Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 2020 Review

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

Schleich 2020 Review Empty
PostSubject: Schleich 2020 Review   Schleich 2020 Review EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 12:34 pm

Here we go again, will ofcourse be updated with pics once they are in the collection!

Jan - Jun

Farm Life

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
13894 American Shorthair Cat
First Impression: The anatomy is a bit crooked, but the colours are lovely. Yeah, I like her.
Second Opinion: The anatomy is iffy, but her colours give her some charm.
Verdict: A figure with pro's and cons. Overall charming and a good mix up of the stationary cats and the colours are very charming. But there are some big issues that prevent this model from really having that wow factor. I do like her.

13895 Rhodesian Ridgeback
First Impression: She is quite pretty and looks very alert. She is rather charming and I’ll likely fall for her once I see her in hand.
Second Opinion: She is indeed quite pretty, with some nice details. I like her, but she does not have that oomph to her.
Verdict: She is pretty, but not very special. Mostly well made, but she has a few flaws. I like her.

13896 English Cocker Spaniel
First Impression: What a cute fellow. I am very curious to see how big he is. He looks absolutely lovely!
Second Opinion: He is rather cute, but he looks a bit goofy, which takes away from his charm
Verdict: Not bad, but not as great as I anticipated. He is cute, but not cute enough to really convince me. I like him regardlessly.

13900 Turkey
First Impression: Whahaha, this lil dude looks so super funny. He’ll move in just for that reason.
Second Opinion: He looks so Donald Duck-y, but I am not at all put off by it!
Verdict: I am actually rather charmed with this figure. Yes he is rather toyish and looks like he is made by disney, but he has a certain je ne sais qua and I like him!

42500 Pen for Rabbit and Guinea Pigs
First Impression: We already know the lil bunbuns. I really want a good close up pic of the guinea pigs. They seem pretty neat, but I really wanted the spikey haired one’s.
Second Opinion: The guinea pigs are quite cute, not very special, but they turned out alright. On of the bunnies was a recolour, which I was happily surprised with
Verdict: I am pleased with the guinea pigs, they are cute and a nice addition to the story. But I am, to my own surprise much happier with the white baby bunny. Overall a very nice set

42501 Kitten Playpen
First Impression: The scratchpost looks neat. And look at that kitten with the raised paw. So cute!
Second Opinion: Overtly Meh set. The scratchpost is basic AF and the older version is defo better. The kitten is not too well made and overall I am disappointed.
Verdict: Surpreme disappointment, why did I buy this?

42502 Vet Clinic
First Impression: This has a lot of nice details and atributes and I believe the Haffi foal has a new colour too. I might get this one.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:
42503 Vet visiting the farm
First Impression: Not bad, but not my thing. None of the animals have a new paintjob either.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

Horseclub

13897 Black Forest Horse Stallion
First Impression: Holy Fak, what the henk happened to this poor animal? The base if surely recognisable. The colours make do, but that is all I can say for him.
Second Opinion: Nu-uh. No. The painting is clumsy, the white is too clean and the anatomy is horrendous. I only do like the sculpt of his mane. That is it.
Verdict: Oh no, oh gods no. Please, don't. Me no likey.

13898 Black Forest Horse Mare
First Impression: She ain’t half bad She might not live up to her predecessor's charm, but she looks more less mangled than her hubby and has quite a cute face.
Second Opinion: I actually am quite pleased with her. She is not perfect and has a few flaws, but I am not complaining.
Verdict: Her head is HUGE, and her paintjob is uneven, but she is very charming and rather cute. I quite like her.

13899 Black Forest Horse Foal
First Impression: Cute as a button!!!! His coat is babyfuzz and his face is very adorable.
Second Opinion: What a little cutie!!! One of my favs this year!
Verdict: He is scruffy and very sweet looking. I like him a lot. He does have some flaws and the paint job is of the same sloppiness as the stallion and mare, which is not at all the standart for this year, though...

13906 Friesian Mare
First Impression: What a beauty. She is grace and she is absolutely gorgeous. These wavey manes and tail are fabulous. She will be the first to move in.
Second Opinion: What a beauty indeed. She is easily my favourite and I really really love her. Shame she came in after a few of the other 2020 models xD
Verdict: She has a few flaws, like the braids in her feathering and the braid in her tail, but I am overall very pleased with her build and her details. She is my 2020 fav!

