Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024

Go down 
+4
lucky luke
rogerpgvg
Roger
Kikimalou
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024 EmptySat Sep 14, 2024 9:49 am

What happens between the 1/1.5 and 1/3 floors?
Today it's time to discover my collections in 1/2 and 1/2.5 scale.
Why present both in the same topic? Because they live on the same shelf in my house.
There are fifty residents on 1/2, but there are only about twenty on 1/2.5, so I don't have enough room in my jungle to offer them each a shelf.

at 1/2, reptiles and amphibians are still very present but the contingent of mammals and extinct animals is increasing slightly.
This is also where I let you discover the horrible tortures I put some of my residents through. Fish or bats, they have to swim or fly. So I make them Colorata-style pedestals and pierce their bellies to make it work.
There's still a lot of work to do on the bases, so you can keep an eye on the adventures of a Papo bat and two Safari Ltd fish.

Norther Kenya: Kitan Club Naked mole-rat and Papo Nile crocodile hatchling
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Madagascar: Kaiyodo Madagascar giant day gecko and Yujin Malagasy rainbow frog

Europe: Papo Brown long-eared bat

Asia: Kaiyodo Red-clawed crabs, Hodgson's bat, Laxmann's shrew, Common leopard gecko and Daphnis nerii caterpillar, Kitan Club Schlegel's Japanese Gecko

Australia: Kaiyodo Crested gecko, S&N Superb fairywren and Yujin Thorny devil

Japan: Kaiyodo Bonin white-eye, Japanese dormouse, Japanese dormouse hibernating and Odaigahara salamander, Kitan Club Green Grass Lizards, Japanese Five-lined Skink adult and Sword-tail newt, Yujin Daruma Pond Frog, Forest green tree frog, Japanese Tree Frog and Stream brown frog

Costa Rica: Takara female Golden toad, Yujin Helmeted Iguana and Red-eyed Tree Frog

South America: Yujin Clown tree frog, Dyeing poison dart frog and Yellow-banded poison dart frog, Colorata Cranwell's horned frog

Ocean: Colorata Barreleye, Safari Ltd Atlantic flyingfish and Common seadragon, Yujin Common clownfish, Fire goby, Whitetail dascyllus and Shuttles hoppfish, Kitan Club Hypselodoris bullocki and Kaiyodo Grass puffer

Ancient seas: Kaiyodo Psychopyge, Pteraspis and Hemicyclaspis (All Devonian), PNSO Keichousaurus (Triassic) and Kaiyodo Eryon (Jurassic)

Before KT: PNSO Nemicolopterus (Cretaceous) and Yujin Henkelotherium (Jurassic)

More pics…

Kikimalou’s 1/2 Air Force

Frogs

Mammalians

and Reptiles

And now let's move on to the 1/2.5 tenants. With almost half the number of guests, the birds are making a notable entrance.
6 of them could live at 1/2 as fairly small representatives of their species, but I prefer to show them as normal-sized individuals.

Europe: Kitan Club Common kingfisher and Eurasian tree sparrow, Papo European robin and Great tit, Kaiyodo Common kingfisher

Asia: Play Visions Boulenger's Asian tree toad, Yujin Tokay gecko and Dark-spotted frog, Kaiyodo Java sparrow and Owston's tit

Australia: S&N Leadbeater's possum, Papo Emu chick, Kaiyodo Smooth knob-tailed gecko and Safari Ltd Budgerigar

Japan: Kaiyodo Japanese freshwater crab, Japanese grass vole and Small Japanese mole

Mexico: the lonely Yujin Common collared lizard

Ocean: Bandai Japanese fan lobster and Epoch Floral egg crab

More pics again !

