Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)

Go down 
+13
spacelab
costicuba
pipsxlch
Advicot
Taos
RtasVadumee
widukind
Steve170
landrover
rogerpgvg
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) Empty
PostSubject: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptyFri 27 Mar 2020, 18:53

At least 10 years ago, my neigbour, Torben, gave me a display, which has prooven extremely useful over time Very Happy

It was originally a showcase showing the film poster in the tiny local  cinema back perhaps 50 years ago.
Torben painted the case white and put glass shelves in it.
Unfortunately the glass front was lost long before he got hold of it, - and that means that things get terribly dusty Rolling Eyes

Usually I take one shelf at a time when I clean it, but a couple of days ago, I decided that now it needed a real good scrubbing Suspect
Also I tend to put more and more in it , untill it is really impossible to see any of it Laughing

So NOW ! Everything out ( cough, cough ! ), and lots of soapy water, and now we can see it :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BUT, Holy Macrel !
There were shoe-boxes full of models on this poor little case  affraid  Evil or Very Mad

It will take me for ever to get the dust off them all, and get most of it packed away.
But I'll take it little by little.  Laughing

In order to try to keep going, I am going to show  the models to you as I get them cleaned .
So if I stop for too long before all is done, please give a nudge Wink

Ok, first I took the most fragile ones :

flower More tomorrow, - I hope  cheers

Last edited by SUSANNE on Wed 01 Apr 2020, 07:48; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptyFri 27 Mar 2020, 18:58

Beautiful figures! And what a great display box, you have a nice neighbor.

Cleaning is always a pain. When I cleaned my collection last time (I usually clean my entire collection every 6 months or so) and I decided to use electronic canned air duster because my usual dusting methods wasnt getting the dust out of the fur details of certain models. It worked great! And made the job a little faster (though more expensive, I think I ended up using around 6 cans of the stuff!)

I look forward to more photos of your awesome figures, old and new!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptyFri 27 Mar 2020, 19:22

Recycling, dusting, sorting, selecting, I see you are starting a huge project and I believe it will worth the effort. I believe you will need to be very patient sometimes and make some breaks to rest a little. I am sure at least one of your pets is giving you an important help. Laughing
Thanks for sharing this task with us, I am looking forward to see the result but it is a pleasure to see these graceful figures meanwhile.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptyFri 27 Mar 2020, 21:15

Thanks, Paige and Roger Very Happy

WOW ! Paige you give me an idea ! ....or maybe not scratch

I have a compressor !! But maybe the pressure is too much and will break the models Rolling Eyes Laughing

Roger, you are right. I take it little by little, - most of all because I stand outdoors with the duty things, and it gets darned cold after a while in 8 degrees and windy Suspect
And of course Fidda is very helpful ! She makes sure I pick up any model I may drop IMMEDIATELY, or it may be chewed up affraid

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptyFri 27 Mar 2020, 21:30

Lots of beautiful models! Especially the oldies are great, but be careful that you don't remove the paint when you clean them. What brand is the left-most red-crowned crane?

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptyFri 27 Mar 2020, 21:43

I would have 8 displays like this. Laughing

Congratulations

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptyFri 27 Mar 2020, 21:47

rogerpgvg wrote:
Lots of beautiful models! Especially the oldies are great, but be careful that you don't remove the paint when you clean them. What brand is the left-most red-crowned crane?

Ohh, yes ! I use an ultra-soft brush and nothing else for those Very Happy
The left crane is EIKOH.

landrover wrote:

I would have 8 displays like this. Laughing

Congratulations

Me too Laughing Laughing
Thanks, Fernando sunny

Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptyFri 27 Mar 2020, 21:48

This will look wonderful I'm sure.

I am not knowledgeable on older brands at all but the animals in your first two photographs in particular are very charming. Also 'birds with long legs' always appeal to me, very elegant. I look forward to seeing more photos.

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptyFri 27 Mar 2020, 22:14

Oh, Eikoh, thanks. Is it 4.8 cm tall?

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptyFri 27 Mar 2020, 22:39

An air compressor might be a bit too strong, but who knows? I dont have any old composition figures, I used my electronics duster (canned air) on my run of the mill sturdy brand figures (schleich, papo, etc.) and stuck with my microfiber cloth for my Japanese and customized figures. But canned air might be an idea for the future! (When the world returns to "normal"...)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 07:19

rogerpgvg wrote:

5,1 from ground to peak of the beak, 3,2 from ground to top if the back Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 13:15

A treasure chest :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 16:29

Next flock Wink

....more to come tomorrow, I hope Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 16:32

Wonderful photos again! I especially love the dogs, macaques, and goat (2nd photo, what brand is it?).

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 16:50

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Wonderful photos again! I especially love the dogs, macaques, and goat (2nd photo, what brand is it?).

Thankyou, Paige Very Happy
Yes, I love dogs too, and am already finding other ones to stand on in the display Laughing

The goat is Breyer, I am 99% sure scratch

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 18:05

Yes I thought so! I need to get me one. Razz

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 18:14

SUSANNE wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:

5,1 from ground to peak of the beak, 3,2 from ground to top if the back Very Happy

Thanks! It's now on my to-buy list. Lots of interesting animals and other figures on our shelves!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 18:33

Beautieful choice again :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 20:10

What brand is the sitting japanese macaque in the background ? I have already seen it on the Safari ltd size comparison topic and I would be very interested in getting it.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 20:21

Beautiful, beautiful models Applause Applause Applause
The Breyer goat I have in another colour but haven't seen this version so like Paige said will need to get one!!
In picture 5 of the 1st set there is a crane-possibly a Sarus-Can you tell me who made it?
I remember having one as a child with some other birds which I think were made by the same company.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 20:34

RtasVadumee wrote:
What brand is the sitting japanese macaque in the background ? I have already seen it on the Safari ltd size comparison topic and I would be very interested in getting it.

I love him also Very Happy
He is from Kitan club, Nature of Japan, 2013.
I hope you find him Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 20:37

Taos wrote:
Beautiful, beautiful models Applause Applause Applause
The Breyer goat I have in another colour but haven't seen this version so like Paige said will need to get one!!
In picture 5 of the 1st set there is a crane-possibly a Sarus-Can you tell me who made it?
I remember having one as a child with some other birds which I think were made by the same company.

I think I got the crane at Sandspielfiguren [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It says here that they are Elastolin, but I am not too sure mine is scratch

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 21:51

Sorry for being off topic but I've just taken a look on Sandspielfiguren and made a wish list with 138 euros worth of figures. This site is amazing!!!!

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptySun 29 Mar 2020, 00:14

I love the fish model in the second photo!
The little poodle in front of the fir tree is charming also.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) EmptySun 29 Mar 2020, 01:20

These photos are just an eye candy cyclops
We are so lucky , that you are cleaning your beautiful display from your neigbour Torben cheers
Ha ! I saw the Bulgarian 3D model of White rhino cheers

PostSubject: Re: What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)   What had moved into the old display ? Last update  :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

What had moved into the old display ? Last update :-)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next