Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

into Amazonia!

Go down 
+21
spacelab
George
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
Bonnie
Seeway
costicuba
Komodo
Advicot
RtasVadumee
Kikimalou
1claire
SUSANNE
lucky luke
Liiolii
Pardofelis
widukind
Roger
landrover
Caracal
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

into Amazonia! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: into Amazonia!   into Amazonia! - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 10, 2023 8:22 am

Thank you Annette! Very Happy

The 2 ocelots are repainted. The larger from Wild Republic set and the other one is moreover customised from a little Nayab leopard, the one which looks like the Jeol one..

The jag is from Kaiyodo and so perfect that I did not change anything.

All are at 1/32 scale.

The jungle is one of my ficus! Laughing

Have a nice day! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: into Amazonia!   into Amazonia! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2023 1:49 pm

I love Amazonia subject and your pictures are so perfect. :)

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: into Amazonia!   into Amazonia! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2023 3:32 pm

Thank you Rogério! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: into Amazonia!   into Amazonia! - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2023 8:58 am

comparison

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The more I compare these two Schleich jag versions, the more I prefer the previous one: its stockier but yet realistic body, its beautiful head and far better painting!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: into Amazonia!   into Amazonia! - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2023 10:13 am

Wonderful, wonderful! cheers
You're right, actually, after a first generation of jaguar/leopard almost indistinguishable and relatively poor, Schleich released this 2nd generation as their first great big cat figure. The 3rd generation is nice and modern looking but certainly the previous model is still better. So good that I purely ignored the Papo counterpart and I thought I didn't need the Safari WS one but in this case I was wrong because the current Safari is also a fantastic model.Being it such an iconic animal, isn't it surprising that Mojö Fun and CollectA have never released one?

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: into Amazonia!   into Amazonia! - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2023 11:12 am

..Yes it is.. Fortunatly we have 3 good models frpm Schleich and Safari ltd and an atypic one (Papo). The Safari one is very well carved but I wouldn't say it's the same about its painting, its spots are a little too discarded..

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: into Amazonia!   into Amazonia! - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2023 8:51 pm

Caracal wrote:
..Yes it is.. Fortunatly we have 3 good models frpm Schleich and Safari ltd and an atypic one (Papo). The Safari one is very well carved but I wouldn't say it's the same about its painting, its spots are a little too discarded..

What do you mean about the spots, should they be more closely packed?

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: into Amazonia!   into Amazonia! - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2023 10:40 pm

Roger wrote:
Caracal wrote:

Yes they should be..  :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: into Amazonia!   into Amazonia! - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 30, 2023 10:35 am

Caracal wrote:
Roger wrote:
Caracal wrote:

Yes they should be..  :)

OK, you're right. Schleich did a good job painting those rosettes and spots in a compact way on both jaguar versions.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: into Amazonia!   into Amazonia! - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 30, 2023 12:27 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: into Amazonia!   into Amazonia! - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 26, 2023 9:23 am

Take care to the fishers!

The caîman would like to have a good sunny rest..

but :  "Ooops!..  "

Two powerful fishers are standing very close!..

.. "better to swim deep!.."

THE END

Caïman (?) jaguars from Schleich (14359 from 2007)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: into Amazonia!   into Amazonia! - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 26, 2023 5:23 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: into Amazonia!   into Amazonia! - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 26, 2023 5:29 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: into Amazonia!   into Amazonia! - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 28, 2023 2:10 pm

Perfectly done once more. Actually a single jaguar is enough to hunt that gecko. Laughing They're are also very good swimmers although they're smart enough to avoid a cayman if it goes to a deep part or the game rules may change. We have our own National Geographic reporter on forum. cheers

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: into Amazonia!   into Amazonia! - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 28, 2023 10:32 pm

Very Happy Many thanks to you three Andreas, Jean-Luc and Rogério!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: into Amazonia!   into Amazonia! - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 29, 2023 10:04 am

Roger wrote:
Perfectly done once more. Actually a single jaguar is enough to hunt that gecko. Laughing They're are also very good swimmers although they're smart enough to avoid a cayman if it goes to a deep part or the game rules may change. We have our own National Geographic reporter on forum. cheers

The STS David Attenborough cheers What amazes me most is that Alain has sets from all over the world right next door to him! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: into Amazonia!   into Amazonia! - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 29, 2023 6:54 pm

Laughing Laughing The world in my backyard! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: into Amazonia!   into Amazonia! - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

into Amazonia!
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8