Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My papo collection (updated september 2011)

Go down 
+20
Rio
Lasersword1973
remrock02
Suebeedo
SUSANNE
landrover
baltimore zoo
Kikimalou
ken yeo
Gabe
remowshake
Roger
WILLYBACOMAN
MartinH
aandmkw
Sergey
Kiryuha
Wildheart
HKHollinstone
Arrakai
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 3:48 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Arrakai wrote:

@Susanne; Thanx Very Happy I´m not sure I agree with you on the older papo´s. Sure, they might look a little cute, but most of them only look wired and funny to me Suspect

My grandad used to say : "Some like the mother, some like the daughter " cheers Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think they are far from cute, I think they are nearly little semi-abstract sculptures drunken

Ha ha, ye that sounds about right, abstract sculptures Laughing I have to try and think of them that way, then maybe I like them better Wink
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 4:14 pm

I love that Shire drunken

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 4:37 pm

Arrakai wrote:

Ha ha, ye that sounds about right, abstract sculptures Laughing I have to try and think of them that way, then maybe I like them better Wink

Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 6:07 pm

Thanks! The shire and the first one are really amazing!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Arrakai

Arrakai

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 5:20 pm

SyLoBe wrote:

Your welcome Very Happy Glad you liked them, I think the shire is one of papos best horses (from the ones I have seen), and it accually look like a horse What a Face
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 7:47 pm

Arrakai wrote:
SyLoBe wrote:

Your welcome Very Happy Glad you liked them, I think the shire is one of papos best horses (from the ones I have seen), and it accually look like a horse What a Face

Laughing Yeah, some Papo horses don´t look as horses. But this one is awesome :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 8:18 pm

Congratulations on your newest Papo's Anna! Very Happy
Some are really great!
My favourites are the awesome crocodile, and the yak, as he can company the lonely Schleich model, when i forget, my Lineol, Hausser Elastolin and Preiser Elastolin models... Laughing Rolling Eyes

Arrakai

PostSubject: Papo for september   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:46 pm

Finaly got a few (only three) new 2011 papos; indian elefant with calf and mandrill

The elefants are good, nice colour (not just plain grey al together) and I realy like the little calf´s pose. So cute I love you
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The mandrill. Well, i dont know, it´s good, but it´s something about it that I dont realy like, dont know if it´s the color or something else, but I´m just not very impressed with it scratch

I also got two of the papo warriors, even if they are in used condition (I think the tiger is missing a sword?) Realy good and with amazing detailes drunken The only thing I can complain about (and of course, I have to), Is that I think the heads are a tiny bit to small, but thats just my opinion.

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:05 pm

I like the elephants too, but I don't think I'll get them because of their size. Congratulations cheers those warriors are just amazingly detailed, I agree the heads could be a little bigger.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:10 pm

Congratulations Anna! Remember that that one of the diferences between France and Germany is that the first have small heads while the last have large heads! Laughing I'm talking about Papo, Schleich and Bullyland, of course! santa pale affraid
I think the problem of the mandril is that the really ones are so bizarre and colourful that it is impossible any painting looks realistic, I'm talking about the face, of course. I love the sculpting as well I think the elephants are nice and probably these will replace my ugly Schleich! elephant
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:19 pm

Congratulations Anna! The Tiger-warrior is my one of the lovely model among Papo animal-warriors (because dinamyc pose)! And for sorry your tiger had lost a nice axe! Wink Laughing

Arrakai

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:29 pm

Harriet@ Yes, they are a bit small, but if you just keep them with other elephants, you should be fine Laughing

Roger@ Ye, right, your only talking brands Laughing Rolling Eyes I think the lion-warrior would have looked mush better with a big mane! Yes, you are probably right about the mandrill, but I think it would have been better if they had toned down the colors of the body. Now both body and face has to much color for my taste.

