Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo Hyena project

Go down 
+16
rogerpgvg
lucky luke
Ana
Advicot
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
widukind
A-J
Caracal
75senta75
pipsxlch
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
SUSANNE
spacelab
RtasVadumee
costicuba
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptyFri 8 May 2020 - 20:05

Ok, ladies and jentleman , I present to you, the final result of my Papo Hyena project , which , whith all your help and suggestions turned out to be a Brown Hyena.
Please welcome Jack Reacher - the Brown Hyena :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Some close-ups :

I tried to make the colors of the fur, not just brown, but more ''rich'' , because watching more and more photos of real Brown hyenas, I was amazed of how different and beautiful they all look... Not just brown, but with so many colors... :

And finaly, my three Hyena species in my collection ... the Aardwolf is still missing ... :

So, this is Jack ! :) My work for almost two months , in a strange, difficult times , that we all living through now...
sunny

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptyFri 8 May 2020 - 20:10

He is AMAZING! I wish you had made multiple and I could have had one, as he is so unbelievably marvellous. He's a masterpiece Applause Applause Applause

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptyFri 8 May 2020 - 20:30

I'm speechless Kosta, he's magnificent. A figure like this would be a best-seller among collectors, I guess you know that. It's also obvious that you had fun making it, that's the best part of this project.
I'm very happy you did this beautiful hyena and a bit jealous for your talent, congrats!
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptyFri 8 May 2020 - 20:40

He is SO handsome, Kosta!
I’m impressed how you did the fur texture: it seemed to be you knew how exactly make each step.
Now I think this forum needs more of your customs Laughing

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptyFri 8 May 2020 - 20:46

Hello, I am Sleeping Beauty and I really needed something to rescue me from this long and deep sleep. Sleep Jack Corona is the perfect prince! geek
Incredible, Kosta. You adopted a striped hyena painted as a spotted hyena and you turned it in a magnificent brown hyena! Figure ended beautiful, with great colours, fur texture, shape, face, ears, everything. If I remember, you haven't worked it with all needed resources and you used some alternative materials. It works perfectly with the Safari and CollectA models.
Just a note, calling it a custom figure is a little forced, from the original we only have the face sculpt and the name of the brand. Yes, if it ever gets in other hands, the only way to know what was the original is reading these letters. Won't you try a homemade figure? You have more than talent to do it and this one probably required the same level of effort. What about an aardwolf to complete your family? I only wished the Papo sculptor was as genial and talented as you are and now I could also have a figure like this one. cheers

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptyFri 8 May 2020 - 22:26

You have now the 3 models I prefer but the spotted and striped hyaenas seem poorly painted now!.. It was worthing to wait a little!.. big congralutations for this very very good job Kosta! cheers cheers Applause and very beautiful pictures too! cheers

Rogério is right, the story of this wonderful hyaena is geneticaly rather complicated! drunken
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptyFri 8 May 2020 - 23:14

Wonderful result! I am looking back at your initial sketches, and it looks exactly as you had planned it. Very beautiful figure and so interesting to see the creation process.

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptySat 9 May 2020 - 3:36

WOW what a tranformation and the detail is incrediable. Excellent work!

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptySat 9 May 2020 - 4:05

Absolutely stunning! You did just a fantastic job transforming the model!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptySat 9 May 2020 - 14:03

It looks really great ! cheers cheers
I really enjoyed following this project, and I think I appreciate the great results even more because you let us be part of the process Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptySat 9 May 2020 - 14:36

Wow, jack is alive ! So alive, a real masterpiece. A great figure made in a hard time. Kosta, you are really a very talented artist. cheers sunny cheers

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptySat 9 May 2020 - 19:26

Adam, Space, Anasta, Roger, Alain, Roger, Shawn, Paige, Anne and Yvette sunny
Thank you soooo much for all your so nice words to me dear friends Embarassed cheers

Jack Corona is also very happy to read all your comments Very Happy

To try my own homemade figures .. ? hmm ... I think about this for some time, but till now I always say to my self : Maybe one day, but not now..
We will see ... maybe I will surprise you with something in the future Smile

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptySat 9 May 2020 - 19:53

This work of transformation of figures is very interesting. Applause Applause

I hope we have more. Big congratulations.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptySat 9 May 2020 - 20:47

hb! gln ! prll! afth! wxo! glup !zirp! fæx! xalpx .... hmmmm...
....I am just trying to write what I think  Shocked  lol!

Have to make it easier : WOOOOOOOWWWW !!!  bounce  Applause  scratch  Applause  cheers

Kosta, I thought you could no longer surprise me, but you managed to exceed my highest expectations  cheers  cheers  cheers

costicuba wrote:
To try my own homemade figures .. ? hmm ... I think about this for some time, but till now I always say to my self : Maybe one day, but not now..
We will see ... maybe I will surprise you with something in the future Smile

Please, please try Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptySat 9 May 2020 - 21:04

Thank you very much Fernando and Susanne sunny

SUSANNE wrote:
hb! gln ! prll! afth! wxo! glup !zirp! fæx! xalpx .... hmmmm...
....I am just trying to write what I think  Shocked  lol!

Have to make it easier : WOOOOOOOWWWW !!!  bounce  Applause  scratch  Applause  cheers

Hahaha lol!
Susanne, I love these kind of comments Laughing
Actually they tell much much more Very Happy sunny

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptySat 9 May 2020 - 21:09

Amazing custom figure, even more valuable since this species has never been produced by main brands.

I would pay a lot for such a masterpiece.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptySat 9 May 2020 - 21:13

Thank you very much Ben Embarassed

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptySun 10 May 2020 - 3:20

As wonderful as the result is, I think my favorite part may be the wonderful multihued brown! But his face is so winsome, it's an impossible choice.
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 May 2020 - 19:57

What a gorgeous creations!! I am in aww about the multiple shades you put in the coat!! Wonderful!! sunny cheers cyclops Applause
Back to top Go down
bjarki12

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 May 2020 - 21:46

What a wonderful result! A really spot-on representation of the brown hyena, and a good reminder that this species is really under-represented by our major brands!

I'm really impressed with how well you've captured all of the different shades of brown.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 May 2020 - 22:13

Thank you very much for your great comments Kelly, Shanti and Bjarki cheers

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 21:25

This is amazing! Very realistic and beautifully re-sculpted and painted hyena  Applause It really makes me happy to see it finished. And I'm a big fan of your paint works! Brown hyenas may not have a spectacular color or pattern (if you compare to tigers for example) but you made it look beautiful and interesting Very Happy
Congratulations Kosta!

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 22:01

Thank you very very much Anna sunny
The Hyena is very happy knowing , that you called him beautiful Very Happy And a bit shy too Embarassed
He is sending you hugs cheers

PostSubject: Re: Papo Hyena project    Papo Hyena project  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo Hyena project
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5