Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My papo collection (updated september 2011)

Go down 
+20
Rio
Lasersword1973
remrock02
Suebeedo
SUSANNE
landrover
baltimore zoo
Kikimalou
ken yeo
Gabe
remowshake
Roger
WILLYBACOMAN
MartinH
aandmkw
Sergey
Kiryuha
Wildheart
HKHollinstone
Arrakai
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: the march adittions   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 8:16 pm

A few new papos arrived this month to :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This months additions are Ok, no more no less. Not some of the best papos, but I still like most of them. The roosters and squirrle are pretty nice :)

But I´m disapointed about the lynx. you are used to papos cats beeing close to perfect, but not this one No
Some parts of the body looks kind of nice, but I dont know, it looks a little wierd.

And the head Shocked IT`S COMPLETELY FLAT! (sorry for yelling Embarassed )
Not good at all papo, shame on you Evil or Very Mad

But at least I got a good laugh when I opened the package.

Have you ever seen anything this ugly Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:33 pm

Ha, ha, that bull is fun Laughing

Is it PAPO Shocked affraid

Please, please, will you send a close-up picture of that lynx ?

WOW; it is a cute bunch, congratulation flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:58 pm

Congratulations Anna, so many Papo! Waw! :)
I agree completly with you and it's nice to have not good opinions with our own figures! I don't like this lynx too, is completly bad balanced, has the old stile of Papo and the sizes are completly wrong! Papo is nice in big cats but not in small cats! :) About the farm figures I think that the new bulls and cows are great but I'm not the right person to talk about farm animals!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 10:29 pm

Congratulations Anna, I've never seen that bull before Surprised bounce

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 6:53 am

Congratulations Anna! I do own the Charolais Bull and buying this is to match with Schleich Charolais cow. Frankly speaking their early version of cow sculpting was not appealing at all. For 2010 releases is not bad.

the lynx is really bad and would like to suggest them to re-made a new version and completely unacceptable.

Arrakai

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 11:00 pm

Yes ladies and gentlemen, the ugly beige bull is accually Papo Laughing

I will try and post a closer pic of the lynx tomorrow, Susanne, I´m way to tired now Sleep

I agree with you, ken yeo, they should realy do another lynx, and focus a little more on the head.
I honestly dont get it, they are so good at bigger wild cats, why not the smaler scratch
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 8:36 am

I recommend a new custom paint job re do for the Charolais Bull : )
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

PostSubject: My new papo   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:22 pm

I managed to find myself some nice new papo last month, as I places a big order at modelpferdeversand.

As always, I have some mixed feelings when it comes to their horses, but the thoroughbreds I realy like, and the black/white shire is in my opinion on of the best papo horses (of the once I have seen)

The limosine cows are realy good, they have gotten much better in making cows, and the brown/white calf is realy cute. Now I only have to get his parents too Very Happy

I got some wildlife too, including the magnificent nile crocodile. It is accually a little smaler than I though, but wow, it looks good drunken

I´m accually happy with al the new wild animals I got, like the amazing angry tigress, but my favorites has to be the meerkats. I think these meerkats are the best I have ever seen, the sitting one is soo cool, and they all look very alive, much better than the schleich ones.
So if you like meerkats, and dont have the papo ones, buy them! cheers

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Oh oh, I really have to get those meerkats they are so real looking! Congratulations Anna cheers the Nile crocodile is a stunner isn't it, I was SO pleased with him when I bought it. bounce

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 11:21 pm

It's always a pleasure to see such nice figures in nice hands!
I also want these meercats and of course it is the 2nd best crocodile, I am the absolutly best! drunken tongue
It's curious, I love this crocodile, it's absolutly fantastic and dramatic but it is still not in my collection, very very expensive here! Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 11:32 pm

Congratulation Anna Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 11:37 pm

@Harriet; Yes, I can realy recomend the meerkats, they are amazing. And the croc. one word is enough.. wow Very Happy

@Roger; Ha ha, I guess you are right Laughing A while ago at a market, I found a litle plastic croc. when I saw it, I was a little confused. then, after a while it hit me... "Hey, I know that guy!" So I guess, now you are in my collection to Wink