Sergey@ Ye, I thought something was missing Laughing Oh, that pic is just.. Jummy! drunken
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 12:07 am

Even though I love the figure, I'll still be re-painting my mandrills more of a brownish color(Because they shouldn't be blue grey). As you all know, elephant too small for my taste and since it has a baby figure(Means it's supposed to be an adult female), it shouldn't have large external tusks.
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:07 am

Congrats! The elephants are adorable! :) Mandrill, not so much. But still a very nice figure! Wink

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 3:33 am

Congratulations Anna! Indian elephant and baby should be their best of the year! For mandrill I like the pose and maybe colour needs to be enhance.

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 9:11 am

Arrakai wrote:
Harriet@ Yes, they are a bit small, but if you just keep them with other elephants, you should be fine Laughing
Don't tempt me! Shocked Laughing

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:33 am

Ohhh, those elefants are lovely cheers elephant

I love the mandrill also, I think he looks cool Wink
But Harriet is right, it must be difficult to make a realistic mandrill monkey
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:01 pm

Also congratulation here!!! Nice figurines!!!! cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:51 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
Even though I love the figure, I'll still be re-painting my mandrills more of a brownish color(Because they shouldn't be blue grey). As you all know, elephant too small for my taste and since it has a baby figure(Means it's supposed to be an adult female), it shouldn't have large external tusks.

Mandrills can accually be both brownish, blue-grey, brown-grey, brown-black and other variants, but it would be realy great to see the result of your re-paint Very Happy

You are absolutly right about the elephants, I didnt even think about it befor.
But looking at the figurine, it seems to be a male (a kastrated male by the looks of it) Rolling Eyes
Why couldn´t they just make a female scratch
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:30 am

Arrakai wrote:
baltimore zoo wrote:

Mandrills can accually be both brownish, blue-grey, brown-grey, brown-black and other variants, but it would be realy great to see the result of your re-paint Very Happy

You are absolutly right about the elephants, I didnt even think about it befor.
But looking at the figurine, it seems to be a male (a kastrated male by the looks of it) Rolling Eyes
Why couldn´t they just make a female scratch

I find it funny too! that baby elephant following the father and not the mother.

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:59 am

Like I always say do it right or don't do it all! Meaning...correct color of a figure, "relative proportion" for a figure line, and correct anatomical differences between animals that are sexually dimorphic (Female Asian elephants don't have large external tusks etc.).
Because they made an Asian baby elephant, you and I know the adult Asian is supposed to be a female! Even CollectA copied Papo and made a female Asian with tusks and a baby! Two wrongs don't make it right!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:52 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
Like I always say do it right or don't do it all! Meaning...correct color of a figure, "relative proportion" for a figure line, and correct anatomical differences between animals that are sexually dimorphic (Female Asian elephants don't have large external tusks etc.).
Because they made an Asian baby elephant, you and I know the adult Asian is supposed to be a female! Even CollectA copied Papo and made a female Asian with tusks and a baby! Two wrongs don't make it right!

How do you know CollectA copied Papo and not Papo copied CollectA? They were released in the same year. I'm very curious, could you please explain me since you look experienced in this kind of things! elephant
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:56 am

Pardon my mistake, I don't know which one came out first. It's just that since I saw the Papo elephants first, I thought they came out before the Bullyland. So please excuse me for not researching the correct information(Do you know?). But either way, BOTH companies messed up and there was definitely some copy-catting...!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:44 pm

I was only curious! I believe it is possible to copy figures even when they are released in the same year. All factories are in China and the most part of the development is developed there. I'm not disagreeing with you and there's nothing wrong being wrong, it happens with all of us.
In some points I agree with you, I have the Papo yak in my hands, it was launched one year later than the Schleich and it is incredible that Papo used exactly the same pose and scale, only slightly better in morphology and with a different colouring! What a Face
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 11:52 pm

Congrats on these 3 great Papo's Anna, i do still need these 3 to... Laughing

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

My papo collection (updated september 2011)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5