Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo Hyena project

Go down 
+16
rogerpgvg
lucky luke
Ana
Advicot
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
widukind
A-J
Caracal
75senta75
pipsxlch
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
SUSANNE
spacelab
RtasVadumee
costicuba
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Papo Hyena project  Empty
PostSubject: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 8:00 am

Hey Guys,
after this great repaint, which Caracal did and made the Papo model as Stripped hyena,
I also decided to try something with my model.
But I went even further and customized it , with making the legs longer.
But then ... I decided to make also the pose a bit different ...
And now , my model looks like this :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And when I start ... sometimes I can`t stop Laughing
So, what do you think, should I also change the neck .. and make it like this :

Or keep it in the original possition ?

If I change it ...and if I repaint it as a Stripped Hyena , it will look something like this :

But I think, I have also an option to go even further and insted of Stripped one, to make a Brown Hyena ....
Something like this :

I really need your imagination, knowledge and ideas Very Happy
let`s do this project together ! cheers bounce

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 9:52 am

Go for the brown one : it is the scariest hyena and it has never been made by a main brand.

The fur on the belly and the tail can really look brown-like and considering this comparison pic, I think it would even look better as a brown than as a stripped :

Since you're not only repainting it, I think it would be a shame not to go all the way and make a brown hyena rather than a stripped that have already been made by CollectA and Caracal.
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 11:52 am

I would go for the brown one too, If you think that the long straight fur can be presented in this model..
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 11:58 am

WOW !!! This is more exiting than a Jack Reacher novel affraid cheers bounce

Just like Jack, he is being cut to pieces, and now he may have his neck broken Shocked
But we know, he will come out of hospital two days later, even more strong and handsome than before Laughing

But will he be brown or grey ? Completely new plot cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 9:05 pm

I see Kosta didn't sleep the whole night!
My opinion is the same as the previous and I am really excited with your project! bounce
I think lowering the head gives a more natural pose to the figure, it may force you to have some extra work but you have now a good chance once you have more free time.
Since you already started an ambitious project with important changes to the original model, I think it is better that you make a brown hyena. You have a striped hyena from CollectA and you can use another Papo hyena to repaint as a striped without such dramatic changes. If I was the talented person here, I'd go surely for the less common species. cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 9:23 pm

Beautiful work so far! If it were me, especially with your skill, I'd go further with the pose and drop the head as your sketched. I'd also go with making it brown hyena since they are such an awesome species. But then again, who said you cant buy multiple of this figure and do both? I want to redo one and make a brown hyena for my collection but I'm afraid all I dare to do is repaint it. I cant wait to see your final product!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 12:16 am

Thank you very much Rtas , Spacelab , Susanne, Roger and Paige for joining and helping to my project :)
I am glad to have you here  sunny

Yes, Rtas , Spacelab , Roger and Paige  ... I was expecting this suggestion..
it is logical .. since I changed this model so much ... Also we still don`t have a Brown hyena ...
and sicne now, my custom actually it works for a Brown hyena ( if I succeed with making a long fur...)

Haha Susanne ,  Laughing  believe me ... after the project is done ... no matter what the result will be... this Hyena will be called :
Jack Reacher   lol!  .. but I have to make it as a male  Laughing

spacelab wrote:
I would go for the brown one too, If you think that the long straight fur can be presented in this model..

Yes, this is my problem actually : the long, straight fur of Brown Hyena ...
To make it I need a good , qualitatively clay ... and unfortunatelly , I don`t have one right now.
I have only a very cheap one , which is not very good for making a nice details as fur ...
Hmmm ... or maybe I can give my best and try with what I have.. scratch

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 12:25 am

Hmmm, I am still in a ''crossroad''...
1. First choice : Stripped Hyena - less work for me
2. Second choice : Brown hyena - more interresting , but more work ... and without having the right materials ...

Ok, one thing is more clear to me ... To go for changing the neck down.. Since you all like it like that,
and nobody is for keeping the original angle up :)
So, I can go for it Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 12:53 am

With that information of the clay, just went the horse into the river. Fortunately, both options are good, or in other words. Either the camel, or the camel rider. :king
Well, I see my medication is not working so let’s pick up the pigeons. Sleep Laughing

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 1:22 am

Roger wrote:
With that information of the clay, just went the horse into the river. Fortunately, both options are good, or in other words. Either the camel, or the camel rider.  :king
Well, I see my medication is not working so let’s pick up the pigeons. Sleep  Laughing

Haha Laughing lol! ..yup... I think, let’s pick up the pigeons Laughing

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 1:22 am

I was going to suggest get another and do both also. Wink Razz
But since you don't really have the proper materials on hand to do the brown, make this fellow striped and save the brown for a later project. With your talent, both will be spectacular.
I also think the dropped head pose looks more natural.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 11:51 am

Wwith my animal themed phrases litterally translated from Bulgarian, I forgot to give a helpful opinion.
If the available material is not good to you make a satisfactory work, it is better that you go for something that worth all the effort.
The striped hyena is also a very exciting project and you can work in a brown hyena when the world we know is back. In addition, we all suggested the original mould as based in a striped hyena and the pose changes you are performing, make it different from what we have seen before from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. So, my opinion now is the same as Kelly's.

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 3:43 pm

Kosta, this is a wonderful project in these difficult times! Thank you very much for that.
I would also take the brown hyena. I'm very curious to see how your project is going on.

costicuba wrote:
Hmmm, I am still in a ''crossroad''...
1. First choice : Stripped Hyena - less work for me
2. Second choice : Brown hyena - more interresting , but more work ... and without having the right materials ...