13907 Arabian Stallion
First Impression: N/A
Second Opinion: Wow, I had to be so careful not to take the older version with me hahaha.
Verdict: Eh, we already know this one, schleich, don't be lazy. The colour looks very nice though.

13908 Arabian Mare
First Impression: My feelings are mixed. The braids and here general awkwardness put me off. But she looks like she has a story to tell.
Second Opinion: I am actually kind of fond of her. She has a very characteristic look and she has a clear story to tell.
Verdict: She is far from a perfect model and has anatomical flaws, but somehow I am very pleased with her. She has a very clear story and a lot of charm. I really like her!

13909 Trakehner Gelding
First Impression: Lookie here, this is a neat one. A bit like CollectA isn’t he? He looks quite handsome and his action is very appealing.
Second Opinion: Very neat, very well sculpted. Reminds me a lot of the collecta haflinger mare. He is a very nice boy.
Verdict: Probably one of the better made models of this year. I really like him. Painting is good, sculpt is well made. Even the braid is not ugly. Very good.

13910 Knabstrupper Mare
First Impression: Is this Papo? She is not entirely unappealing, I like that she does not have the standard black man, but the rest of her is just so clumsy.
Second Opinion: She is actually really lovely. I like her colours and how gentle she looks. I like her a lot actually. She has a story and I will tell it.
Verdict: I like her a lot and I am very charmed with her.

13911 Akhal-Teke Stallion
First Impression: The first one I saw and I quite fell in love with him. He looks rather charming and I like how soft his colours are. And I am so weak for pink noses.
Second Opinion: Mr. Man is very lovely. He isn't as grand as some, but he is beautiful and I am quite fond of him.
Verdict: He is not at all breed comforming, but as a figure, he is lovely. I like.

13912 American Saddlebred Mare
First Impression: Gosh yes! This is a very lovely lady. She has a very nice pose and that pink nose I am weak for. I love her colours and the fact that it is a new breed.
Second Opinion: Yay, a new breed! I am very enamoured with her looks and her colours. She is very pretty and I love her.
Verdict: She is a very lovely lady indeed. She is not perfect, but I really love her and I very proud to have her on the shelf.

13913 American Saddlebred Gelding
First Impression: He is so handsome! I am so into him. His colours and pose work very well. I love him.
Second Opinion: Oh yes, this is a champ! Shame he has no balls, he would make a good breeding stud hahaha. I love how slender and graceful he is.
Verdict: Oh god yes! Defo one of my favs this year. He is so grand! I stan!

42441 Hannah’s Westernset
First Impression: Hannah in a new look. Yay. The horse, not so much. Her colours are very flat and I really am not into this mold.
Second Opinion: The colours are very flat and the mold is not very special. I am not adverse to the combo, though and of course she has a spot on the shelf.
Verdict: An okay figure, but that is the extend of it.

42443 Mia’s Aerobatics Set
First Impression: I think I quite like the two humans in their new outfits. I am very unsure about the horse. Not quite the charmer, but the colour could work.
Second Opinion: New characters for the story, yay. The stables needs more dudes hahaa. I am not too keen on the horse, still. The mold was already a meh one and the dapples don't really flatter her.
Verdict: Eh, not good, but not bad either.

Wild Life

14824 Giant Tortoise
First Impression: Not at all bad. Very nice details and a friendly look. He will certainly move in.
Second Opinion: He is quite nice. He has an elderly sort of charm and is rather well made.
Verdict: I like him, he has great details and an elderly charm.

14831 Hippopotamus Calf
First Impression: What a fudging cutie. Looks rather donald ducky but very appealing none the less. This one will definately move in.
Second Opinion: Look at this happy camper! He is rather Disney styles, but I am very contend with him.
Verdict: A happy lil cutie. I love him!

14832 Dromedary
First Impression: Not all bad. The anatomy especially the head isn’t too terrible, but the colours are far too bright.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

14833 Red Panda
First Impression: Very cute and not really inaccurate. It is a good design, I quite like the pose. This one is defo gona move in.
Second Opinion: A very adorable and fluffy looking lil lady. The eyes are horrendous, but that is the only complaint I have about her.
Verdict: SO SUPER CUTE!!!!