Yes, I can see your problem with the croc. Here in sweden, it costs over 30 euro Shocked
But it was much cheaper at modelpferdeversand, "only" 11,50 euro, so I waited to order it until I places my order there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 11:37 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Congratulation Anna Very Happy

Thanx christophe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 11:57 pm

Arrakai wrote:
@Harriet; Yes, I can realy recomend the meerkats, they are amazing. And the croc. one word is enough.. wow Very Happy

@Roger; Ha ha, I guess you are right Laughing A while ago at a market, I found a litle plastic croc. when I saw it, I was a little confused. then, after a while it hit me... "Hey, I know that guy!" So I guess, now you are in my collection to Wink

Yes, I can see your problem with the croc. Here in sweden, it costs over 30 euro Shocked
But it was much cheaper at modelpferdeversand, "only" 11,50 euro, so I waited to order it until I places my order there Very Happy

Oooh! Incredible price this in Sweden! Here it is less than 20 but even expensive for me!
Yes, I am in your collection, I saw it in your huge topic in the bottom corner of a CollectA picture, curiously you haven't pictured me with the prehistoric figures! Thanks! :)
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:18 am

Roger wrote:
Arrakai wrote:

Oooh! Incredible price this in Sweden! Here it is less than 20 but even expensive for me!
Yes, I am in your collection, I saw it in your huge topic in the bottom corner of a CollectA picture, curiously you haven't pictured me with the prehistoric figures! Thanks! :)

Yes, most animal figurines are pretty pricey here in sweden Rolling Eyes

You didnt get in the prehistoric box ´cus I thought you looked more like a "regular" croc than a dinosaur
Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:25 am

Arrakai wrote:
Roger wrote:
Arrakai wrote:

Yes, most animal figurines are pretty pricey here in sweden Rolling Eyes

You didnt get in the prehistoric box ´cus I thought you looked more like a "regular" croc than a dinosaur
Wink Laughing

Plastic surgeries!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 1:01 am

The horses look so cool, could you please post some pics showing them in different angles?

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 6:23 am

Yes, that black and white Shire, from your photo looks like a very nice figure!
The Nile croc is gorgeous! I love mine! The skin texture and detail is awesome!
I like the meerkats as well, just too big for a savannah scene if placed with other figures.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 10:08 am

What a gorgeous batch, Anna cheers

And you got TWO of the old, dark Exmoor-ponies, wow Shocked
Judging from the catalogues they were only made in 2003, then they changed to the bay version Very Happy

I LOVE the older Papo-horses. They are very differnet from other horse models, full of detail and a tiny bit caricatures, stressing what is special about that kind of horse.

Ohh, I must have those meercats I love you drunken
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 10:13 am

When my mum bought me the Papo meerkats, they were sold separately by a collector in Greece and she only got 2 of them. Razz I am missing the crouching one.
I wonder how will I get it now.... question
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Arrakai wrote:
affraid oh my, 30euro?? I paid £9 for mine

Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 5:24 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Arrakai wrote:
affraid oh my, 30euro?? I paid £9 for mine

it really too much at 30 euro!!

The black shire horse is nice!!

Arrakai

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 3:21 pm

@Baltimore; The croc sure is great drunken
I agree that the meerkats are a bit big for a display with other animals, but just think how smal they would have to be for them to fit with for example an elephant Shocked

@Susanne; Thanx Very Happy I´m not sure I agree with you on the older papo´s. Sure, they might look a little cute, but most of them only look wired and funny to me Suspect

If any of you have an extra bay color of the old papo pony, I´m happy to trade with one of my dark ones Very Happy

@Wildheart; Ye, that might be tough. I dont know if they are sold seperatly anywhere scratch

@Harriet,ken yeo; At an online shop here in sweden, they sell the nile for 325 sek, and 1euro is about 9sek Rolling Eyes

yes, the shire is realy good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Here are the pics you wanted, sylobe;

enjoy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 3:37 pm

Arrakai wrote:

@Susanne; Thanx Very Happy I´m not sure I agree with you on the older papo´s. Sure, they might look a little cute, but most of them only look wired and funny to me Suspect

My grandad used to say : "Some like the mother, some like the daughter " cheers Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think they are far from cute, I think they are nearly little semi-abstract sculptures drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

My papo collection (updated september 2011)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next