Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024

Go down 
+6
Joliezac
rogerpgvg
Roger
Taos
lucky luke
Kikimalou
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024 EmptySat Sep 28, 2024 2:44 pm

This week I'd like to take you on a tour of the 1/5 floor. This scale is sandwiched between the dolls (1/4) and the Barbie dolls (1/6). 70 animals are roaming around, much to my delight. There are quite a few birds here (23), followed by reptiles (16) and mammals (11).

East Africa: Kaiyodo Fischer's Turaco, Four-toed hedgehogs, Greater painted-snipe and Northern white-faced owl, Bandai Babcock leopard tortoise
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Madagascar: Herping Angonoka tortoise, Yujin Parson's Chameleon and AAA Ring-tailed lemur

Gulf of Lion: Papo Edible crab, Bullyland Black-headed gull and Kaiyodo Little owl. The Edible crab is invited here since it is still not completely recognized as a Mediterranean species.

Alps: Papo Red squirrel  and Eurasian magpie, Kaiyodo Least weasel, Little grebe, Rock Ptarmigan and Spotted nutcracker, Animal Kingdom Common cuckoo

China: Yujin Chinese box turtle and Yellow pond turtle

Japan: Kitan Club Bonin flying fox, Kaiyodo Japanese scops owl, Lidth's Jay, Okinawa rail and Ryukyu flying fox

South-east Asia: Kinto Favorite Asian arowana, Custom Samar cobra, Yujin Spiny turtles, Yujin Boulenger's Asian tree toad, Play Visions Blood python and Kaiyodo Big-headed turtle

Melanesia: SSS Australasian swamphen, Yujin Fiji Banded Iguana , Kaiyodo Reimann’s snake-necked turtle

Australia and Tasmania: Bandai Blue-winged kookaburra, S&N Australian boobook, Australian magpie, Eastern barred bandicoot, Galah and Numbat, Safari Ltd Laughing kookaburra

North America: Safari Ltd Red-crowned amazon, Schleich Prairie rattlesnake, CollectA Ivory-billed woodpecker, Kaiyodo Smallmouth bass and Yujin Gila Monster

Central America: Safari ltd Nine-banded Armadillo and yujin Plumed Basilisk

South America: Bullyland Toco toucan, Papo Red-bellied piranha and Golden lion tamarin, Fame Master Scarlet macaw

Ocean: Takara Glowing sucker octopus and Predatory tunicate,  Colorata Ribbon eel, Safari Ltd Brownbanded bamboo shark juvenile, Kitan Club Wrought Iron Butterflyfish, Kaiyodo Sargassumfish and Epoch Roundbelly Cowfish

More pics

Freshwater fish

Mammals

Birds

Owls

Reptiles

Snakes

Turtles

Weirdos

As usual, you can also have a look at my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] floors of my collection. cheers
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024 EmptySat Sep 28, 2024 4:49 pm

Magnificent Christophe, great animals and fantastic photos Very Happy Applause cheers Cool sunny study
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024 EmptySat Sep 28, 2024 5:05 pm

Merci Jean-Luc Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024 EmptySat Sep 28, 2024 5:39 pm

Wonderful models and collection! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024 EmptySat Sep 28, 2024 6:41 pm

Thank you to be here Taylor cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024 EmptySat Sep 28, 2024 9:18 pm

In a world where the metric system rules, 1:5 scale should be a traditional one.
Ironically, it seems to be a quite alternative scale.
Though, considering the amount of figures you have gathered and their diversity, I think we could name it the Kiki scale... or turtle scale. Wink
I love the weirdos, it's like their from another planet.

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024 EmptySat Sep 28, 2024 10:03 pm

Indeed, many turtles here. This scale nicely shows the diversity in turtles. Common cuckoos are surprisingly rare as models, good that Kaiyodo made one (it's a Kaiyodo, isn't it?) The hedgehogs are cute and the flying fox with plant is a stunning sculpture. Looking forward to seeing the Barbie dolls on your 1/6 shelf next time.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024 EmptySat Sep 28, 2024 10:06 pm

Yay another scale topic! Seeing that large AAA lemur makes me want an IC one from Safari Laughing

Those freshwater and Kaiyodo fish are gorgeous, I love the colors and extra accessories on them.

