Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!

Go down 
+18
George
landrover
Ana
Farm collector
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Caracal
bmathison1972
Pardofelis
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
costicuba
Roger
Taos
Advicot
SUSANNE
spacelab
Saarlooswolfhound
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptySat May 22, 2021 1:47 pm

Great dioramas, especially the two first orca ones and the tiger shark one!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptySat May 22, 2021 5:26 pm

Thank you everyone! I love to hear everyone's favorites. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptySat May 22, 2021 5:34 pm

I LOVE your photos !!!
For instance : Look how those pinto horses are camouflaged in the rocks and snow !!! cheers

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptySat May 22, 2021 5:58 pm

Thank you Susanne! So glad to see you around here again. sunny cheers

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 11:08 pm

I have had a bad past few days and needed something to brighten my mood... what better than go outside and play with my "toys" a bit? I got a new package from our friend Nando, so these feature some new things from him.
First off, a new Japanese serow. My nieces and nephews always ask what it is and point to my lying down figure and they are confused when I explain that it a wild goat type of animal. This figure should better present the species on my shelves now and is a companion for my lonely resting model.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And now, at long last, my honey badger female has found the father of her kit now returned.

The family rejoices that he wasn't eaten by lions after all...

Next is a very exciting model for me. An Axelrodicthys! A prey specimen of Spinosaurus and a magnificent fish.
Enjoying a shallow pool...

Wrong place...

Wrong time!

A lovely fish dinner

And lastly, my cape buffalo herd has become fairly (re)productive of late! Odd since most of these are bulls... perhaps some orphans mingled in?

The two stray calves blend in well.

And it was good I got the fam out as it appears my oldest custom model is cracking and needs some repair work done.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2021 3:12 am

Great photos! Poor Axelrodicthys, but it really looks super is Spinosaur's dinner.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2021 10:59 am

I'm sorry to hear that the last few days haven't been so good- I'm sure being outside taking photos of these wonderful models really helped!
I love the pose of that Japanese serow, it goes perfectly on the rocks- an unusual species in an unusual pose definitely makes a must-have model! cheers
I love the beautiful blue of that fish too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 5:19 am

Super belated but thanks Kelly and Bonnie!

As I mentioned in another thread weather sabotaged my original plan for this photoshoot but I hate not to post the product anyway... so not my best work but still fun to get out for a bit. Too tired for clever titles...
Pack of gun dogs

My other favorite shot from this trip.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 5:27 am

I love the shots of the tiger, coyote, and pheasants in the grass! It looks like a real meadow! I also love the water photos with the softshell turtle.
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 7:24 am

The serows in the mossy rock are awesome! Surprised by the big number of buffalos you have. The tiger blending in dry reed bed is spectacular and I like also a lot the softshell turtle pics. Did Postosuchus provided parental care to youngsters?

Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 9:30 am

Amazing photos, good job! Applause
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 10:00 am

So many wonderful photos, my favourite has to be the one of the three hunting dogs, the perfect place for them outside doing what they know best! Very Happy I love the shot of the tiger in the grass too, but I was amazed at how realistic the one with the softshell turtle looked by the water, as well as the elephant seals! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 5:23 pm

I love the pheasants with the coyote, Postosuchus mom and babies, and the plesiosaur- I have that model lol, or a knockoff of it- really love the camouflaged tiger esp first photo, but the softshell ones are spectacular!cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 5:53 pm

Thanks everyone! You all have talked about the ones I thought turned out best. :) The last time I was there it was a lot greener and the water was lower and clearer, this time the plants have started to die back with our sudden rainy cold snap and the water was murky and high and sadly there was a lot of trash left behind by awful people. I was glad to get the shots I did.  Very Happy

As far as can be told from the fossil record there is no evidence of Postosuchus parental care (but there isn't evidence against it either...). I got 2 of the safari prehistoric croc toob figures in a thrift bag many years ago, then bought the whole toob myself and I think they scale fairly well with the original model. Wink

Thank you everyone!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 12:52 am

Not my usual style but I was SO excited to recieve these in the mail I HAD to have a little fun with it... my siblings and friends got a bit of scare in their text messages that day.   Laughing

And my favorite supermodel.

And then for fun, a super small jumping friend that entertained me at work one day.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 3:19 am

These are some really great spider models- and if I had a smartphone, I'd have totally sent those to my daughter. I think the rose is one of my favorites, it's so well camouflaged.
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 9:22 am

I always liked the jumping spider, but all of them seem so realistic in your photos! Great!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 1:16 pm

They look so realistic in your photos! cheers I love how models of insects can be life-size too, definitely makes them very good photography subjects! Very Happy And your gorgeous spaniel friend also found a place in your photos, such a sweet dog! I love you
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:29 pm

Now I know what A spaniel thinks about spiders. Next time I will try to find what spiders think about Spaniels. Tha'ts all very realistic. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 6:38 am

Thank you everyone! I have finally given in to the arachnids... I am honestly very nervous around real ones, but plastic models are just too exciting to pass up! And Flynn didn't mind them at all, not sure what the spider thought!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 3:22 am

I have had a few days off and got to do some hobby things that I have missed doing! Due to working toi much. Wink
Not great shots as I stayed close to home but I had lots of fun!

And I couldn't resist....

And then a short story, Alain style. :)

The King if the river out for a cooling swim...

However, a new userper has arrived on the river scene

Loud bellows of intimidation ensue

The infiltrater loses his nerve and quickly swims off

Long live the River King

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 5:24 am

Great shots!! I’m glad you were able to go out and have some fun! I see we both got some salamander photos Laughing

I really love the spinos fighting and how the loser disappears into the murky water, that photo is amazing! Also I adore that mole rat.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 2:34 pm

Paige, I think you are working toy much. Wink
Fantastic pictures and I love the river king story, especially the scene of the defecting one.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 4:37 pm

More salamanders! As I said with Joliezac's shoot, they really do look perfect cos of how easily they match the scenery scale. And the Spinosaurus showdown is great fun, too, neat use of the swimming pose as the challenger makes his getaway.

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 9:05 pm

Now that you put them together, naked mole rats and Lystrosaurus have a striking resemblance each other!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next