14834 Wombat
First Impression: Is that the quoakka's face? Save for the face that looks photoshopped one, he don’t look bad. He’ll move in.
Second Opinion: It does no seem the quoakka's face, upon closer inspection. He is a chonker tho.
Verdict: Eh, nice to have, but not really special. He nice but not outstanding.

14835 Hammerhead Shark
First Impression: Eh… I am pretty neutral on this one. Not bad, but not at all interesting to me either.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

14836 Orka Calf
First Impression: Looks a lot like the adult. They’ll make a nice duo. Although this one looks a bit more toyish due to the friendly face.
Second Opinion: Eh, he's fine. A bit toyish and made of slightly softer material, but fine.
Verdict: Cute and a good story telling device. I do like him.

14837 Reindeer
First Impression: He looks so unimpressed haha. Rather toyish, but I quite like his colours and his expression. He can come on over.
Second Opinion: This one looks a bit less miffed, but still quite toyish. He is very charming and I like him a lot.
Verdict: Yes, a cute and okay model, I like.

14838 Snow Leopard
First Impression: Mixed feelings. I like the colours and the face, but the pose is so static and the feet are plain old weird.
Second Opinion: Anatomically not very smooth, but he got that pouch and the colours are well done.
Verdict:  50/50. I like the species and some details are well done, where other things are just straight up clumsy. I do like him tho.

42475 Big Rescue Truck
First Impression: Not a bad set. It has some nice details. Not my thing, but not bad.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42476 Rescue Helicoper
First Impression: Questionable ethics are present. The chopper should have a loading area for the animals. And do I spy not only a new lion but also the old hippo calf?
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42504 Hyena Attack
First Impression: Nice beginners sat, but I know all these models already.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

Dinosaurs

15018 Postosuchus
First Impression: A cross between bad ass and complete derp. I am gona need to see him in hand before I know if I want him.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

15020 Cryolophosaurus
First Impression: Gosh no, that colour is gastly. I know nothing about this dino, so no featback on the shape.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

15021 Agustinia
First Impression: An okay dino, but I really do not like those colours.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

15022 Baryonyx
First Impression: Eh, an okay paintjob on an awkward shape, not my thing at all.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

15023 Ankylosaurus
First Impression: The proof that schleich still has it, good details, nice pose, colours well applied. I want this one!
Second Opinion: Oh yeah, best made model this year hands down. Everything works. Very very good!
Verdict: Props to the dinosaur sculptor, because they are very good at this dinosaur type! Amazing model!

Eldrador

42510 Blizzard Bear
First Impression: Gnarly as heck. I love it and it will defo move in. This beast has a great story and I plan on recording it!
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42511 Fire Eagle
First Impression: Great Googely Moogely, what a fabulous beats. I am very pleased with this development and I cannot wait to have him.
Second Opinion: Bigger than I expected to be, he looks a bit more toyish in hand, but he is fabulous al the same.
Verdict: What! A! Fantastic! Beast!

Bayala

70590 Flower Pegasus
First Impression:I have very mixed feelings on her. Her general look is so intricate and fabulous. But those wings look like chewed up plaques of gum. They would have done with another colour. She will move in tho.
Second Opinion: She has a lot of very interesting details that could have been done so lazily. This could have been a strong and fabulous model, but instead she looks unfinished. Yes, I like her, but she sure leaves room for improvement
Verdict: Nice, but could have been done better.

70591 Flower Unicorn Foal
First Impression: Looks more what Papo to me. But I really like it. The colours works and it looks like a personable young animal with a neat tale.
Second Opinion: She is really sweet looking and quite well made. She does remind a little bit of Papo, but everything about her comes well together.
Verdict: Very nice, I like her a lot!

70592 Flower Dragon and young
First Impression: Overtly kiddy and comicy. They barely pass for genuine Dragons. Meh!
Second Opinion: Very kiddy and toyish. But they are fun looking and I still fell for them.
Verdict: Meh, but okay meh.

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm

Last edited by Gwaine on Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2020 Review   Schleich 2020 Review EmptyWed May 20, 2020 9:24 am

Farm Life

13930 Chihuahua
First Impression: Whahaha, it looks like an alien. Come to think of it, it reminds me of ET. But it looks very happy, so it might move in.
Second Opinion: I love her! She is lovely from ugliness. I want to hold her and take care of her. She has a story and I love her!
Verdict: This hill I shall stand on!