Once again the Yujin reptiles are amazing.

I love the diversity and how you display your collection. Do you have photos of them grouped on your shelves in their respective places? I'd love to see that. I remember seeing pictures of your collection some time ago, but I'm sure it has grown much larger since then.

Animal Ark Website
Animal Figure Photography Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024 EmptySat Sep 28, 2024 11:48 pm

Roger wrote:
In a world where the metric system rules, 1:5 scale should be a traditional one.
Ironically, it seems to be a alternative scale.
Though, considering the amount of figures you have gathered and their diversity, I think we could name it the Kiki scale... or turtle scale. Wink
I love the weirdos, it's like their from another planet.

Kiki scale... Laughing Weirdos deserves to be loves indeed Very Happy

rogerpgvg wrote:
Indeed, many turtles here. This scale nicely shows the diversity in turtles. Common cuckoos are surprisingly rare as models, good that Kaiyodo made one (it's a Kaiyodo, isn't it?) The hedgehogs are cute and the flying fox with plant is a stunning sculpture. Looking forward to seeing the Barbie dolls on your 1/6 shelf next time.

The Common cuckoos is an Animal Kingdom, which copied the Kaiyodo. It isn't the same mould, the Kaiyodo is smaller. The Animal Kingdom isn't a puzzle.
The Barbie floor will be shown next week-end Wink

Joliezac wrote:
Yay another scale topic! Seeing that large AAA lemur makes me want an IC one from Safari Laughing

Those freshwater and Kaiyodo fish are gorgeous, I love the colors and extra accessories on them.

Once again the Yujin reptiles are amazing.

I love the diversity and how you display your collection. Do you have photos of them grouped on your shelves in their respective places? I'd love to see that. I remember seeing pictures of your collection some time ago, but I'm sure it has grown much larger since then.

Thank you Jolie. Pictures of my displays are very old now. At the moment my displays are a bit of a work in progress. I've had a lot of work going on in my living room and I've had to turn my office upside down, where a good part of my collection is kept. I hope to be able to normalise the situation early next year, and I'll be taking photos as soon as I can. In the meantime, I intend to show all my scales before the end of the year.
This represents a good half of my collection. It's not really growing, I must be at just over 3,200 animals. There have been arrivals and departures over the years. The space available has shrunk in 2018 so I sometimes have to make choices if I want to continue with a collection out of boxes.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024 EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 1:51 am

Kikimalou wrote:

Japan: Kitan Club Bonin flying fox, Kaiyodo Japanese scops owl, Lidth's Jay, Okinawa rail and Ryukyu flying fox

Mammals

Birds

I really love the Bonin Flying Fox model, it's just so beautiful! That tiny little pink tongue out Razz

I've never seen the other fying fox, Ryukyu, before. It's very pretty indeed with the yellow collar and tie.

It's good to see all these mammal together to make comparisons.
And the birds as well.

Excellent as always Christophe, thank you!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024 EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 11:39 am

The Bonin Flying Fox is really cute, the Ryukyu flying fox is from the Kaiyodo Japanese Natural Treasures series which was a very prestigious series in the 2000's.

Mammals, birds cheers At last someone who doesn't focuse on turtles Laughing
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024 EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 11:53 am

Beautieful figures again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024 EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 2:01 pm

Thank you Andreas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024 EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 7:22 pm

Amazing models and photos! cheers Applause Applause

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024 EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 9:08 pm

Thank you Andrea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2024 3:47 am

Wow, beautiful pictures, cheers cheers cheers

I want the Fame Master Scarlet macaw.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2024 8:35 am

It’s a great macaw 🤗
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2024 10:10 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
The Common cuckoos is an Animal Kingdom, which copied the Kaiyodo. It isn't the same mould, the Kaiyodo is smaller. The Animal Kingdom isn't a puzzle.

I see, I wondered why you said Animal Kingdom.

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/5 shelf - updated September 28 2024
Page 1 of 1