Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal!

Go down 
+4
bjarki12
Pardofelis
widukind
Joliezac
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal! Empty
PostSubject: BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal!   BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 11:45 pm

I recently made some orders: two cats from BEAUTY of BEASTS and a bharal from Signatus Studio. The cats arrived today with the bharal arriving about a week ago so I thought I would put all three here!

First is the beautiful male bharal or Himalayan blue sheep by Miguel. I purchased this figure to go along with my snow leopard that I bought from BEAUTY of BEASTS. With snow leopards being one of my favorite animals, and all time favorite feline, I wanted to give them their favorite prey for photographs.

This bharal is sculpted and painted beautifully. I love his dramatic pose and small goat-like eyes. He will be perfect just on his own in the mountains, or with a snow leopard stalking from behind Laughing
I am also very pleased with his size. He is not too large or too small. My friend will be painting/resculpting some goats into a female and baby bharal for me, so I am very excited to get a trio of these guys!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here he is with some other mountain animals: Schleich alpine ibex, CollectA Himalayan tahr, Schleich mouflon, and Schleich chamois

Next up is the absolutely STUNNING snow leopard model by Qingyu. I was speechless when I opened him up today and I love this model so much. The seller was so kind to paint green eyes on the snow leopard for me rather than the golden colored ones shown in the photos. I am so happy to finally have a figure that lives up to the real animal! with a beautifully detailed coat, large paws, long thick tail, and sagging fur around the stomach, this model is by far the best feline I now own and might possibly be my new favorite figure in my entire collection. I settled on the name Skagen for him, as it was the name of a snow leopard from the book series "Bears of the Ice". I am super excited to bring him along with me skiing in the winter where I can hopefully get many beautiful pictures of him with my bharals  bounce He is definitely going to need a personal box with lots of padding for the trip!

Here is a comparison photo with Skagen next to my formerly favorite snow leopard figure, Vijay, made by Papo.
Next to the CollectA cubs
Here is Skagen with all my other snow leopards made by Safari, CollectA, Schleich, and Papo. I love Skagen's size because he is not too small but not huge to where his prey will look puny.

I admit that I am not too sure how large a male bharal would be in relation to a snow leopard but I think their sizes work very well together regardless. I might have to go back and rewatch some snow leopards hunting because I know I have seen many clips of them eating bharals before  scratch

And lastly, here is the fierce cougar also made by Qingyu! I was very excited to get this model also because frankly I am not too pleased with any of the cougar models out these days. I have the two Papo ones and have seen the Mojo and Safari one, and I'm really not too impressed with any of them. I feel like a cougar should be easy to recreate but maybe I am just picky...
Anyways! The texture of the fur on this model is amazing and I love the growling face it was given. I really would like to purchase a CollectA horse and try to take some photos to recreate the scene from "Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron" where Spirit had to defend two young fillies from a cougar  Laughing My friend purchased the red variation of the cougar so when we go on vacation together we will be taking photos with them together.

Here you can see the cougar next to the Papo ones and there really just isn't a comparison between them, I love how this model is much larger.

And next to Skagen you can see the cougar is decently larger, which I actually thought cougars were smaller but I was very wrong  Shocked I guess I figured they were smaller because I remembered them being part of the small cat family.

If you would like any more photos or comparisons with other models I'd be happy to provide them! Hopefully next month I will be getting some outdoor photographs of the cougar (who I still need a name for  scratch ), and the Skagen will get some pictures this upcoming winter  cheers I really would LOVE to add Qingyu's absolutely gorgeous Amur leopard to my collection also.. Hopefully I can save up some funds because Amur leopards are just so beautiful and a second favorite of mine next to the snow leopard.
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal!   BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal! EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 7:36 am

Phantastic figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal!   BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal! EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 7:56 am

Three absolutely unbeatable perfections. The bharal together with Spanish ibex is my favourite JM Aparicio's sculpture. The feline faces are in both species zillion times better than every one of the branded ones done ever.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
bjarki12

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal!   BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal! EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 1:51 pm

Those cats are outstanding! Congratulations, and thanks for sharing the pictures!
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal!   BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal! EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 2:49 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
Three absolutely unbeatable perfections. The bharal together with Spanish ibex is my favourite JM Aparicio's sculpture. The feline faces are in both species zillion times better than every one of the branded ones done ever.

Thank you! I completely agree. I didn't know there was a Spanish ibex, must not be available anymore. I bet that really is a gorgeous figure too!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal!   BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal! EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 8:34 pm

The Bharal and the Cougar are stunning!!!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal!   BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal! EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 7:37 pm

You make AMAZING models cheers

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal!   BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal! EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 8:17 pm

Really stunning figures, congrats on all 3!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal!   BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal! EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 10:59 pm

They really are stunning! cheers I love the snow leopard, the texture looks so thick and fluffy like real fur and the head is unbeatable! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal!   BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal! Empty

Back to top Go down

BEAUTY of BEASTS & Signatus Studio Walkarounds: Snow Leopard, Cougar, & Bharal!
Page 1 of 1