13931 Shit Zu mix
First Impression: Oh gosh no, not the face. The fur looks like out of focus pasta. This is not okay. I am not okay. I want to go home!
Second Opinion: Cute, not bad, but most certainly not very good. I don't hate it, but it still looks like out of focus pasta.
Verdict: One Shih Tzu bolognaise, please.

13932 Siamese
First Impression: Very Disney, not very Siamese. I’d sooner call it a Burmese. I do like her, the colours are quite nice and so is the posture. Only the expression is wack.
Second Opinion: Wow, she is big! The colours are a bit flat and she looks very dopey, but my god, she is huge.
Verdict: Okayish, that is all I give her.

Wild Life

42505 Lionness with cubs
First Impression: Oooh white lions. The kids are okay, they look a bit derpy but otherwise fine. The lioness looks very beautiful in white.
Second Opinion: Oh my, these are so lovely. The mother is graceful in while and the cubs are adorable. Especially the smaller standing cub, I adore him. He is one of my favs now. Their eyes are a bit dopey, but otherwise, they are so precious!
Verdict: Lovely, precious and good!

42506  Tortoise home
First Impression: Look at those little torties!!! I love them already. They are tiny and cute and detailed and even mama is cute. I can’t wait for these to move in!
Second Opinion: Heck Yes! This is so well done. The tiny turts are so detailed and nicely made. I am so pleased with these wee things!
Verdict: I STAN

72156 Golden Lion Special
First Impression: He looks so dang proud of himself, haahah. It is a good item for a celebration. I will probably get it ^^.
Second Opinion: Oooh so shiney. He does not look half bad and is a nice story telling device. I like!
Verdict: Happy 85th Schleich!

Horseclub

42466 Horse Show
First Impression: An understandable addition to the current horseclub play world. I understand that it is not very interesting for most collectors, also. I will of course, get it, eventually. I am not against the buckskin horse, but am not too convinced with the grey horse. The girls faces are straight up scary and I am indifferent about the accessories for the most part.

42467 Carriage
First Impression: I am quite charmed with this set. A cute lil buggy and the accessories are cute and the two animals are charming in white.  

42463 Accessories for the Horse Show
First Impression: We already know this~

42464 Jewelry for the Horse Show
First Impression: It’s cutesy, but not bad. I might get it, just to have it.

Bayala

[Jul]

42508 Eyela riding on golden unicorn
First Impression: Oh this mold looks nice in gold. If only they would have removed the cutiemark, this would have been a most appealing lady. The saddle is removable, which I like. Eyela looks a bit derpy, but overall, I am down for this.
Second Opinion: Oooh, she is a sweet lil looker. She is not the great personality some of her herd mates are, but she is pretty and she has a lovely little story.
Verdict: She does not have the wow factor I thought she had, but she is lovely all the same.

42509 Mermaid riding on sea unicorn
First Impression: That Mermaid looks hecking evil! The mare’s colours are quite nice, but her energy is also a bit eerie. The saddle is removable, which I like.

42520 Marweens animal playschool
First Impression: SO CUUUUTE. Those wee baby dragons and the whole shape of the thing. It is so cute and I am so here for it. I know no collectors will be very keen on it, but I am so charmed with all the little cute things.

70593 Mermaid Feya riding underwater unicorn
First Impression: Oh this is an interesting model. The scales on the unicorn are quite interesting. This is a story waiting to be told and I am here for it! The mermaid and the crab are very meh. The unicorn is interestingly shaped and the details are very nice, though.
Second Opinion: She is a bit humbler than I thought she would be, but she is lovely in her silvery colour and her story is one I am keen to explore.
Verdict: She is so interesting, I love her!  

70594 Mermaid Eyela riding underwater horse
First Impression: Y E S !!! This is one magnificent Hippocampus! The shape is great and the details are wonderful. The mermaid is disappointing, but otherwise, I cannot wait for this great beast to move in!
Second Opinion: OH YES! This is such an imaginative creature. He is beautiful, well sculpted, well coloured and with beautiful details. I love him!
Verdict: HECK YES

70712 Antylar
First Impression: I don’t have an intrinsic problem with this LSD trip of a dragon. I just think it should not be attached to the name of an absolute masterpeace. That is all.

