Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!

Go down 
+18
George
landrover
Ana
Farm collector
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Caracal
bmathison1972
Pardofelis
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
costicuba
Roger
Taos
Advicot
SUSANNE
spacelab
Saarlooswolfhound
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 6:35 pm

Thank you everyone!

Pardo, I watched a documentary at some point and they pointed that out, which has always stuck with me. Guess I grabbed them both subconciously. Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 6:02 am

It has been a long time since I have been on a true vacation and explored someplace new. We are visiting my sister and her family this week in Maine and got to visit the Atlantic Ocean for the first time! It was difficult to get great shots with just my phone, the wind, and the sun "on the wrong side" (I am used to the Pacific ocean's usually western positioned sun when I photograph in the morning there) but here are a few that turned out ok. I hope to visit some more microbiomes and post more later on.
Can you spot the model?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My favorite from this outing

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 7:12 am

The swimmin spinosaur, the horseshoe crab with track included, and the blue-ringed octopus hidden amongst seaweeds are my favourites. Great imagination.

But oh my - what ginormous periwinkles thrived during Cretaceous!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 3:08 pm

Yes that beach was COVERED in snails. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 3:40 pm

Those colorful rocks and kelp are so beautiful! What a lovely place to take photos! My favorite is the megaloceros looking out at the ocean

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 6:09 pm

Those are the pictures "When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east"Laughing Welcome to my Ocean and thanks for providing so many phenomenal pictures. cheers

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 6:35 pm

A lovely selection of pictures, what a great idea to take a batch of figures on holiday for their photoshoot in exciting new spots, even if it has taken some getting used to facing the 'wrong' way! My local beach is on the east coast but sunsets there face west over the sea anyway (what a confusing mental image - it's due to a kink in the coastline Laughing )

I think my favourite is the horseshoe crab, and the genius idea of using the figure's underside to print some authentic looking tracks across the sand!

thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 7:32 pm

great photo session! I agree with George, the horseshoe pics are fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 9:08 pm

Thank you everyone! The beaches I have been to in the past have not been so mossy/seaweed-y and I loved looking at the colors at this one!

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 9:11 pm

Great photos!!!!!!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 10:37 pm

Some forest shots now... I was not too eager to go too far into the woods because this state has an abundance of ticks and that is perhaps the one thing I would say I am afraid of (and their illnesses they can spread).

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 11:15 pm

So much green! it looks so beautiful there. I've only been up to Vermont in the winter but I'd love to visit Maine in the summer, its such a beautiful state.

Is that first animal a raccoon dog? What brand is it?

I especially love the wolves and fawn curled up on the grass.

I love you

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 12:10 am

Thanks Jolie! That was a Wild Republic/Nayab style raccoon but it has since been customized by myself into a raccoon dog. Original model:

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 3:15 am

How beautiful- where in Maine were you? My mother is from there, an old founding family, and moved us up there when I was in high school. It is lovely there, but I missed the subtropics with its orchids and lizards. But if I had the money I'd be a snowbird- Florida can't equal Maine in May and June. Those rocky beaches put you in your place in the cosmos.

That raccoon dog looked at home, and the spinosaur, loved the fawn, that Megaloceros looked like a native. Great pics!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 3:30 pm

Thank you Kelly! We have been running around the area surrounding Portland. Biddeford, Kennebunk, Scarborough, Windham, etc. Its been fun! Very reminiscent of the few years I lived around Portland Oregon growing up. Similar climate and foliage, just different local culture and waaaay more ticks!  What a Face But it has been so much fun visiting some family I haven't seen in forever and getting to explore.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 12:22 am

Last Maine shots before I head home tomorrow. A few new additions to be announced later this week. 

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 1:01 am

Apparently the increasing populations of deer have the negative effect of spreading those ticks. I've just read a little about Lyme disease and I understand your fear.
Nevertheless, you were brave enough to take so many wonderful pictures and how cool is it that you take some figures to travel with you? Looking forward to see your new additions and have a nice trip back home.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 2:38 am

Safe travels then! You are running around where I lived- I lived in West Buxton near the dam, my high school is in Standish. We went shopping in Windham sometimes, and if you had more time I'd recommend lunch at Cole Farms in Gray- at least back then, they had the best fried mushrooms. Saunders Street in Portland is named after Nana's family. My first 'real' job was at the Maine Mall in South Portland, and I used to enjoy wandering around in Old Port.

I really like the Yutyrannus back among the rocks, and the raptor leaving his mark.

P.S.- have a lobstah roll at Scarbourough Inn!
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 5:27 am

I love these so much! The deinonychus on the beach looks just like an episode of Prehistoric Planet Laughing

And the lobster looks perfect among the rocks cheers

I look forward to seeing your new additions

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 2:58 pm

Thank you Roger, Kelly (what a small world!), and Jolie!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2022 11:50 pm

I have been missing my collection the last day or two so I took some tiny wolves out for a shoot. With a camera of course. Wink 

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2022 12:15 am

Lovely photos! The wolves are very detailed I love them

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2022 6:50 pm

idem! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 27, 2022 12:57 am

great photos of beautiful wolves!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2023 12:07 am

Has been almost a full year since I have gotten to do any real photoshoots! I took a small vacation and visited the Oregon Coast. Took lots of figures with me, but sadly the beaches we visited didn't have great rock outcroppings or tidepools for lots of the modern animals I brought... but it turned out to be a great opportunity for some prehistoric animal shots. I will post these in a few batches as I have time to go through my photos and pick the ones that I like best.

To start, here are the few marine life photos I got.

Papo edible crab
AAA hermit crab (don't worry Kiki, your walkaround is coming soon!)

Schleich wobbegong

Nature Technicolor Japanese giant salamander

Safari Crested Newt

PV long-tailed salamander

Sea wolves (Safari, Schleich, Mojo)

Safari sleepy dragon

Safari green chinese dragon

Papo swallowtail

That's it for now! Lots of prehistoric shots coming soon. :)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next