Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion

Go down 
+18
skysthelimit
Master_Cat
baltimore zoo
HKHollinstone
Gabe
sphyrna18
ken yeo
Vivien
widukind
Taylcoel
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
scot(t)
Kristie
Sergey
animalluvr6
Roger
Chris Sweetman
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion Empty
PostSubject: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012 - 0:17

Just love the modelling and the pose on this figure. Model number is 50046 and it was first issued in 2008.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Papo Puma 50046 1 by Chris*4, on Flickr

Papo Puma 50046 2 by Chris*4, on Flickr

Papo Puma 50046 3 by Chris*4, on Flickr

Papo Puma 50046 4 by Chris*4, on Flickr

Enjoy Very Happy

Chris cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012 - 0:45

That's a great figure although many people don't like it. It is one of my first Papo additions and I enjoy the small head although in a first glance it also looked a little small for me. You know, modern toys are almost always made with large heads and sometimes is hard to get correctly some proportions. What I like most in that figure is that it is a puma while the Schleich one is a domestic cat! Laughing
Thanks for showing, Chris! :) cat

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012 - 0:46

Thanks for sharing Chris! Hes on my wishlist Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012 - 1:52

...I like this model. I,ve bought two at once! Laughing Wink

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012 - 1:54

I really like him and your pictures are wonderful! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012 - 4:11

I think this is a beautifully sculpted figure and your pictures are great, Chris. Thank you for sharing them.

I confess when I first saw this figure in person, I was startled by how small it is. (However if one can't learn to live with a deal of variations in the scale of these figures, then there is pretty much nothing but disappointment ahead. So I got over it.)

It would be interesting to do a more detailed comparison between the Papo and the Safari. (I agree with Roger that the Schleich Puma is not one of their better efforts, but the Safari figure seems strong to me. Harriet's repainted version is wonderful.)
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012 - 4:20

(p.s. Chris, I love the shots of the VW models on your flickr page. I owned two VW buses (not concurrently) between the ages of 16 and 24.)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012 - 7:54

Very good pics of a very good model, Chris, thank you Very Happy .

I'm a PAPO puma lover too, like Roger I dislike too big head animals and I especially love the pose of this one. I wish PAPO would make a Jaguar as good as this one Cool
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012 - 8:58

Thankyou for these great close-ups, Chris sunny

Funny, - I never really noticed this little beauty Embarassed
Now comparing him to your pictures, I can see that mine is not nearly as nicely painted, esp in the face.
Amazing how much the paintwork means, - like we see in the repaint from Harriet Very Happy

Welll....then perhaps I have one more papo variant to look for now Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Taylcoel

Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012 - 21:50

WOW! it is so detailed, i thought the first photo was real! Embarassed

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012 - 23:15

Roger wrote:
That's a great figure although many people don't like it. It is one of my first Papo additions and I enjoy the small head although in a first glance it also looked a little small for me. You know, modern toys are almost always made with large heads and sometimes is hard to get correctly some proportions. What I like most in that figure is that it is a puma while the Schleich one is a domestic cat! Laughing
Thanks for showing, Chris! :) cat

Hi Roger, like you I love this one! Wink

animalluvr6 wrote:
Thanks for sharing Chris! Hes on my wishlist Very Happy

You are welcome Kelsey. I hope you find one soon.

Sergey wrote:
...I like this model. I,ve bought two at once! Laughing Wink

Well Sergey if you like a model very much then owning two the best way to go! cheers

Kristie wrote:
I really like him and your pictures are wonderful! :)

-Kristie

Thank you Kristie. Very Happy

scot(t) wrote:
I think this is a beautifully sculpted figure and your pictures are great, Chris. Thank you for sharing them.

I confess when I first saw this figure in person, I was startled by how small it is. (However if one can't learn to live with a deal of variations in the scale of these figures, then there is pretty much nothing but disappointment ahead. So I got over it.)

It would be interesting to do a more detailed comparison between the Papo and the Safari. (I agree with Roger that the Schleich Puma is not one of their better efforts, but the Safari figure seems strong to me. Harriet's repainted version is wonderful.)

Scott, I prefer models to be in relative scale such as Britains. However, like yourself if there is an animal figure that sets my heart pounding then I buy it whatever size it is! Wink BTW that Harriet repaint is truly awesome!

scot(t) wrote:
(p.s. Chris, I love the shots of the VW models on your flickr page. I owned two VW buses (not concurrently) between the ages of 16 and 24.)

Thanks for viewing these images Scott. My wife and I owned a T2 camper until the mid 1990's. She actually owned it long before I met her. Very Happy

Kikimalou wrote:
Very good pics of a very good model, Chris, thank you Very Happy .

I'm a PAPO puma lover too, like Roger I dislike too big head animals and I especially love the pose of this one. I wish PAPO would make a Jaguar as good as this one Cool

I agree Christophe some of the modern companies accentuate head sizes and leg thickness as well.

