Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/7 shelf - updated October 15 2024

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/7 shelf - updated October 15 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/7 shelf - updated October 15 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/7 shelf - updated October 15 2024 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2024 3:04 pm

Floor 1/7! This is the smallest of all, with 40 residents. Despite this, I don't think it lacks pace or charm.

Africa: Homemade Glossy ibis, Safari Ltd Giant pangolin and Guinea baboon, CollectA Fennec fox
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ural: Furuta Great crested grebe, Kaiyodo Ural Owl Chicks, Black Woodpecker and Smew

South-east Asia: Kaiyodo Crested kingfisher and Komodo dragon, Yowies Burmese star tortoise and Schleich Slow loris

Australia: S&N Sulphur-crested cockatoo, Colorata Platypus and Kaiyodo Bearded dragon

New-Zealand Colorata Tuatara and CollectA Okarito Kiwi

Mexico: Safari Ltd Snail kite and Greater Roadrunner, ToyMany Antelope jackrabbit, Homemade Northern jacana, Yujin Red-eared slider and Bullyland custom American hog-nosed skunk

South America: Naturallsm Black-and-white hawk-eagle, CollectA Green iguana, Safari Ltd Emerald tree boa and Anhinga, Nayab White-throated toucan and AAA Humboldt penguin

Under the seas: Kitan Club Pacific oyster, Safari Ltd Yellow-bellied Sea Snake, Kaiyodo Black-banded Sea Krait and Blue swimmer crab, CollectA Red king crab and Discovery Science Lantern shark

So lonely: Colorata Veiled chameleon (Yemen), Lenox Indian rhinoceros calf (India), Playvisions Ring-tailed Mongoose (Madagascar), PNSO Glyphoderma (Trias) and Yujin Marine Iguana (Galapagos).

The Lenox isn’t a toy but I couldn’t resist to it’s charm and it gives a great deal of depth and relief on this floor

Birds

Mammals

Raptors

Reptiles

Snakes

As usual, you can also have a look at my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] floors of my collection. cheers
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/7 shelf - updated October 15 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/7 shelf - updated October 15 2024 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2024 3:24 pm

Beautiful collection cheers cheers cheers cheers

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/7 shelf - updated October 15 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/7 shelf - updated October 15 2024 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2024 4:40 pm

I love that glossy ibis!

I don't think I realized how big the giant pangolin was Shocked I guess it is appropriately named!

Oh seeing that Kaiyodo komodo reminds me I have to take pictures of my Rebor Laughing

I've been meaning to get that Yowie tortoise, it doesn't even look like a Yowie figure!

That rhino calf is so sweet I love you

Animal Ark Website
Animal Figure Photography Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/7 shelf - updated October 15 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/7 shelf - updated October 15 2024 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2024 5:16 pm

It was also the giant size of this pangolin that first caught my attention in this department. I know that giant pangolins aren't dwarves, I even have the figurine, but I didn't expect it to stand out so much among other mammal figures of the same scale. Maybe the fact Safari is marketing it as a 1:3 scale model gives me the wrong perception of the size of the real animal.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/7 shelf - updated October 15 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/7 shelf - updated October 15 2024 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2024 5:42 pm

Taos wrote:
Beautiful collection cheers cheers cheers cheers

Thank you Taylor  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers

Joliezac wrote:
I love that glossy ibis!

I don't think I realized how big the giant pangolin was Shocked I guess it is appropriately named!

Oh seeing that Kaiyodo komodo reminds me I have to take pictures of my Rebor Laughing

I've been meaning to get that Yowie tortoise, it doesn't even look like a Yowie figure!

That rhino calf is so sweet I love you

Giant pangolins are giants for pangolins  Laughing

The Rebor is still on my wishlist, I think it is a tad bigger than the Kaiyodo and it is so beautiful!

I'm not at all in Yowies but this turtle is the exception  sunny

Roger wrote:
It was also the giant size of this pangolin that first caught my attention in this department. I know that giant pangolins aren't dwarves, I even have the figurine, but I didn't expect it to stand out so much among other mammal figures of the same scale. Maybe the fact Safari is marketing it as a 1:3 scale model gives me the wrong perception of the size of the real animal.

Giant pangolin, what does Wikipedia say? Males are larger than females, with male body lengths about 137 cm (54 in) to 180 cm (71 in) and females about 112.5 cm (44.3 in) to 136.5 cm (53.7 in).

It's difficult for me to find other measurements, some people say 120 to 160cm.
At 120cm our friend would be 1/5.5 scale. At 180cm it would be 1/8.2 scale.

I chose the 1/7 scale which represents a pangolin of 1.54m. To continue the conversation started with rogervpg [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I think it's important to show how big a Giant pangolin can be without validating the 180cm. This seemed to me the safest compromise.
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/7 shelf - updated October 15 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/7 shelf - updated October 15 2024 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2024 7:41 pm

Who made the ibis? What other birds do he/she make? Are he/she a member of the STS?

The giant rhinoceros calf is impressive, I didn't know that brand...
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/7 shelf - updated October 15 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/7 shelf - updated October 15 2024 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2024 7:53 pm

I can't remember who made the ibis, I bought it a loooong time ago.

The Lenox is a porcelein model
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/7 shelf - updated October 15 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/7 shelf - updated October 15 2024 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/7 shelf - updated October 15 2024
Page 1 of 1