Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gwaine's Schleich Review

Go down 
+10
Rakel
Roger
Farm collector
Bonnie
Advicot
pipsxlch
spacelab
RtasVadumee
SUSANNE
Megaptera
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 9:56 pm

Despite not being Schleich's best, she still is a lovely model and it's very interesting to read what you say about her! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 10:29 pm

70417 Antylar
Drogon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This figure the first dragon in the Bayala line, although they are not the first dragon schleich has made. They are the first mythical creature in the Bayala line and an absolute master piece. They were debuted in 2009 and retired in 2011. A very unfortunate short run time. This model was recoloured in 2012 for Muller as a limited edition. The figure in my collection was made in china.
I got them along with the Faraun figure on Marktplaats for dirt cheap. I remember unpacking them in my grandmother's old house. I was so happy I finally found them for a nice price.

+ They are quite huge!
+ Their pose is so interesting
+ All the magnificent details!!!

- Short runtime
- Horrible LSD Nightmare for a replacement
- Not enough amazing photo angles

Overall Opinion: What a work of art this beast is. They are so majestic and magnificent. All the details work right and the colour palette is well balanced. They are one of Schleich's very master pieces that just can never be matched. This greatness one can no longer find. I miss it. Antylar is amazing in every single way. Such a shame they retired so soon!
Currently this big friend is in storage, but I hope to display them again soon. They will have a place of honour!

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 2:59 am

I really love my Antylar also! It is truly a masterpiece. I paid a fair bit for mine but it is well worth it.
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 5:37 pm

16252 Threadfin Butterfly Fish
Merle

This figure is Schleich's Threadfin Butterfly fish. It is the second figure in the Coral Fish series. This model was debuted in 2001 and retired in 2002. This is a very short run time, which is unfortunate for such a nice model. The model in my collection was made in Portugal.
I traded this model recently with another dutch collector via this forum. I am very thankful for her ^^.

+ She is so big!
+ Lovely shaping
+ Wonderful colour balance

- Short run time
- Does not blend well with other models
- Rather rare to find

Overall Opinion: A little piece of art. Schleich does not make sea life such as this any more. It has a good balance and is very well shaped. The colours are modest and work well. It is a lovely and modest figurine, despite it's size.
Currently she is on the shelf with other unsorted Schleich animals and I hope to soon move her to a separate sealife shelf.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 12:10 pm

13115 Hanovarian Foal
Nerv

This is schleich's first Hanoverian foal and also first figure of the Hanoverian breed. This figure was debuted in 1995 and was retired in 2003. This is a very descent run time. The figure in my collection was made in Germany.
I can't recall if I found this little one on Marktplaats or ebay. No grand story here, at least.

+ A cute active pose
+ Good head shape
+ Happy ears

- Bug Eyes
- Barely any structure
- Too uniform colour

Overall Opinion: A good little lad. Before the hayday, that is for sure, but not at all bad, molding wise. He is not perfect but he doe snot need to be. It is not expected of him and he simply delivers what is appropriate for him.
He is currently in store, but in 2021 he will shine on the shelf again!

~
~

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 3:58 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2020 1:00 am

No, this old foal is too nice to be stored. With its tail and dynamic pose, he is a good candidat to be displayed. I know they are very different but it reminds me the old Safari colts. Very Happy

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2020 10:54 am

Such a wonderful figure- I love your reviews and this is such a sweet playful little foal! cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 5:18 pm

70418 Faraun
Viserion

This figure the second dragon in the Bayala line, although they were brought out at the same time as the first. These are the first mythical creature in the Bayala line and this one, like the first, is an absolute master piece. They were debuted in 2009 and retired in 2011. A very unfortunate short run time. This model was recoloured in 2012 for Muller as a limited edition. The figure in my collection was made in china.
I got them along with the Antylar figure on Marktplaats for dirt cheap. I remember unpacking them in my grandmother's old house. I was so happy I finally found them for a nice price.

