Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare

Go down 
+25
Duck-Anch-Amun
Shanti
Advicot
RtasVadumee
costicuba
spacelab
Steve170
Megaptera
landrover
Caracal
rogerpgvg
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
75senta75
Kikimalou
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Pardofelis
Taos
SUSANNE
Tiermann
zirkoon
Roger
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2021 - 9:11

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2021 - 9:19

very beautiful figure and shades! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2021 - 10:05

Oh the setting is perfect for the best wolverine figure

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2021 - 11:36

What a wonderful wolverine and some beautiful photos! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2021 - 12:32

Those are perfect pictures of what is for me also the best wolverine figure and I have all other competitors. The pose is intentionally static once Mojö wanted to represent a very typical pose to that creature. For those that never noticed, Mojo avoids agressive postures among their extant animal replicas. That is a philosophy of the company that I respect a lot even if I am an enthusiast of Papo bad boys. By the way, when will Papo release a wolverine? It is a perfect animal for their style.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2021 - 16:23

Yes the "static" and peaceful looking nature of the Mojo models is an intended effect. When I asked I was told that they wanted to represent the peaceful natural side of animal species, not the violent natural side of them. I think thats a noble cause. And when you simply look at photos or see a real one in person (as I have) they are far less angry as some documentaries present them to be. They often will just sit and relax on a log when they aren't fighting bears off moose carcasses or climbing vertical mountain ranges in mere hours. Wink

Thank you everyone. The dead weeds and grasses reflected the bronze stripe of my model's paint job perfectly. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2021 - 16:27

So interesting! I never knew Mojo intended their style to be like this! Shocked
It's refreshing to have that variety in models, each animal from each brand having their own style! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2021 - 17:02

Congratulations, because this wolverine is very nice in your photos. sunny sunny

I would like comparative photos between this mojo and the Bullyland one.

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2021 - 17:55

If I had the bullyland model I would gladly do a comparison for you, but unfortunately I don't. Someday!

Thanks everyone!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2021 - 22:21

Roger wrote:
Those are perfect pictures of what is for me also the best wolverine figure and I have all other competitors. The pose is intentionally static once Mojö wanted to represent a very typical pose to that creature. For those that never noticed, Mojo avoids agressive postures among their extant animal replicas. That is a philosophy of the company that I respect a lot even if I am an enthusiast of Papo bad boys. By the way, when will Papo release a wolverine? It is a perfect animal for their style.

Then, Mojo should definitely do the devil's figure we were talking about on my topic. When you like to collect animals by pair or groups, it is very enjoyable to have different poses. This wolverine would make a great mate for my Schleich fierce-looking one. However, it is retired and difficult to find in Europe.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 2:25

These winter shots are lovely. I especially like the rhinos marching across the fields and the wolverine at peace.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 6:57

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 6:59

Next up, the safari ltd leopard seal. One of my favorite species, and my favorite (and only) figure of one.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 8:17

I wasn't convinced by this model first but your pictures changed my mind, it is beautiful and Safari Ltd captured very well the Leopard seal spirit.

I "only" own the Kitan club one, if I need a bigger Leopard seal (and find enough place) I will surely go for this one. Thank you Paige Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 9:24

very beautiful model and pictures! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 9:31

This figure is the final leopard seal I added to my collection. I also have the Papo and CollectA figures.

Great photos Paige, and I'm glad you have just this figure to represent its species, it's truly wonderful.

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 10:08

This model is so wonderful and really captures the species, especially with your photos of it in the snow! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 10:35

Capture the expression of an animal into a figurine is not easy, but Safari did perfectly with the leopard seal. It have absolutely the same expression of the real animal.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 10:44

Interesting, the leopard seal is another pending subject in my collecting hobby. I think this model is really good, probably the best if we don't consider the Kitan masterpiece, though, I think I am going for CollectA's figure. :)

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 12:56

Wonderful photo!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 18:15

I really love this model, I feel it captures something special about the species. In the snow the edges of the gray look really blue which is something I hadn't noticed before. I adore this model. I was disappointed with the papo model when it released, but I might consider the CollectA. 

Thanks everyone!

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 23:54

I want this beautiful seal. It has nice pose . sunny sunny

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2021 - 8:46

Beautiful figure

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2021 - 17:24

Thank you both. :)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2021 - 20:02

Wonderful pictures of a wonderful model of a wonderful species cheers Applause Applause

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next