Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds

Go down 
+4
Roger
widukind
Kikimalou
VexVamp
8 posters
AuthorMessage
VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds Empty
PostSubject: AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds   AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 4:59 am

I got the cub from this set as a kid on a school field trip to the zoo, and at the time thought it was an African lion cub. Only recently did I discover that it was meant to be a cougar, and found out that there were parents to go with it. I managed to track down the parents on Ebay, but am still looking for the other cub from this set. If anyone has one for sale or trade, please let me know.

Anyway, I really enjoy this set, and I think these guys are definitely some of AAA's nicer feline figures. True, they're missing their muzzle stripes, and I'm not exactly sure why their ears are blue, but that could be easily fixed if you wanted to. I personally don't like to paint my figures unless they're very easy to replace, and honestly it doesn't bother me enough for me to want to. Even if they aren't perfect, I still think these are beautiful figures, and especially love how dense and heavy they feel. It makes them very easy to set up for photographs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by VexVamp on Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds   AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 8:08 am

AAA models are often too big for me but they have their own charm. Which one is the male ?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds   AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 8:23 am

Nice pics again :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds   AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 12:36 pm

I remember these pumas since I started collecting. Someone presented on forum, probably 10 years ago, a wonderful outdoors picture of that female puma. Those are beautiful pieces indeed. I also find the AAA pumas much nicer than their lions or tigers. I will post them at the Toy Animal Wiki, we only have there a cougar different from these. I also hope you can find the remaining cub.

Kikimalou wrote:
AAA models are often too big for me but they have their own charm. Which one is the male ?

The male is the walking one. That represents a male quietly going away as soon as he finds a cub around. Wink

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds   AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 4:00 am

widukind wrote:
Nice pics again :)

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds   AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 4:02 am

Roger wrote:
I remember these pumas since I started collecting. Someone presented on forum, probably 10 years ago, a wonderful outdoors picture of that female puma. Those are beautiful pieces indeed. I also find the AAA pumas much nicer than their lions or tigers. I will post them at the Toy Animal Wiki, we only have there a cougar different from these. I also hope you can find the remaining cub.

Kikimalou wrote:

The male is the walking one. That represents a male quietly going away as soon as he finds a cub around. Wink

Yes, I think these figures look quite a bit better than some of their larger cats, especially the more mass produced and recolored ones. I think the one AAA cougar previously on the wiki is just the female from a different angle and in different lighting.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds   AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 4:04 am

Kikimalou wrote:

These are fortunately a lot smaller than some of their other models, but still quite large. Thankfully I had a gaping hole in the cougar section of my shelf that needed to be filled.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds   AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 1:39 pm

VexVamp wrote:

Yes, I think these figures look quite a bit better than some of their larger cats, especially the more mass produced and recolored ones. I think the one AAA cougar previously on the wiki is just the female from a different angle and in different lighting.

You're right, I fixed it. Very Happy

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds   AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 8:01 am

Roger wrote:
VexVamp wrote:

Cool! You're also free to add my AAA tiger cub if you like. I just picked up another cub from that set (the sitting one with its tongue out) which I'll post a turnaround of soon. I really need to make a big post with my AAA animals to help fill in the gaps, since I have quite a few that aren't yet documented.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds   AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 1:24 pm

VexVamp wrote:
Roger wrote:
VexVamp wrote:

Cool! You're also free to add my AAA tiger cub if you like. I just picked up another cub from that set (the sitting one with its tongue out) which I'll post a turnaround of soon. I really need to make a big post with my AAA animals to help fill in the gaps, since I have quite a few that aren't yet documented.

That's great! I've just added your tiger cub to the wiki. Actually, AAA is probably the biggest nightmare when editing the wiki, there are loads of figures and little documentation. We tried several layouts to sort everything and it never worked. Recently, inspite of series, we are using little groups of animals to see if we can manage it. It helped a lot with some groups where we listed almost everything we know. Though, the wild cats group is gigantic and it seems there are several sizes: standard, large, jumbo and small. Each figure is often used to represent different species or color versions. It is also important to find different names to every single figure based on their sizes, colors and poses and it is really difficult to keep the work coerent. I will try to list every wild cats I know in that page of the wiki. I hope people continue posting their AAA figures at STS because that's the only way to get everything done. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds   AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 3:50 pm

Only for reference, I am adding here the official picture of the AAA cougar cub not pictured here.
Its product number is 96552R while the playing one above is 96552L. Size is 3 inches, about 7,5 cm.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds   AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 10:22 pm

Where can I find one of the large pumas/cougars?
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds   AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 6:33 am

Birdsage wrote:
Where can I find one of the large pumas/cougars?

I found mine from random people selling them used on Ebay. A lot of AAA figures pop up pretty irregularly.
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds   AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 10:09 am

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Jimmy Chen

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds   AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 3:20 pm

I always put the two AAA pumas with AAA lion pride to imagine they are juvenile lions. Looks not bad.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds   AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 3:29 pm

poor pumas.. they look unquiet! pale
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds   AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 3:35 pm

surely it doesn't look bad but since pumas are rarer then lions won't they get mad at you and ask you to get them back to mountain lions as before?Wink

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds   AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 5:47 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds   AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds Empty

Back to top Go down

AAA Cougar / Mountain Lion / Puma Family Walkarounds
Page 1 of 1