Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My papo collection (updated september 2011)

Go down 
+20
Rio
Lasersword1973
remrock02
Suebeedo
SUSANNE
landrover
baltimore zoo
Kikimalou
ken yeo
Gabe
remowshake
Roger
WILLYBACOMAN
MartinH
aandmkw
Sergey
Kiryuha
Wildheart
HKHollinstone
Arrakai
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

My papo collection (updated september 2011) Empty
PostSubject: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 12:50 am

My papo collection is by far the smalest (counting the four major brands), but i still got some realy good ones (in my opinion Laughing )

I love there big cats and alot of their animals look realy great, but I dont realy like their horses and farm animals. Especially the horses look a little wierd...

Well, heres the pics;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And, of course, the beauties I love you
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:38 am

Great collection. I really like the Gorilla, I'll have to get one too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Arrakai

Arrakai

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 6:54 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Great collection. I really like the Gorilla, I'll have to get one too Very Happy

Ye, the gorilla is one of my favorites, it feels more "wild" than the schleich gorilla, more alive somehow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:06 am

Lovely bulldog! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 12:58 am

Arrakai wrote:

Ye, the gorilla is one of my favorites, it feels more "wild" than the schleich gorilla, more alive somehow Very Happy
I like Papo gorilla too, although the Schleich one is still my favorite.
Those are the beauties indeed, at the last photo. I'd only exclude the rhino from this group - its sculpt seems awkward to me.
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 1:20 am

Kiryuha wrote:
I'd only exclude the rhino from this group - its sculpt seems awkward to me.

What!? EXCLUDE the black rhino Shocked Wink but really, I love this model, it's so real looking and beautiful. The detail on it is amazing and I have to say I love the pose too. I know it suffers from being way to small, but it's just wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 1:41 am

HKHollinstone wrote:

What!? EXCLUDE the black rhino Shocked Wink but really, I love this model, it's so real looking and beautiful. The detail on it is amazing and I have to say I love the pose too. I know it suffers from being way to small, but it's just wonderful.
Maybe it looks awkward only on photos... IMHO this rhino lacks bulk, and the plastic it's made of is quite shiny.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 2:03 am

Kiryuha wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

Maybe it looks awkward only on photos... IMHO this rhino lacks bulk, and the plastic it's made of is quite shiny.
I think that's just an impression from the photo, well mine isn't shiny anyway.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 2:09 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
I think that's just an impression from the photo, well mine isn't shiny anyway. [/quote]
Oh, this photo is more illustrative, thank you for sharing!
And how do you find the rhino's eyes? Don't they look cartoonish?
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 2:14 am

Kiryuha wrote:
Oh, this photo is more illustrative, thank you for sharing!
And how do you find the rhino's eyes? Don't they look cartoonish?
Well I agree with you about the eyes, you could always paint them though. They do look rather odd, orange Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:03 am

[quote="Arrakai"]My papo collection is by far the smalest (counting the four major brands), but i still got some realy good ones (in my opinion Laughing )

I love there big cats and alot of their animals look realy great, but I dont realy like their horses and farm animals. Especially the horses look a little wierd...

Well, heres the pics;

... Wild Papo,s cats! M-m-m-m-m... They are my favorites! Wink Wink Wink

Last edited by Sergey on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 2:22 pm

Great collection. The cats are beautiful and the gorilla.
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 11:39 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Kiryuha wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

I think that's just an impression from the photo, well mine isn't shiny anyway.
i love this rhino too :)
Back to top Go down
https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 12:24 pm

Congrats on your Papo's Anna!
Some of them are really great indeed, i do have quit a few of them already, but not all by far... Laughing

Arrakai

PostSubject: My papo of the month   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 4:48 am

I found some realy nice papo´s this month. They were part of my extremly big order from USA.

