Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gwaine's Schleich Review

Go down 
+10
Rakel
Roger
Farm collector
Bonnie
Advicot
pipsxlch
spacelab
RtasVadumee
SUSANNE
Megaptera
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2021 4:31 am

I agree, figures we get from other forum friends have always a special meaning to us. Sometimes it is interesting to immagine all the steps a figure has taken before arriving to our collections. This Great Dane at least can tell to everyone that it was loved by Maja and Tessa and I hope you manage a way to display it proudly.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2021 12:33 pm

Beautiful, big Schleich Great Dane! cheers cheers
I loved your review and would certainly agree with what you say, this model is a lovely representation of the breed from when Schleich made the most wonderful dogs! sunny And I would definitely say that it's big positive that the ears and tail aren't docked too, this model shows the breed in it's natural beauty! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 9:28 am

13229 Appaloosa Stallion
Goov

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is Schleich's first Appoloosa figure. He was debuted in 1996 and retired in 2002. This figure was also included with the Schleich Appaloosa puzzle, which was published in colabortation with Ravensburger. With a runtime of 8 years, this is a very well sold figure. The specific figure in my collection is made in Germany, but has the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] paint coat, which is generally seen in the version made in China.
I believe I found this one on Marktplaats or Ebay, but I am not 100% sure, to be honest.

+ Such a gentle look
+ Classic, good sculpt
+ Painting done quite well

- Little texture to the fur
- Tail is so short
- Demon eyes

Overall Opinion: This model is a very well made classic, but I have no specific feeling for it. It is a nice figure all the same and I am glad it is in my collection. I like this figure well enough, though it does not have the magic as some do, classic or modern.
This figure is currently in storage, but I hope to display it again after my materinity weeks, when the displays are being build.

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 6:53 pm

Where did you find the information of the pattern [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]? Is it on Gaschers guide?
The model on TAW looks different from yours. I think I owned this model a long time ago but it was glossy and later I've found a good owner for it because I didn't find it too exciting. It is a classic and successful model as you mentioned.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 9:50 pm

I like Gwaine's paintjob better than the TAW one's.
Appaloosas are traditionally known for having short, sparse tails- called rattails. Perhaps they were trying to illustrate this?
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 3:33 am

A lovely model, I love the details on the neck and all the shades of brown the modern Schleich horses seem to lack! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 3:00 pm

70421 Prancing Unicorn
Terra

This is the Prancing Unicorn from Schleich's Bayala range. They have no gender markers, but is from the same basemould as the 13624 Mustang Stallion. It is the only rearing unicorn in the regular collection to date of writing. This model was debuted in 2010 and retired in 2015. It was retired in favour of the more cutesie, colourful Bayala creatures that are in the current line up. The figure in my collection was made in China.
This figure I got in a group with other unicorns off of ebay.

+ Great Pose
+ Lovely painting
+ That feathering!

- No gender marker
- Mabe texture is so extra
- The vines only work in this pose

Overall Opinion: A very appealing model which Schleich doesn't really know as of late. I miss Bayala's high tide. Not that today's Bayala range is not appealing, but this unicorn has a very classic charm about it. It is well made, beautifully painted and looks like something out of an old timey book.
I like them a lot and think they are one of the best of the classic unicorns.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 09, 2023 6:01 pm

It is very interesting to know from which mold this unicorn is derived.
Aren't unicorns genderless.

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 5:43 am

13258 Boergoat Billy
Dinkleberg

This is Schleich's Boergoat Billy, with the number 13258. This figure ran from 2002 to 2008, along with the Nanny and Kid. This is a mdoerately well run time, considering this is Schleich's only other goat breed beside general domestic and dwarf goat. The figure in my collection was made in China.
I bought this figurine, along with the Nanny and the Kid on ebay.

+ Rarely seen breed
+ He's not stylised, guess I like how ugly he is haha
+ He lumpy which is cute

- The brown is weirdly glossy while the white is very flat
- Bad colour gradient
- Zero contouring in the brown part

Overall Opinion: This is a rare species, as far as goat figurines go. I am really glad Schleich made a family of them. Hardly any other brand has the boergoat on their roster.
This figurine is far from perfect, but it has a certain 'ugly goat' type of charm about it. He is not good looking, but he is very nice, in a way.

~
~

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 12:37 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 17, 2023 8:12 am

13232 Shetland Pony
Bombur

This figurine is Schleich's second pony, but the first to be specified as Shetland. It had a very decent run from 1996 to 2004. The figurine in my collection is made in Germany.
I found this old man on the dutch secondhand website Marktplaats.

+ He is so rotund!
+ Too hecking cute!!!
+ He even looks like he has his wintercoat on

- Big alien eyes
- No ankles to speak of
- Bad blending around the manes

Overall Opinion: The figurine has the old time Schleich charm through and through. It is one of my favourites from the older schleich horses. He is so lovely and he has such a character about him. You know this little guy has a story and I adore that about him. Schleich doesn't make them like this anymore and that is an utter pity.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 17, 2023 10:55 am

Great reviews, you know your stuff, I love reading everyone's thoughts on figures.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 10:49 am

That's an "iponic" figure. I think it is great owning the German version.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 11:38 am

Oh I love this model. Mine has been a great playtime friend, it is one of my earliest bought figures from childhood and I adore him still. Congratulations!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 9:28 am

70422 Pegasus Foal
Ventus

This figurine is Schleich's first Pegasus foal, though not their first Pegasus. It had a run time of only one year, in 2010. In 2011 it was replaced by 70448, which was essentially the same figurine, except the wings were attached upside down in comparison to the earlier design. The figurine in my collection was made in China.
I found this figurine in an interspar in Austria in 2010, on vacation with my parents.

