Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection

Go down 
+25
costicuba
Steve170
spacelab
WhiteLightning Wolf
Advicot
rogerpgvg
landrover
Caracal
Kikimalou
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
A.R.Garcia
Tiermann
1claire
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
Roger
Duck-Anch-Amun
Taos
halichoeres
Megaptera
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 11:35 am

Taking a break from the 'on shelves' shots for some new figures.

First a couple 2020 releases
1. Highland cattle, Bos taurus taurus (Papo)
Most of the Papo 2020 models I want are not out yet, but this one is. I really like cattle breeds and will probably invest in them more. However, I will probably not go back and buy earlier figures, but rather get new figures as they are released, unless I find something randomly in a store, museum, etc. If I got too many too soon, I wouldn't have room for them and my other figures would have to...um... mooooooooove over. Next up, the 2020 CollectA Tyrol grey cattle.
2. Galapagos tortoise, Chelonoidis nigra-complex (Schleich)
When this figure was first announced, I was not impressed. However, after seeing forum posts I realized I liked it more than I thought. After Megaptera's discovery that the Papo Galapagos tortoise (which is what I currently have in my collection) is probably an Aldabra tortoise based on the presence of a nuchal scute, this gave me reason to pursue a 'true' Galapagos tortoise. It is really nice in-hand. My only complaint is that it is a bit small (but hey, it can represent a young specimen). Right now it is the same size as my Safari Ltd desert tortoise (which, for what it is worth, is too big lol).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Replacement figures:
1. leopard seal, Hydrurga leptonyx (Safari Ltd.)
I ALMOST bought this one originally, but the dynamic pose of the Papo figure won over. I regret not getting the Safari figure initially as it is anatomically better (and a better paint job).
2. shark ray, Rhina ancylostoma (CollectA)
It is not like me to replace a Safari shark with a CollectA shark, but the CollectA figure much better represents an adult specimen. In a synoptic collection, if I had one, I would prefer an adult. The figure is bigger than the Safari figure, but not obnoxiously so. Also, it was on clearance and cheaper than usual ;-)
3. zebra shark, Stegosoma fasciatum (CollectA)
For the exact same reasons as the shark ray, above
4. sea otter, with pup, Enhydra lustris (Safari Ltd, Monterey Bay Aquarium collection)
FINALLY! I have wanted the pair for the longest time. It is surprising how few figures there are of good, standard-sized sea otters. I would have prefered the pair, but will take one for the time being! If I find her mate, I will buy him, too! It replaces an older Kaiyodo figure that is a bit stylized and has too much of a flat/fake bottom.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 8:54 am

Nice additions again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 1:44 pm

Some great additions. I have the old Schleich Highland Cattle from about 10 years ago and haven't ever seen any I like better really. The Papo one is nice enough but doesn't feel shaggy enough to me in the fur molding.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 12:08 pm

Nice additions again and good to see the Papo Highland cow so close but sadly still not convincing me to acquire it!

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 2:17 pm

B-B-B-Bird-Bird-Bird Bird is the Word!

Bottom shelf is flightless birds, landfowl, waterfowl, turacos, hummingbirds, pigeons, cuckoos, rails, and cranes

Middle shelf are the broad 'water birds' (Aequorlitornithes), which include terns, albatrosses, gulls, penguins, pelicans, herons, spoonbills, and storks, as well as the owls.

Top shelf are birds of prey, parrots, toucans, woodpeckers, kingfishers, and the large groups of passerine (perching) birds.

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 4:38 pm

Wow Blaine, Applause Applause Applause congratulayions.

you have splendid set of birds, i like especially the Kaiyodo models.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 5:47 pm

Blaine, I see you're watching some movies whose producer is Jean-Luc. Good work feathering your collection!

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 5:57 pm

Impressive

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 5:38 am

OH MY GOLLY GOSH!!! Your bird displays are ASTOUNDING!!! I really want to visit your collection more than ever now!!!

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 6:35 am

Wonderful collection of birds and so many must haves!!!!!! Applause Applause

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 6:37 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 11:06 am

Wonderful collection.
I'm also going to get the Highland Cattle from Papo, or maybe the one from Schleich next year. I already have the old Highland Cattle Cow from Schleich.
And I'm also waiting for the Grey Cattle from CollectA.
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 12:14 pm

You can find the Tyrol cow from CollectA on eBay

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 12:40 pm

Lovely displays and collection again! They are so neat and orderly, you can see each and every figure!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 5:40 pm

Thanks everyone.

I have good lighting in my apartment today so let's continue with the first groups of mammals (mammals will probably require three posts).

Bottom row are prehistoric synapsids, prehistoric small early mammals, monotremes, marsupials, bats, shrews, moles, and hedgehogs.

Middle row are primates, rodents, and lagomorphs

Top row are elephants, pangolins, sloths, anteaters, armadillos, aarvark, and sirenians

Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 6:57 pm

Every time you post another one of these shelf shots I am blown away by the beauty and diversity of your collection. One day I strive to have a collection that looks like this.

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 1:11 am

I really love it!
Your presentation and your figurine choice is so great cheers

I´m very curious to see a "full room" photo after we saw the other shelves :)
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 1:20 am

Truly amazing array of figures and species

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 3:28 am

Wonderful Mammals you have.
I like these two apes. They look like they have a beer too much and now, they are singing:
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 3:36 am

Hello, Blaine, really great collection, thank you for sharing these photos! I never saw such spotted cuscus on the branch, cinereous vulture and paradise bird figure, what brand is it? Or are these figures customs or resin ones?
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 5:12 am

jarda wrote:
Hello, Blaine, really great collection, thank you for sharing these photos! I never saw such spotted cuscus on the branch, cinereous vulture and paradise bird figure, what brand is it? Or are these figures customs or resin ones?

Hi Jarda, they are resin. The vulture is by Signatus Studios on the Likaon Models site (they are forum members here). The cuscus and bird-of-paradise are made by Arboreum Artwork out of Indonesia. His work is also displayed here on the forum (but I can't remember STS forum name offhand but here is his thread on ATF: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SerAndrew

Country/State : Spain/Madrid

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 5:14 am

Wow... wonderfull collection...
Only your house shall smell like a zoo! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 6:12 am

Wonderful collection!!!! Applause Applause Applause

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 9:21 am

Other esplendid photos Blaine.

cheers cheers

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 3:41 pm

Moving along with more mammals, the carnivores.

Bottom shelf are the caniforms, except for Mustellidae, including bears, dogs, raccoons and kin, skunks, and pinnipeds

Upper shelf are the rest of the caniforms (otters, weasels, badgers, etc.) and the feliform carnivores, including hyenas, mongooses and kin, civets, and cats

The next 'on shelves' post will finish off the mammals with the hoofed critters and their aquatic kin...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection
Page 20 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next