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou for these great close-ups, Chris sunny

Funny, - I never really noticed this little beauty Embarassed
Now comparing him to your pictures, I can see that mine is not nearly as nicely painted, esp in the face.
Amazing how much the paintwork means, - like we see in the repaint from Harriet Very Happy

Welll....then perhaps I have one more papo variant to look for now Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Susanne, after being taken by the pose of this model I was spell bound by the intricate painting. Luckily I had a few to chose from but I think all the versions I saw were equal.

Taylcoel wrote:
WOW! it is so detailed, i thought the first photo was real! Embarassed

Thank you Coel - glad you liked the images.

Many thanks everyone for all your wonderful comments. Very Happy

Chris cat
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptyTue 1 May 2012 - 0:53

Nice puma!! Congratulations!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptyTue 1 May 2012 - 14:37

Congratulations,Chris. cheers cheers Wonderful photos. cat cheers cheers
I could never decide if I should get the Papo or the Safari one... scratch

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptyTue 1 May 2012 - 15:11

Vivien wrote:

That's a hard decision, Vivien! I think it is more a question of taste! flower
Mojo in their FB 2013 preview list of releases is promising a puma for 2013! Considering how nice is the lynx maybe it will worth to wait! bounce cat

Christophe has in his website this little Colorata atacking Schleich Dinoman! affraid cat monkey

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptyTue 1 May 2012 - 23:35

widukind wrote:
Nice puma!! Congratulations!! cheers cheers cheers

Thank you Andreas. cheers

Vivien wrote:

Vivien, usually in this dilemma I end up buying both! lol!

Glad you like the images. Wink

Chris cat
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptySat 5 May 2012 - 19:02

Chris Sweetman wrote:

Vivien wrote:

Vivien, usually in this dilemma I end up buying both! lol!

Glad you like the images. Wink

Chris cat
That could be another possibility Very Happy Laughing Laughing

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptySat 5 May 2012 - 19:04

[quote="Roger"]
Vivien wrote:

Mojo in their FB 2013 preview list of releases is promising a puma for 2013! Considering how nice is the lynx maybe it will worth to wait! bounce cat

Roger,I completely forgot that Mojo will launch a puma in 2013 Shocked Very Happy Thanks for reminding me flower I'll probably end up buying all three models. Rolling Eyes

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptySat 5 May 2012 - 23:44

[quote="Vivien"]
Roger wrote:
Vivien wrote:

Roger,I completely forgot that Mojo will launch a puma in 2013 Shocked Very Happy Thanks for reminding me flower I'll probably end up buying all three models. Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Me too, probably I'll get the Safari mountain lion and Mojo cougar to join to my Papo puma! geek flower flower

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptySun 6 May 2012 - 5:40

Congratulations,Chris! I like your 3rd photo. I am a Papo Puma lover too! despite of being small. But the details is one of the best.

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptySun 6 May 2012 - 21:38

With Chris's fantastic pictures of the Papo Puma and Harriet's wonderful before and after pictures of her repainted Safari on her blog, there isn't a need for any more photos. But I thought a side-by-side comparison picture of the two might be useful to some. This is just intended to be a very (very) modest contribution.

The Papo is quite a bit smaller -- not only smaller than the Safari, but also smaller than the other big cats by Papo. Looking at the picture, I'm noticing that the color of the Papo is quite nice and I prefer it to the Safari in that respect. They are both excellent figures and I for one am extremely happy to have both.

If indeed Mojo will be releasing a Puma next year, that is wonderful news. I love these creatures. (I grew up calling them 'Cougars', I don't know why I use 'puma' now.)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptySun 6 May 2012 - 23:30

That's a great contribution for the topic, Scott! Thanks! :)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptySun 6 May 2012 - 23:56

thanks Roger! I originally had planned on posting a picture I took of the Noah's Pals Kinkajous overpowering the little Papo Puma, but decided that would not be quite as helpful. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptyMon 7 May 2012 - 20:13

scot(t) wrote:
thanks Roger! I originally had planned on posting a picture I took of the Noah's Pals Kinkajous overpowering the little Papo Puma, but decided that would not be quite as helpful. Very Happy

Laughing The mighty kinkajous! affraid affraid Laughing Why not to post it? scratch

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptyMon 7 May 2012 - 20:58

Roger wrote:
scot(t) wrote:

Laughing The mighty kinkajous! affraid affraid Laughing Why not to post it? scratch

"The Mighty Kinkajous!" indeed.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion EmptyMon 7 May 2012 - 21:54

Ahahah! ... and you didn't wanted to post that picture? These kinkajous have the tipical evil looking of Noah's figures! Laughing
They are cute indeed but no problem at all once kinkajous are cute anyway. I hope someday add these creatures to my collection, thanks for the funny picture! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next