+ The wings work better this way, just looks more aesthetically pleasing
+ The colour palette is so gentle and sweet looking
+ Those featherings on the hooves, yaaas

- A bit bland overall
- Glitters are unnecesarry
- Wings are a tad to large

Overall Opinion: This is one of those figures I so vividly remember getting. Not because the moment was special, or because the figurine is special, I just remember it is so well.
The figurine is well balanced in shape and colour and not too frufru-y. A staple of Schleich's high time, even though the overuse of glitters is already starting to show up here.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 9:33 am

Gwaine that's a fantastic little Pegasus foal, I ADORE him he's like something you'd see on a cloud, very gentle and heavenly.
Is Ventus a name that you gave him yourself?
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 9:53 am

Brandubh94 wrote:
Gwaine that's a fantastic little Pegasus foal, I ADORE him he's like something you'd see on a cloud, very gentle and heavenly.
Is Ventus a name that you gave him yourself?

Yes it is ^^

~
~

Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 17, 2023 5:44 am

42251 Centipede
Crawley

This is the centipede from the 42251 Death Valley set, coming with a spider, a scorpion and rather undersized bovine skull. The Death Valley set was part of the small wild life blister-box sets that ran from 2015-2017. Which is a very short runtime, even for a set. The small critters in this line are very well made and wonderfully detailed.
I likely ordered this set online or bought it in a toy shop in Haarlem.

+ Quite well detailed
+ Love how tiny it is
+ I feel like it could just crawl away and it gives me the heebeejeebee's, well done Schleich.

- Too short a run time
- I can just feel it crawl up my skin
- Colouring is a bit clunky

Overall Opinion: The centipede is quite well made for such a small critter. It is not at all to scale with the rest of Schleich's animals, but it is a very nice figurine all the same. I would have liked to see more of these tiny creatures in the blister box type sets.
This one is on the shelf, along with all my other smaller figurines.

~
~

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 17, 2023 7:54 am

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 28, 2023 6:38 am

Great close up of this model. It seems to be not relevant but this is a millipede and not a centipede. They look similar but they're not so closely related. Actually, I think centipedes have a more agressive look with their flat bodies and they're predators. Millipedes can be distinguished from centipedes because they usually have two pairs of legs in most of the body segments while centipedes have one pair of legs. Most of us mix these animals, I'm sure I did it often too.

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 03, 2023 10:10 am

13234 Haflinger Gelding
Schommel

This figurine is Schleich's second Haflinger, though unlike their first, this one is male. He is also very heavy built, unlike their earlier mare. The Gelding was premiered in 1997 and retired in 2003, this is a very nice runtime. The figurine in my collection was made in Germany.
I am not sure where I have gotten him anymore, probably ebay or marktplaats.

+ He looks very gentle
+ Big Fat Haflinger, fck yeah!
+ He has the cutest lil ears

- The main body is a bit flat in colour
- White (uncoloured?) patches
- Face structure is a bit off

Overall Opinion: I am not specially impressed by this figure. He looks a bit cartoony and sort of too toyish, yet somehow still very schleich. He confuses me a little bit. Though he has a very nice personality.
He is currently in storage.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 03, 2023 5:24 pm

I like when Haflinger are heavily built. I think he looks a little sad because he is in storage. Wink Weird, I don't find it very cartoonish, especially when comparing with other Schleich horses. For example, the 2014 Arabian mare looks to me like something we could find in a Disney movie.

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 6:29 am

70423 Pegasus Mare
Brisa

This is not the first Pegasus in the Schleich books, neither is it the first in the Bayala range, but it is the first adult Pegasus in the Bayala collection. It is a mare figurine, making it the first mare as well, considering the stallion was redebuted the same year. This figurine was dubted in 2010 and retired in 2016, which is a very acceptable run time. The figurine in my collection was made in China.

+ That High Time Bayala charm
+ Feathering
+ Great hair!

- Wings just ... don't feel right this way
- Paint job seems half finished somehow
- Glitters...

Overall Opinion: Not a very special model, especially between all the amazingly imaginative other pegasi I have, but a very solid staple from early day Bayala non the less.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 7:04 am

Ah she is a lovely pretty model though..I think, though her wings might seem strange like that, we're more used to them being up and showy, so a restful pose is a nice difference..
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 3:45 am

14618 Emporer Penguin Chicks
Private-Rico-Kowalski-Skipper

This cute little clutch is a group of emporer penguin chicks, debuted in 2010 and retiring in 2015, which is a very acceptable runtime. So far it is Schleich's only clutch of Penguin chicks and before 2022 the only chicks not attached to an adult. The figure in my collection was made in China.
I found this figure online, either via ebay or marktplaats.

+ They are so stinking cute
+ The texture looks really nice
+ THEY ARE SO CHUBBY

- I prefer my figurines all seperate, not in a cluter/common base
- The white paint is a bit ... globby
- Demon eyes

Overall Opinion: These are a clutch of very cute chicks, but it will always sort of vex me that they are molded together.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gwaine's Schleich Review
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next