Birds

Crabs

Mammals

Reptiles

As usual, you can also have a look at my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] floors of my collection. cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024 EmptySat Sep 14, 2024 11:53 am

At first glance, these scales may seem uninteresting, as they are neither lifesized nor close to the classic scales. However, it is perfectly evident that by creating this niche in your collection, you have managed to group together a series of marvelous figures of rare species. Furthermore, the magic of figures being in scale does not necessarily reside in the popularity of the scale but rather in the fact that it makes different figures establish a realistic correspondence between the different sizes of the most diverse creatures. It is as if the figures chose the scale in which to inhabit and not the scale chose the figures, and this gives an almost infinite freedom to your way of collecting.

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024 EmptySat Sep 14, 2024 12:05 pm

Lots to enjoy in your photos. I especially like the bird comparison photos. The Papos work well with the Japanese figures. The difference in style isn't obvious.

The superb fairywren has such a funny name. As if it was invented by a salesman!

What is the idea behind the frog on the fish in the sixth photo? Is the frog having a free rider or is it attacking the fish?

Like you, I need to make better bases for several of my models like the Kitans with pedestal. The bottlecap for the bat is perfect for comparisons with the Kaiyodo bottlecap series. Your bases have progressed much more than mine!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024 EmptySat Sep 14, 2024 1:51 pm

Roger wrote:
At first glance, these scales may seem uninteresting, as they are neither lifesized nor close to the classic scales. However, it is perfectly evident that by creating this niche in your collection, you have managed to group together a series of marvelous figures of rare species. Furthermore, the magic of figures being in scale does not necessarily reside in the popularity of the scale but rather in the fact that it makes different figures establish a realistic correspondence between the different sizes of the most diverse creatures. It is as if the figures chose the scale in which to inhabit and not the scale chose the figures, and this gives an almost infinite freedom to your way of collecting.

No scale is uninterresting for me Wink  There are even no less than two STS figures of the year at 1/2.5.
Indeed in my collection I am the one who choose the figures but they certainly choose the scale in which to inhabit  Very Happy

rogerpgvg wrote:
Lots to enjoy in your photos. I especially like the bird comparison photos. The Papos work well with the Japanese figures. The difference in style isn't obvious.

The superb fairywren has such a funny name. As if it was invented by a salesman!

What is the idea behind the frog on the fish in the sixth photo? Is the frog having a free rider or is it attacking the fish?

Like you, I need to make better bases for several of my models like the Kitans with pedestal. The bottlecap for the bat is perfect for comparisons with the Kaiyodo bottlecap series. Your bases have progressed much more than mine!

I like very much the all birds picture.
Superb fairywren ! Resplendant quetzal ! Indeed some birds certainly have a good marketing team  Laughing
If I'm not mistaken, it seems that the Stream brown frog males sometimes confuse fish with females. Palmface
I am now trying to made Fimo bases but mine are a bit to thick.
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024 EmptySat Sep 14, 2024 2:46 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool study drunken
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024 EmptySat Sep 14, 2024 3:11 pm

You have a great talent to find species at unusal scales who fit well together and above all to shoot them beautifully!

Each of your pictures is a real pleasure for eyes! cheers Applause drunken

You don't have the Papo kingfisher?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024 EmptySat Sep 14, 2024 6:24 pm

Thank you for your kind words Alain and your kind emoji Jean-Luc  cheers

Of course I have the Papo Kingfisher, it is leaving in the 1/3 floor. Wink   You will see it soon
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024 EmptySat Sep 14, 2024 6:39 pm

I like the group of frogs, ....splendid photos. cheers cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024 EmptySat Sep 14, 2024 7:11 pm

The frogs are very happy to please you cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024 EmptySun Sep 15, 2024 12:00 pm

Many many beauties

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024 EmptySun Sep 15, 2024 12:57 pm

Thank you Andreas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2024 8:26 am

Many beautiful,rare and varied models!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2024 9:10 am

Thank you Taylor
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2024 9:54 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, it seems that the Stream brown frog males sometimes confuse fish with females. Palmface

I see, love makes blind!

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/2 and 1/2.5 shelf - updated September 14 2024
Page 1 of 1