Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus

Go down 
+8
costicuba
Taos
SUSANNE
Advicot
landrover
Roger
rogerpgvg
Tiermann
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus Empty
PostSubject: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptySun May 31, 2020 10:08 pm

I looked back for my last additions thread but it was from 2016 affraid , so I figured better to start a new one. I am just going to post some of the new additions I have had here since that big lot of composition animals I posted about a while ago.
Just posted a what is it thread about this great unknown beaver

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

that was a pretty great find, and here is one that had me jumping up and down. The Grey Iron ducks. May not look that exciting, but it is pretty rare and I got it at a reasonable price. I am now just missing one of the Grey Iron animals, the similar rooster and hens. There is one on eBay right now, but it's about $80 so I am waiting to see if I can someday find one at a better price. I searched for these ducks for about 10 years I think.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals

Last edited by Tiermann on Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptySun May 31, 2020 10:10 pm

Other oldies - from American Metal Toys the deer, the mule and the laying sheep. This is the first time I ever saw the lying sheep available and got it for a great price. The deer is always high priced but this one was pretty good. I am now only missing three AMT animals, the walking sheep, a different version deer, and a goose that is attributed to them but uncertain where it's really from.

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptySun May 31, 2020 10:12 pm

All of these have been from maybe the 1930s or 40s. Here are two last ones from that era before I move on. Barclay horse and bull.

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptySun May 31, 2020 10:14 pm

Moving forward in time a little here are some Marx large hard plastic animals from the 1960s. Part of a jungle shooting game set, and sold in bins. I have most of the set now, just missing the gorilla and the baby elephant.

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptySun May 31, 2020 10:17 pm

From a similar era a bunch of Starlux I have added these last couple of years. I will have a few more soon - a group of prehistorics I am very much looking forward to getting. I will post in a couple of weeks with them.

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptySun May 31, 2020 10:18 pm

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptySun May 31, 2020 10:20 pm

Now to current era - harder to get are these two Southlands Replicas thylacoleo and diprotodon

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptySun May 31, 2020 10:24 pm

and I will finish up with Safari Ltd. I have been updating the Good Luck Minis pages at Toyanimal.info and it is fully up to date. The only one I am missing is the most recent jellyfish. The newer one is a transparent plastic and I keep trying to get it but get the old color instead. If anyone finds them locally I will happily pay you to ship one to me.
Here are the new additions in Good Luck minis for 2020. Day Gecko in two colors, hedgehog, and the Predators Fun Pack

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptySun May 31, 2020 10:28 pm

Some other Safari ones I got that I really like. Just love this Hippogryph. It's one of those ones you get because it's on sale and then end up falling in love with once you have it in hand.

A couple other ones I am happy with

I have added lots of other things in the last year or so, and of course many many Playmobil ones (I have over 1300 Playmobil ones now). I will stop here for now though. Thanks for reading
Tim

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptySun May 31, 2020 10:32 pm

Lots of beautiful additions. The Marx figures have amazing sculpts! Do you know what breed of cow the Starlux is? The unknown beaver is very beautiful. Is it composition material?

Edit: I see in your other post that the beaver is indeed of composition material.
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 12:21 am

The eating Starlux cow looks like maybe a Charolais but it may well just be a generic milk cow. I am not sure how the ones on the bases like these fit in compared to the ones like Susanne's that do not have them. Earlier perhaps?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 12:59 am

It is wonderful to see your additions again, Tim! You collect loads of North American vintage models and you are their strongest voice on forum. I understand, even if these ducks may not look anything special to many collectors, they are surely very important for you. 10 years searching for a figure is pure collector patience. I obviously love the Starlux pangolin and anteater. I also hope someone can ehlp you identifying the beaver.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 1:41 am

Many additions for your collection. I like the Donkey and the goat starlux.

Congrats. cheers cheers cheers

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 10:03 am

Very nice figures, what brand and species is the dino under the maurichenia (have I spelt that right Embarassed )

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 11:13 am

Great to see you are still making wonders to your colletion sunny

All those amazing oldies cheers

Congratulations with finding the duck !
No feeling like having in your hand something you have wished for for many years drunken

As Roger says, we are very fortunate to have you among us to remind us there was a world of toys outside Europe before 1945 Very Happy

I wonder...we see all those gorgeous Japnese models these days, but they did also make composition models.
Searching TAW, I found these, made of metal, - and also entered by you Applause

Sorry, my mind was wandering Laughing

All your new models are exceptional !
I can't mention them all, but a few :
Your Starlux donkey is real old style, he is absolutely wonderful I love you
And the hippogrif ! I have one also, even if I do not collect fantasy, - it is irresistable Very Happy

And something makes me "personally" very happy : Tim is taking hand of the Safari minis again !!!! cheers
They have missed you so much Very Happy

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 11:42 am

Some lovely old and wonderful models. Applause Applause Also would agree with you on the Hippogriff-a wonderfully detailed model!

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 9:12 pm

Advicot wrote:
Very nice figures, what brand and species is the dino under the maurichenia (have I spelt that right Embarassed )

Hi, that's the Yutyrannus from Safari. It's one of the best feathered dinos I think.

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 9:31 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

I wonder...we see all those gorgeous Japnese models these days, but they did also make composition models.

So, I found out not long ago that some unidentified composition animals that I have (on Toy Animal Wiki already) are actually Japanese by the company Trico.
I have moved them into that category today. So you have an answer in part. Thanks for the reminder about this :)

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 9:38 pm

Tiermann wrote:
The eating Starlux cow looks like maybe a Charolais but it may well just be a generic milk cow. I am not sure how the ones on the bases like these fit in compared to the ones like Susanne's that do not have them. Earlier perhaps?

I also thought the cow may be a Charolais, but her udder is rather large for a type of cow more well-known for their beef than milk. She certainly looks older than Susanne's Starlux cattle. Caracal said the base was used to attach them to the box in which they were sold.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 10:13 pm

Tiermann wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

So, I found out not long ago that some unidentified composition animals that I have (on Toy Animal Wiki already) are actually Japanese by the company Trico.
I have moved them into that category today. So you have an answer in part. Thanks for the reminder about this :)

Ohhhh, Tim, - you almost gave me a heart attck, when I followed the link to Trico pale cheers bounce cheers

I have seen that zebra on German Ebay some years ago, but there was another bidder who obviously wanted it even more than I did Suspect Laughing

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 4:56 am

Congratulations for having these wonderful models Tim :)
Oh, these Marx ... I really like them.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 6:18 pm

Big congratulations Tim, especially the unknown beaver and the Marx olides are interesting catches :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 9:34 pm

The Starlux cow is from the first Starlux series, see here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't see the donkey and goat. Not in the second series either:

Perhaps there was another series or the second series isn't complete?

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 11:12 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
The Starlux cow is from the first Starlux series, see here:

I don't see the donkey and goat. Not in the second series either:

Perhaps there was another series or the second series isn't complete?

There is a 3rd Starlux Farm series known as "Luxe" among French collectors. Probably Deluxe for English language. Maybe Tim knowns some more about it.

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 1:59 am

It looks like they were using the bases on at least some figures from the beginning through the 1950s and maybe into the early 1960s. The Donkey is in the first series thread by itself from Thierry's collection. The goat looks like the second series goat, just with the base. The dog is not shown in either of those threads, but we can't assume that what's shown is all that was made obviously.
I know very little about Starlux beyond what I have learned form my friends here.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus   Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus Empty

Back to top Go down

Tiermann's Recent Additions - Aug 20 Trico plus
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next