1. First choice: If it is more simple, maybe you start with stripped hyena first.

2. Second choice: But you are an very good artist.So maybe in the end you would be more happy about the difficult model and you would regret, it if you chose the striped model. Maybe there is a solution for the missing materials after all.

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 10:07 pm

Thank you very much Kelly, Roger and Yvette sunny

Kelly, thank you for your kind compliment to me and also for the advice :) I used it :)

Ahhh Roger .. Laughing Just now, I realised, that you actually used ''Bulgarian animal themed phrases'' ...
I think, I beat everybody with my sleeping brain hahaha lol! ... That is so funny Laughing
I actually taught, that these phrases are not only Bulgarian ... and that`s why you used them .. hahha Laughing But yes, for sure they are bulgarian .. and actually they sound very funny on my language ...
Especially : '' just went the horse into the river'' , because we say it with using an old dialect lol!

And...Yvette is back ! cheers cheers cheers
I am very happy to see you on the forum agin dear friend and also very happy to see you here on my project sunny
And your advice is also helping me a lot . Thank you :)

Ok, I have a progress...
Listening (reading) what you all adviced me , here is the pose now :

..and.. 5 min later... Postimage still doesn`t let me to upload the photo ... so ... I will try again later ..

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 11:35 pm

Very Happy Very exciting project Kosta! cheers cheers  I would have prefer this model with low head and  as you're a very good dancer, do it like that please, do a beautiful striped hyaena and keep your beautiful draw for a brown one later when you'll have the good paste! bounce
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 12:06 am

costicuba wrote:

Ahhh Roger .. Laughing Just now, I realised, that you actually used ''Bulgarian animal themed phrases'' ...
I think, I beat everybody with my sleeping brain hahaha lol! ... That is so funny Laughing
I actually taught, that these phrases are not only Bulgarian ... and that`s why you used them .. hahha Laughing But yes, for sure they are bulgarian .. and actually they sound very funny on my language ...
Especially : '' just went the horse into the river'' , because we say it with using an old dialect lol!

Sleeping brain is when someone with a lot of scales and a long snout take a lot of time to find out why a certain post is not anymore in a topic. At least you're not posting in the wrong thread. Wink
When I used these translations, I suspected you couldn't figure it out at first because I am sure it could happen with me. Seeing some Portuguese idiomatic expressions translated to English, my reaction would be surely: - Oh, I didn't know English also used it! Interesting that you preserve the old dialect in some of your expressions. Very Happy

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 12:33 am

And... Caracal is also here to help cheers
Thank you very much, .. I was hoping to see you also here, helping with ideas .. and here you are Very Happy
Thank you for the useful suggestion Caracal.
And yes, I already did the model with low head ... but still, this Postimage doesn`t let me to upload the photo .. Mad

Haha Roger, so you want to be still the winner of ''Sleeping brain'' ...? Laughing
Hmm, let`s wait for my next move ... and we will see ..''Either the camel, or the camel rider'' Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 8:31 am

Roger wrote:
....... Either the camel, or the camel rider.  :king
Well, I see my medication is not working so let’s pick up the pigeons. Sleep  Laughing

lol! cheers

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 7:55 pm

Finally Postimage works again, so I can show my Jack Reacher , with with low head...

Of Course Susanne gave that name of the hyena ... and just like she said :
''Just like Jack, he is being cut to pieces, and now he may have his neck broken . Shocked
But we know, he will come out of hospital two days later, even more strong and handsome than before Laughing ''

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 8:26 pm

Jack already begins to look happier, doesn't he ? He has got very strong tendons, that may be the secret Laughing

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 9:15 pm

Very Happy Your knife danced very well!.. what paste are you going to use now?..

Last edited by Caracal on Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 9:27 pm

It is great that you can post pictures again and we can see your hyena a step forward. :)

costicuba wrote:
Haha Roger, so you want to be still the winner of ''Sleeping brain'' ...? Laughing
Hmm, let`s wait for my next move ... and we will see ..''Either the camel, or the camel rider'' Laughing

lol! I haven't read it yesterday because I already couldn't see two. Sleep

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 12:37 am

Oh, it`s going on - the next picture!
Very interesting to observe how the figure changes and especially the kind of creative elements like these "connecting parts" or "tendons" on the neck.

Susanne wrote:
Jack already begins to look happier, doesn't he ?
Who knows Susanne, maybe Jack suspects the result will be great and he is the only hyena with such a "beauty operation." Wink

costicuba wrote:
And...Yvette is back ! cheers cheers cheers
I am very happy to see you on the forum agin dear friend and also very happy to see you here on my project sunny
And your advice is also helping me a lot . Thank you :)

Thank`s Kosta. I hope to be more presents here again. Very Happy

Last edited by 75senta75 on Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 1:36 am

Haha Laughing Thank you very much for your comments everybody Very Happy

...Jack is still not sure, how he will looks like after all these operations.
His surgeon also , still doesn`t know...
But I still have time to deside , with your help of course :)

Caracal wrote:
Very Happy Your knife danced very well!.. what paste are you going to use now?..

Thank you Very Happy Well, this time I had use also a saw ... affraid Twisted Evil

And for a paste , I am gonna use this very very cheap .. like 1 euro clay :

But I have some experience with it . It helped me a lot for other customs .
It is not the best for details ... but if I am quick and if I use also water, and also using the right tools .. I think, I can make a nice fur :)

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 9:39 am

I don't know this clay but I am sure of that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo Hyena project
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next