo with the Papo one.
I like the Papo one and they look nice together, so it makes me want the Mojo one more :)

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 5:38 pm

That guppy is so tempting; it looks very realistic. I never concentrated on guppies, but did enjoy keeping some in my aquariums as food (the babies anyhow) for my focal fish. And you have one of my focal species also, the discus! One day I really ought to get at least one of them.

Haven't I seen the guppy figure before with a stunning model of a corydoras cat? I really would like the cory model I saw one day.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 5:38 pm

Sorry, that I am posting a bit off topic ...

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:

Do you buy from Aliexpress ?
If yes, HERE is one seller, which has the Roan antelopes .. and I think the praice is not bad Wink

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 5:44 pm

costicuba wrote:

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:

If yes, HERE is one seller, which has the Roan antelopes .. and I think the praice is not bad  Wink

I bought them on US eBay from Hong Kong. The price was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 5:46 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
That guppy is so tempting; it looks very realistic. I never concentrated on guppies, but did enjoy keeping some in my aquariums as food (the babies anyhow) for my focal fish. And you have one of my focal species also, the discus! One day I really ought to get at least one of them.

Haven't I seen the guppy figure before with a stunning model of a corydoras cat? I really would like the cory model I saw one day.

Yes, the guppy was from a set called 'World Tropical Fish' by Bandai that multiple colors of guppy, characin, and Corydoras! I plan on getting at least one species of the characins.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 5:59 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
costicuba wrote:

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:

If yes, HERE is one seller, which has the Roan antelopes .. and I think the praice is not bad  Wink

I bought them on US eBay from Hong Kong. The price was pretty good.

Yes, my information was for Duck-Anch-Amun Wink

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 12:50 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
February acquisitions.

Let's start with figures I missed earlier.

Since I changed my shelves from taxonomy to location and habitat, I thought to get some standard-sized dolphins for the oceanic shelves:
1. short-beaked common dolphin, Delphinus delphis (advertised as Mojo Fun, but marked Maia & Borges)
2. Atlantic white-sided dolphin, Lagenorhynchus acutus (Safari Ltd.)
3. Pacific white-sided dolphin, Lagenorhynchus obliquidens (CollectA)
4. common bottlenose dolphin, Tursiops truncatus (Papo)

Next, terrestrial critters missed the first time around:
1. honey badger, female with pup, Mellivora capensis
Since I have the male, I figure it is fitting to get his mate and offspring
2. lion cub, Panthera leo (CollectA)
Since I am displaying based on continent now, my lion and lioness pair need a cub. The adults are both by Papo, but for the cub I went with this CollectA figure.
3. red-tailed black cockatoo, Calyptorrhynchus banksii (Science & Nature)
4. North American red fox, Vulpes vulpes (Safari Ltd.)
Again, since I am currently displaying the figures by continent, my previous red fox (by Papo) is better suited for Europe, so I needed an American one :)
5. roan antelope, pair, Hippotragus equinus (Noah's Pals)
6. American alligator, Alligator mississippiensis (Papo)
This 2019 figure replaces the 1997 sculpt by Safari. Amazing it took 22 years to get a better standard-sized alligator!
7. Eurasian otter, Lutra lutra (Papo)
My other L. lutra is the Japanese subspecies (L. l. whiteleyi), so I needed a nominate for for my European shelves!

And these two retired treasures from Schleich:
1. domestic yak, Bos grunniens
I was happy there were several available on U.S. eBay! Schleich marketed this in their 'Wild Animals' line, but the color is more like a domestic yak than a wild yak (B. mutus). I decided to pick morphology over marketing :-).
2. nine-banded armadillo, Dasypus novemcinctus
Another lucky eBay find. It's been played with a bit, but still in pretty good shape.

Mojo 2020. Of the non-arthropods, the Masai giraffe (Giraffa tippelskirchii) was the only one I wanted. It is photographed here (in front) next to the Papo reticulated giraffe.

Next, three cats from the Complete Feline Series by Beauty of the Beasts. These resin figures are available on Etsy. They sell nearly every cat species (37 available!) in the 1:10 scale (although they appear to me to scale well with standard-sized figures). They also sell other animals too, many unique or rare in figure form! I bought three small cats for proof-of-concept. I picked these three because they were less expensive and represent species not made by, or unlikely to be made by, modern companies any time soon. I am sure I will order from them again sometime...

1. pampas cat, Leopardus colocola
2. flat-headed cat, Prionailurus planiceps
3. sand cat, Felis margarita

Last, miscellaneous Japanese figures.
1. blue discus, Symphysodon aequifasciatus (Furuta)
2. guppy, Poecilia reticulata (Bandai)
3. serpentine goby, Pterogobius elapoides (Kaiyodo)
4. potato cod, Epinephelus tukula (Kaiyodo)
This figure replaces the Cadbury Yowie figure in my collection.
5. Lehmann's poison frog, Oophaga lehmanni (Kitan Club)
6. Ryukyu tip-nosed frog, Odorrana narina (Kaiyodo)
7. radiated tortoise, Astrochelys radiata (Colorata)
8. spectacled owl, Pulsatrix perspicillata (Kaiyodo)
9. long-eared jerboa, Euchoreutes naso (Furuta)
10. coypu, Myocaster coypus (Kaiyodo)

Where do you got the CollectA White-sided Dolphin? It looks much better than mine.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 12:56 pm

[quote="Megaptera"]
bmathison1972 wrote:

Where do you got the CollectA White-sided Dolphin? It looks much better than mine.

I bought all four of them online from Happy Hen Toys here in the U.S.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection
Page 16 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next