70711 Ophyra and Munin
First Impression: I like the wings and the dress, but that is all about that.

70710 Puih, Nugur and Lykos
First Impression: Piuh and Nugur are shoddy work, me no like. But Lykos looks very nice and I will probably get this shet sheerly because of that wolf.

Eldrador

42497 Attack on Ice Fortress
First Impression: Oh My Fudge YES. I am so loving this. Look at that saber, he is so awesome! I am so getting this one! I might give the croco to my nephew if he is not cool enough in hand, but the saber defo stays, as does the fortress, it is so cool!

42512 Monster gorilla
First Impression: I have never been into big primates, so I am not really hype about this one. The vines are done shoddily and I am not sure why it has crystals growing out when it is a plant elemental, but hey...

42513 Plant Monster
First Impression: WHAHAHAHA, this looks like a 90’s cartoon villain. It looks like it has two rotation points. As ridiculous as it looks, it would make a fun story telling prop, so I might actually get it.

70144 Jungle creature
First Impression: Tis Gnarly! What a beast. I will most certainly get this one. The colours, the shape, this design works!

Dinosaurs

41462 Large dino research station  
First Impression: The Jurassic Park craze has reached schleich and I am not down for it. Of course it will attract a lot of kids, but I am not down for the whole carestation thing. Otherwise it is too toyish, the colours and design are too basic. Too playmobil.

41464 Off-road vehicle with dino outpost
First Impression: No, just … no, come on Schleich, I know you can do much better than this!

41465 Tyrannosaurus Rex attack
First Impression: Someone is going to get eeeeaaten! I might actually get it just for the smurf- I mean stegosaurus.

41466 Quad escape from Velociraptor
First Impression: That velociraptor just looks nasty somehow. Not a fan schleich, not a fan.

Advent

98063 Advent Calendar Farm World 2020
First Impression: That Donkey sneaks into every Farm Life Calendar doesn’t he? I’m okayish with the line up of animals and might get it. The pony and the schnauzer will move in.

98064 Advent Calendar Dinosaurs 2020
First Impression: Those dinosaurs are too blandly coloured. This is good for young boys but that is about it. Bleh.

98269 Advent Calendar Horse Club 2020
First Impression: Everybody do the Conga~ I am beginning to grow such a line of the Trakehner foal ahhaha. The mare does look lovely in light grey and I am very eager to have that kitten and the squirrel.
Second Opinion:The mare looks lovely in grey indeed, the foal is a bit meh though. I wish Schleich would be a bit more creative with their advent calendars. I do love the lil squirrel tho.
Verdict: Everybody do the conga!

~
~

My Instagram: tessa.b.storm

Last edited by Gwaine on Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:55 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2020 Review   Schleich 2020 Review EmptyWed May 20, 2020 9:38 am

I agree about your opinions on the voted pets and the Eldrador

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2020 Review   Schleich 2020 Review EmptyWed May 20, 2020 1:36 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2020 Review   Schleich 2020 Review EmptyWed May 20, 2020 8:01 pm

As Friesians are popular, I'm sure someone will show me this new model compared with the memorable 2010 grandfather. They really should avoid this Arabian stallion and the mare in terms of idea, reminds the old Andalusian. I agree the Trakehner bear some similarities with the CollectA Hanoverian but I think it was not even inspired on that figure.
I also enjoy the saddlebred boy, maybe because it looks a delicate model with an extreme tail but surely not as remarkable as the Tennessee Walker, which one I mean? Wink
It's great that they bring back the wonderful Akhal-Teke horse breed but I have to agree with you, the figure is absolutely not identifiable to the breed and I confess it is something that removes the interest of a figure, for me, of course, even if the result is pleasing to the eye. It is a pity once their first model was easily identifiable. I wished they could reuse that older mould and bring a special edition in golden colour instead of T-rexes and popular things like these.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2020 Review   Schleich 2020 Review EmptyThu May 21, 2020 2:13 am

Thankyou very, very much for sharing pictures as well as your great comments cheers Applause cheers

Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2020 Review   Schleich 2020 Review EmptyThu May 21, 2020 6:54 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou very, very much for sharing pictures as well as your great comments cheers Applause cheers

Glad it can please ^^

~
~