Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  

Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo! Empty
PostSubject: Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo!   Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo! EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 5:47 pm

These days I am having a great time going through my box of unicolour models, which are mainly German brands. Very Happy
And now I found these two which ar neither German nor really unicoloured  Shocked

Can anybody tell me something about them ?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This picture shows that lions should neither wear lipstick nor green eye shadow  Laughing

I really, really like this little rhino, even - or because - he has got rather Asian thighs  Wink

Here is how they are marked :

flower flower flower

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo!   Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo! EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 7:41 pm

Nice oldies

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo!   Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo! EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 12:50 am

The rhino is a Timpo Susanne
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo!   Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo! EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 1:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The rhino is a Timpo Susanne

I am glad your life gave you a little truce. Such a joy to have a little sign from you. cheers

I think the lion is also a Timpo figure.

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo!   Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo! EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 7:45 am

Thankyou , guys cheers

So great ! Imagine !I have two Timbo models cheers

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo!   Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo! EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 11:06 am

Thankyou , guys cheers

So great ! Imagine !I have two Timbo models cheers

Hi Susanne

Timpo zoo range started in 1950 and were hollow-cast metal. These were designed by Roy Selwyn-Smith (who went onto designing most of the Herald range of figures). Then in the mid-1950's production was changed to plastic and any additions to the hollow-cast metal series were designed by Norman Tooth. Both your Lion and Rhinoceros figures were never issued in hollow-cast metal so were designed by Norman Tooth.

These Timpo plastic zoo animals had a production run from the mid 1950's to the early 1970's.

Your rhinoceros figure is number 6003.

Your Lion figure is 6004.

BTW Timpo is derived from the words Toy Importers and were founded in London in 1945 and later had a factory in Scotland.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Chris Sweetman on Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Additional information)
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo!   Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo! EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 4:01 pm

WOW !!!! THANKYOU, dear Chris cheers Applause Applause Applause

I just ,love to learn such details about my dear critters !
It makes them much more valuable in my eyes drunken

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo!   Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo! EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 4:33 pm

Great info again Chris,many thanks!

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo!   Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo! EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 11:11 pm

Great info again Chris,many thanks!

You are welcome Taylor but I had a bit of help:

Timpo Farm and Zoo book

This is a superb 28 page book featuring the complete range of Timpo Farm and Zoo products produced in plastic. This is a full colour publication with just a few pages in black and white featuring copies of original catalogues/information leaflets.

Published by Plastic Warrior in 2011. Photos printed in this issue were provided by Barney Brown, a well known plastic figure collector and author of several books on Herald/Britains plastic figures.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo!   Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo! EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 9:45 am

Amazing !!!! How I would love to take a couples of hours with that one cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo!   Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo! Empty

Back to top Go down

Two old "ENGLAND" models.... from Timpo!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Vintage Companies (Plastic, rubber, lead, composition, masse...) :: BRITAINS and UK companies-
Jump to: