Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons

Go down 
+5
Taos
SUSANNE
Roger
landrover
Chris Sweetman
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons Empty
PostSubject: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 11:15 pm

Hi

My first post in comparing both Britains and Timpo Zoo/Wildlife animals

On the left hand side Britains and on the right Timpo

Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons 50181683801_b52e51a913_z
Britains & Timpo comparisons by Chris Sweetman, on Flickr

Row 1: Britains v Timpo Hippopotamus

Row 2: Britains v Timpo Tiger mouldings

Row 3: Britains v Timpo Baby elephant

Row 4: Britains v Timpo Bison

Row 1:
Britains 1315 Hippopotamus, adult open mouth introduced 1978 and deleted 1998 sculptured by Ron Cameron - PVC plastic
Timpo 6002 Hippopotamus introduced post 1955 and deleted early 1970's? sculptured by Norman Tooth - polythene plastic

Row 2:
Britains 1345 Tiger, walking 2nd version introduced 1972 and deleted 1998 sculptured by Ron Cameron - PVC plastic
Timpo 6006 Black panther introduced post 1955 and deleted early 1970's? - polythene plastic. Derived from hollow-cast model issued in 1950 and deleted in 1955. The hollow-cast version was issued as both a tiger (with stripes) MZ4008 and as a lioness MZ4007. Sculptured possibly by Roy Selwyn-Smith who went onto to work for Herald and then Britains.

Row 3:
Britains 1313 Baby elephant introduced 1964 and deleted 1998 sculptured by George Ford - available in both polythene &  PVC plastic
Timpo 6001 Baby elephant introduced post 1955 and deleted early 1970's? - polythene plastic. Derived from hollow-cast model MZ4001 issued in 1950 and deleted in 1955. Sculptured possibly by Roy Selwyn-Smith who went onto to work for Herald and then Britains..

Row 4:
Britains 1354 Bison introduced 1961 and deleted 1980 sculptured by Unknown - available in both polythene &  PVC plastic. Derived from hollow-cast version first issued in 1931.
Timpo 6007 Bison introduced post 1955 and deleted early 1970's? sculptured by Norman Tooth - polythene plastic

Hopefully, this will be beneficial when deciding if a Timpo figure would be suitable scale wise if mixing with Britains figures.

Last edited by Chris Sweetman on Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 12:40 am

Interesting comparison, study

I like the Britains hipopotamus.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 12:52 am

Very useful topic comparing to british vintage companies! It has also great pictures and very complete information as usual. I suspect Roger will be very happy with this thread and I hope you present new chapters. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 9:09 am

This is just wonderful cheers
So much information, it is priceless !!! Thankyou very much !!! Applause Applause

I have never seen theese Timbo models "real", but now I'll at least know what to look for Very Happy

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 2:27 pm

Great comparison photos,and I will need to look out for the Black panther!

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 5:53 pm

Yes, nice comparison. I suppose the young elephant may be 1:32, although he looks much older than the Britains baby elephant. Do you have the Timpo lions, Chris? I believe they may be 1:32 scale, but I am not sure. If you have any individual photos of the Timpo figures, then I'll put them on TAW, as there is very little information about Timpo there.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 6:00 pm

If Chris doesn't have the lions I do and can do a comparison with Britains if you wish.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 6:03 pm

Taos wrote:
If Chris doesn't have the lions I do and can do a comparison with Britains if you wish.

Yes, please, - if Chris doesn't have them, of course Very Happy

Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 1:34 am

The Timpo young elephant pose looks very much like one of the Elastolin  young elephant pose from the same era.

Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons Elastolin-elephant-young

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 9:45 am

landrover wrote:
Interesting comparison,  study

I like the Britains hipopotamus.

Hi Fernando - thanks and the Britains hippo is a fine model. BTW Timpo had an open mouth hippo in their older lead series.

Roger wrote:
Very useful topic comparing to british vintage companies! It has also great pictures and very complete information as usual. I suspect Roger will be very happy with this thread and I hope you present new chapters. Very Happy

Rogério - there will be more chapter - this is just the beginning. Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:
This is just wonderful cheers
So much information, it is priceless !!! Thankyou very much !!! Applause Applause

I have never seen theese Timbo models "real", but now I'll at least know what to look for Very Happy

You are welcome Susanne. Very Happy

Taos wrote:
Great comparison photos,and I will need to look out for the Black panther!

Hi Taylor - hope you find one soon.

rogerpgvg wrote:
Yes, nice comparison. I suppose the young elephant may be 1:32, although he looks much older than the Britains baby elephant. Do you have the Timpo lions, Chris? I believe they may be 1:32 scale, but I am not sure. If you have any individual photos of the Timpo figures, then I'll put them on TAW, as there is very little information about Timpo there.

Hi Roger I have the Timpo and Britains lions and I will do a comparison - the Timpo ones are very close in scale to the Britains lions.

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 9:49 am

Tiermann wrote:
The Timpo young elephant pose looks very much like one of the Elastolin  young elephant pose from the same era.

Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons Elastolin-elephant-young

Hi Tim

Most of the Timpo hollow-cast zoo models issued in 1950 - 1955 were inspired by Elastolin. Some of these were chosen for the plastic series introduced post 1955.

Roy Selwyn-Smith may have designed this range and he draws inspiration for Elasolin's animated style when he went on to work for Herald then Britians for soldier figures.

Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 5:08 pm

Comparison of the Timpo Impala with the Britains Sable,Wildebeeste,and Springbok
Comparison of the Timpo Red Deer with the older Britains Red Deer.
Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons 05015
Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons 05124

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 6:19 pm

Great comparisons, thanks. I had never seen the Timpo deer.

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 11:48 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:

Agree with Roger - Nice one Taylor.

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 11:48 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:

Agree with Roger - Nice one Taylor.

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 11:56 pm

Some close shots of the pairings from my first post:

Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons 50189885681_5768aaaede_c
Britains v Timpo Hippo by Chris Sweetman, on Flickr

Britains Hippo in the background.

Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons 50189885656_c42acdb83e_c
Britains v Timpo Tiger by Chris Sweetman, on Flickr

Britains Tiger in the background.

Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons 50189885771_2aa4d1a29b_c
Britains v Timpo Baby elephant by Chris Sweetman, on Flickr

Britains Baby elephant on the left.

Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons 50189885706_230bdfa9e3_c
Britains v Timpo Bison by Chris Sweetman, on Flickr

Britains Bison in the background.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 1:07 am

Fantastic, Chris! What a delightful feeling watching these photos! cheers

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 10:09 am

Thanks!Great pics again!! Smile

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 11:15 pm

Really nice comparisons photos Chris Applause
Now I also like very much these Timpo models, even only watching them on photos :)
Thank you !

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 1:20 am

Roger wrote:
Fantastic, Chris! What a delightful feeling watching these photos! cheers

Thank you Rogério and I have a few more to load soon.

Taos wrote:
Thanks!Great pics again!! Smile

You are welcome Taylor

costicuba wrote:
Really nice comparisons photos Chris Applause
Now I also like very much these Timpo models, even only watching them on photos :)
Thank you !

Thanks Kosta - Timpo at one time was a major competitor to Britains. I will be posting more images soon.

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 1:55 am

Face 2 Face

Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons 50204358202_7ff69dba0a_c
Britains v Timpo Hippo 2 by Chris Sweetman, on Flickr

Britains on the left 1315 Hippopotamus, adult open mouth introduced 1978 and deleted 1998 sculptured by Ron Cameron - PVC plastic

Timpo 6002 Hippopotamus introduced post 1955 and deleted early 1970's? sculptured by Norman Tooth - polythene plastic.

Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons 50203553463_68e9fc36f8_c
Britains v Timpo Tiger 2 by Chris Sweetman, on Flickr

Britains on the right 1345 Tiger, walking 2nd version introduced 1972 and deleted 1998 sculptured by Ron Cameron - PVC plastic

Timpo 6006 Black panther introduced post 1955 and deleted early 1970's? - polythene plastic.
Derived from hollow-cast model issued in 1950 and deleted in 1955.
The hollow-cast version was issued as both a tiger (with stripes) MZ4008 and as a lioness MZ4007.
Sculptured possibly by Roy Selwyn-Smith who went onto to work for Herald and then Britains.

Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons 50204358247_69bc276b37_c
Britains v Timpo Baby elephant 2 by Chris Sweetman, on Flickr

Britains on the right 1313 Baby elephant introduced 1964 and deleted 1998 sculptured by George Ford - available in both polythene &  PVC plastic

Timpo 6001 Baby elephant introduced post 1955 and deleted early 1970's? - polythene plastic.
Derived from hollow-cast model MZ4001 issued in 1950 and deleted in 1955.
Sculptured possibly by Roy Selwyn-Smith who went onto to work for Herald and then Britains.

Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons 50204085791_980eb9c9bc_c
Britains v Timpo Bison 2 by Chris Sweetman, on Flickr

Britains on the left 1354 Bison introduced 1961 and deleted 1980 sculptured by Unknown - available in both polythene &  PVC plastic
Derived from hollow-cast version first issued in 1931.

Timpo 6007 Bison introduced post 1955 and deleted early 1970's? sculptured by Norman Tooth - polythene plastic

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 6:52 pm

By special request the Britains v Timpo Lions and Lioness' comparison

On the left hand side Timpo and on the right Britains

Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons 50206719606_0632540c8a_c
Britains v Timpo Lions by Chris Sweetman, on Flickr

Row 1: Timpo v Britains Lion

Row 2: Timpo v Britains Lioness

Row 1:
Timpo 6004 Lion introduced post 1955 and deleted early 1970's? sculptured by Norman Tooth - polythene plastic.
Britains 1341 Lion introduced circa 1968 and replaced 1972 sculptured by George Ford - PVC plastic.
Note: Britains Lion same as first design issued in 1960 in polythene plastic also sculptured by George Ford. This version is bigger and much heavier.  

Row 2:
Timpo 6005 Lioness introduced post 1955 and deleted early 1970's? sculptured by Norman Tooth - polythene plastic.
Britains 1342 Lioness introduced circa 1968 and replaced 1973 sculptured by George Ford - PVC plastic.
Note: Britains Lioness same as first design issued in 1960 in polythene plastic which derived from the hollow-cast version first issued in 1929. This version is similar but face moulding is different, outstretched legs are shorter and it is heavier.

Last edited by Chris Sweetman on Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 12:47 am

Again wonderful photos
and very informative too :) Thank you Chris cheers

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 7:28 pm

I especially love the old antelopes , i remember me that these was my favourites in my childhood

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 6:24 pm

Thanks for the photos, especially the lions. I need to try and find them!

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons   Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

Britains and Timpo Zoo Wildlife comparisons
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next