+ The colours work so well
+ The snout shape is so pretty
+ THE SCALES

- The horns are a wee too much
- T-rex arms
- Demon eyes

Overall Opinion: This Model is not as intensely impressive as Antylar. None the less they are stunning and I am intensely saddened that this type of artwork is rare in schleich's current work and that they had such a short runtime. This model is a gem and I think it is under appriacted.
For now they are in careful storage, but I have a special place for them thought up!

~
~

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 1:05 am

Though I agree the forelegs are the weakest aspect, I have and love Faraun also- it is in a display cabinet with many of my Windstones and other favorite treasures. (along with Antylar and hatching Nugur!)
Now to find your Newt lol
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 9:36 pm

14525 Tyrannosaurus Rex
Magnar

This figure is Schleich's famous T-Rex. They are not the first T-Rex model Schleich has made, but most certainly the best known and in my humble opinion also the best looking. If they are the most anatomically sound I do not know and I believe the jury is still out on that one. This figure was debuted in 2012 and is still in the collection. By this I am not surprised, it is iconic and a true staple of Schleich's brand.
I am not quite sure how I aquired him. I believe I bought him in Haarlem on a shopping trip after school or when I was over at my father in law over the weekend.

+ Metric Tonnes of great details
+ The structure
+ Colours work perfectly!

- Incorrect arms
- Teeth that seem attached to the outside of the lip
- Should they be feathered? Partly, protofeathers ???

Overall Opinion: This is really one of Schleich's most famous and a very well made model. No surprise they are so famous. This mold even gets used in urban art. It is an icon and I love them!
For the moment they are in storage, but I hope to soon be able to reinstate them.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 9:42 pm

I love this model- it is my favourite dinosaur that I have! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 3:29 pm

13227 Hanoverian Mare
Vanessa

This model is Schleich's very first adult Hanovarian. She was debuted in 1995 and retired in 2004. This is a rather long and respectable run time. She was directly replaced by the dressage mare, once retired. The figure in my collection was made in Germany.
I found this old girl on ebay, no special story about her, sadly.

+ A simple and elegant model
+ Anatomically Sound
+ Very smooth

- Very monotone colour pallette
- Demon eyes
- Undynamic positioning

Overall Opinion: This is a very classic model that really has her charms, but also her flaws. There can be arguements made that she is better than what Schleich makes as of late, but you won't hear that from me. This is a model before schleich's high tide and it has different flaws than those made after the high tide.
At the moment she is in storage, but I hope to soon be able to display her again.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 3:54 pm

A wonderful rare beauty, she looks very proud! And has wonderful muscle detail, a lovely addition! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2021 1:20 pm

70419 Nugur
Rhaegal

This is Schleich's very first dragon hatchling. Not the only one, but most certainly the best one. They were debuted in 2009 and retired in 2012, a short runtime and very unfortunate, because little tyke is all but a work of art. I love them! The figure in my collection was made in China.
I found this model on Marktplaats for dirt cheap and I will never not love them. There is not grand story, but instead an immense joy and grand love.

+ The Pose
+ Perfect side to hold in my cupped hands
+ EVERYTHING ELSE

- Short run time
- Not so well known
- Why can't schleich make more like this?

Overall Opinion: This is one of Schleich's very best. So well made and so artful and just overall gorgeous. We stan! I love how perfectly sized they are and how super cute they are, even though they still look so perfectly reptilian.
For now they are in storage with the rest of my dragons, but they get a special spot once my shelving stand.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2021 1:39 pm

Wow- I never knew Schleich made this figure and it is certainly better than some of their other fantasy figures that are coming out now! cheers cheers I love the detail, and all the different shades of paint- it is a little beauty! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2021 4:18 pm

Even if you do not agree, I find this Hannoverian much nicer than most of the current horses. It is also an important design that influenced the generation after it that is the best generation of horses made by Schleich. That's right, it has a somewhat vintage touch that makes it look outdated but that is how the nicest figures were designed at its time.

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 4:43 pm

14223 Wolf
Fenrir

This figure is Schleich's very first wolf and by far not the worst one they have made. This figure was debuted in 1992, just like me. It was retired in 2002, directly succeeded by 14249. A very respectable runtime for a very respectable model.
I have genuinly no idea anymore where I found him. Probably Marktplaats or Ebay.

+ Lovely colours
+ Great pose
+ Simple but effective

- Why not more of this?
- The eyes are a little faded in colour
- Ears could be a bit smaller

Overall Opinion: This is one of Schleich's real gems from before they had their high time. This model is well made, mostly well painted and mostly well balanced. It has a nice pose and posture and has very few flaws, a very good figure indeed. Schleich does not make them like this anymore and it is a crying shame.
Right now, this old one is in storage, but I hope I will soon be able to restore him again.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2021 1:00 pm

Lovely old gem of a wolf, such a special figure! Very Happy Old Schleich models really do have their won unique charm! cheers
Back to top Go down
Rakel

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 4:26 pm

Wonderful pictures as always and brillant names too. I especially liked thunderclap!!
It is so fitting and now I am looking at my two war elephants and thinking - what can I name you, which would be just as fitting scratch
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 8:13 pm

13228 Hanoverian Mare
Annika

This model is the twin sister of Schleich's very first adult Hanovarian (13227). She, like her sister, was debuted in 1995 and retired in 2004. This is a rather long and respectable run time. The figure in my collection was made in Germany.
I found this old girl on ebay, no special story about her, sadly.

+ She looks better in white
+ Better shading, too
+ Such a good classic!

- Not much structure
- Pretty stationary pose
- Strange eyes

Overall Opinion: This is, like her sister, a very classic model that really has her charms, but also her flaws. There can be arguements made that she is better than what Schleich makes as of late, but you won't hear that from me. This is a model before schleich's high tide and it has different flaws than those made after the high tide.
At the moment she is in storage, but I hope to soon be able to display her again.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 9:46 pm

A wonderful mare, I love your reviews, always set out so well with positives and negatives! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 4:21 pm

70420 Unicorn Foal
Gaia

This figure is Schleich's first Unicorn foal. She is far from the last and this mold is one Schleich still uses. Even this year some models use this mold. This figure was first seen in 2010 and under this number retired in 2015.
I can't remember where I bought this lil one, but I believe it was in Austria in one of them super spar stores.

+ Anatomically very sound
+ Nice soft colours
+ Modest glittering

- Doesn't have that special magic touch that some more recent bayala models have
- The white of the body tends to look a bit aged and yellowy
- The marking are a bit too froufrou

Overall Opinion: I suppose you can consider this a rather normal model for the bayala range, considering the paint schleich has flung onto this little girl. She is a classic one of the bayala range and that is probably why she still appeals to so much, because she is not too overdone.
At the moment she is in storage, but I hope to soon be able to reinstate her with my other unicorns.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 4:58 pm

Wonderful to see Schleich's first unicorn, especially as they now make many models of this animal! It's interesting to see how it began, with this little foal, and compared to the ones they release now it has a more intricate beauty, and natural muted colours which I think I prefer! Very Happy
I love her, thank you for sharing your interesting review, it's always useful to know what your opinions are on each of these models! cheers
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 1:36 pm

16320 Great Dane
Brutus

This figure is far from Schleich's first dog, but the first Great Dane in their 1:12 scale series. And sadly also the only one. It was made in 1997 and retired in 2004, which is a descent run time. It has no replacement. The next Great Dane in schleich's collection was not to scale and in the Farm Life line. The figure in my collection was made in Germany.
This one is a forum acquired figure, thanks to Maja. Those are, in my opinion, the best finds, because I know that have already been so loved before and now I love them in my turn.

+ He is very large
+ A modest yet well done sculpt
+ No cropped ears and tail, yay!

- Very little texture
- Scale doesn't match most of what I have
- The colour is a bit flat

Overall Opinion: This is one from the forum. A figure that connects me to this corner of the internet and to other collectors. I have a special little place for those figures in my heart, for what they stand for. For the connection between you and me. He used to be in Maja's collection and now he is in mine. A very nice figure with Schleich's bygone and classic charm.
For now he is in storage, but I hope that he can be on display again in a year or so.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gwaine's Schleich Review
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next