I got a little to exited when I opened them, so the kudu flew away and one of the horns broke!
Shocked I was not very happy with my self at the moment, but fortunetly, I could superglue it back together Rolling Eyes

The whole lot

Finaly got the majestic Hippo cheers He looks soo good, but he´s bigger than I thought Shocked

Here´s the kudu, with his horn glued back on

I realy like this little fellow I love you

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

I´m very happy right now cheers

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 5:08 am

Oh Anna! Congratulations for your new criters!
I love Papo figures.
Actually I'm buying some extraordinary figures like yours.
Thanks to the help of our friends I've bought this hippo too! It is not too big, Schleich and CollectA hippos are very small!
The only thing that I'm not a fan are the paws! Anyway is the best!Very Happy
About the kudu, if you will buy another, try to make a female and you have a customized figure!
The horns will not be a problem, but you will have a big and bearded female!Laughing
Anyway you already have a flying male!
This kudu is fantastic, despite its usual Papo legs!
That kind of solution has resulted fine in the kudu but not in other ungulates!
Imo Papo is making a great work! And you great choices!Very Happy
The others like the tigress and black leopard we already know the standards of quality of Papo in this kind of figures.
Tell me what do you think about the beaver... Is it better than the CollectA one?
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 6:48 am

Thanx Roger Very Happy

Ye, papo is growing bigger and bigger on me, I love many of there animals (exept for there horses).

The Hippo is realy stunning, and I dont have a proble with the feet. what is it with them that you dont like?

Haha, a flying kudu. must be one of a kind Laughing

About the beaver. Yes I think the papo beaver is better than the collectA. The color and detailes looks realy good, it´s better looking than I expected, so I can recommend you buying it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
remowshake

remowshake

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 7:55 am

Congratulations Anna!
I saw that you like the tiger with baby, i really like them too! :)

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 8:09 am

Very good choices Anna. :)

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 10:44 am

Congratulations Anna! Most of their product is good and agreed that not their horse.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 1:07 pm

Arrakai wrote:
Thanx Roger Very Happy

Ye, papo is growing bigger and bigger on me, I love many of there animals (exept for there horses).

The Hippo is realy stunning, and I dont have a proble with the feet. what is it with them that you dont like?

Haha, a flying kudu. must be one of a kind Laughing

About the beaver. Yes I think the papo beaver is better than the collectA. The color and detailes looks realy good, it´s better looking than I expected, so I can recommend you buying it Very Happy

Yes, I need a badger!
I don't like Papo horses too!
About the feet of the hippo I don't like the way like the sculpting work ended, too flat, anyway works nice in balance terms. But I love this hippo!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 2:30 pm

Congratulation Anna... And too bad for the kudu Wink . Opening a box is an art every collector need to improve one day What a Face

Roger wrote:

Yes, I need a badger!
I don't like Papo horses too!
About the feet of the hippo I don't like the way like the sculpting work ended, too flat, anyway works nice in balance terms. But I love this hippo!

If you want to see some closer pics of the Papo badger, you will find them here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 6:17 pm

Arrakai,
You're getting a nice collection! Here's the deal, Schleich is more for the casual collector(geared a little more towards kids), while Papo is more for the connoisseur(for kids, but a collector with an eye sees they are more artistic). The Papo line is more refined and artistically detailed than Schleich.
Keep on Papo'ing!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Congratulations Anna! Sorry about the Kudu, it's funny the horns on your one look different to mine. Yours look like they're lower down, whereas mine are upright scratch
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 11:13 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
Arrakai,
You're getting a nice collection! Here's the deal, Schleich is more for the casual collector(geared a little more towards kids), while Papo is more for the connoisseur(for kids, but a collector with an eye sees they are more artistic). The Papo line is more refined and artistically detailed than Schleich.
Keep on Papo'ing!

Yes, I can agree with you on that.

Schleich is the biggest of them, and easiest to find, thats why I have them as no1 when collecting. But Papo and safari are close no2 and i try to buy them when I get a chance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) Empty

Back to top Go down

My papo collection (updated september 2011)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next