Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

sunny's collection

Go down 
+22
widukind
Roger
Wilorvise
sunny
Caracal
landrover
Kikimalou
Balaenoptera
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
MartinH
Shanti
thebritfarmer
pipsxlch
Ana
Birdsage
jarda
Taos
SUSANNE
rogerpgvg
Bonnie
Advicot
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

sunny's collection  - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2023 5:49 pm

I see you like stripes. Elastolin made great models, both in composition material and in plastic. The tigers are excellent examples. Congratulations on finding the painted version of the Kitan rolling zebra. I am sure you know it is very rare! It is very useful for me to see a comparison with your other zebras. Although I know the size of the Kitan's base, I hadn't managed to work out how large it would actually look. In your last photo, what are the two zebras to the right of the Elastolin?

One other 1/32 zebra that you can sometimes find in random lots is by Toy Major. Be careful though because there is a much larger version with the same pose.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2023 11:13 pm

Beautiful collection of Zebras and a wonderful tiger!! cheers cheers cheers

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2023 12:34 am

widukind wrote:
Nice zebras  What is the english name for figures loke the pigs. In Germany it is Margarinefiguren.

Thank you Andreas. I don't know the brand of the pigs. Just that I liked them/ I think they could be American because I've seen these figures from US sellers now.

Roger wrote:
It is nice to see monochromatic figures in your collection but you would never get a impressive herd effect like this if your zebras were monochromatic. Wink
I enjoy so much that mix between modern and vintage at the same scale as we see in your, Christophe's and Roger's collections.

Thank you Roger, and yes that would be interesting to see.

I agree, I think the vintage and modern figures blend together nicely. I am always inspired by Christophe's and Rogers collection, and Alains!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2023 1:29 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
I see you like stripes. Elastolin made great models, both in composition material and in plastic. The tigers are excellent examples. Congratulations on finding the painted version of the Kitan rolling zebra. I am sure you know it is very rare! It is very useful for me to see a comparison with your other zebras. Although I know the size of the Kitan's base, I hadn't managed to work out how large it would actually look. In your last photo, what are the two zebras to the right of the Elastolin?

One other 1/32 zebra that you can sometimes find in random lots is by Toy Major. Be careful though because there is a much larger version with the same pose.

Thank you Roger. Yes Elastolin have beautiful figures.
Brett helped me get the Kitans! Many thanks to him for arranging this, with all those logistics involved. He offers a great service!
I saw the other zebra too, but the investment stretched to only one striped one Wink
I'm glad the comparison helped you. I took them off the base because they can be arranged in a couple of different poses. I haven't removed the 2 posts from the back of them, but I will one day.

The 2 zebras are an old composition one. And the other one is a lead one.

That Toy Major is interesting, nice pose. The legs are bit too thick/chunky for my style. I would maybe trim them down a bit:) but it is a nice model!

Taos wrote:
Beautiful collection of Zebras and a wonderful tiger!! cheers cheers cheers

Thank you Taylor!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2023 5:12 am

Thank you, i dont mean the brand of the pics. Is there a generally english word for monochrom plastic figures like the pigs.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2023 9:45 pm

Big congrats for the Hausser tiger an this wonderful zebras flock Annette! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptySat Oct 07, 2023 6:26 pm

sunny wrote:
That Toy Major is interesting, nice pose. The legs are bit too thick/chunky for my style. I would maybe trim them down a bit:) but it is a nice model!

Yes, vintage brands hardly ever made thick legs, which makes them quite different from quite a few later figures.

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 08, 2023 2:00 am

widukind wrote:
Thank you, i dont mean the brand of the pics. Is there a generally english word for monochrom plastic figures like the pigs.

ah, actually I don't know Andreas!

Though I came across some homemade figures (I think - they looked like they were homemade to me, and not from a factory), and the seller called them 'ReMoulds' - maybe because they had copied an original mould and made these all in one colour plastic, with no painting on them. I could be wrong.

Would Alain or Roger and Roger or Christophe, or anyone else know??

What are the American single coloured figures referred to??

Caracal wrote:
Big congrats for the Hausser tiger an this wonderful zebras flock Annette! cheers cheers

Thank you so much Alain!

rogerpgvg wrote:
sunny wrote:

Yes, vintage brands hardly ever made thick legs, which makes them quite different from quite a few later figures.

Yes that's very noticeable and probably because the larger palm-sized figures have heavier bodies and maybe needed thicker legs to hold them up??
or it just became a new trend?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 10, 2023 12:02 am

widukind wrote:

I am sure in this forum there are collectors more versed in the subject than me but I want to point something.
Contrarily to what happens in Germany, the collecting hobby is not as rich in terms of terminology as what we see in Germany. It is not only exclusive to figures, I know it happens with postcards too where they divid it into many categories with specific names, most of these do not exist in other languages. The same with plastic figures. For example, you have many categories for premium figures, in Portugal, all these categories you use are translated to "brindes" whose meaning is similar to the word gifts or "regalos" in Spanish.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 10, 2023 12:25 am

Really wonderful update Sunny!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 2:18 am

with Roger's help I received a little fox that perfectly fits my collection!
I've never seen this very detailed and beautiful little model before. It is rather fat bodied which is nice as lots of the dog type moulds in this size are usually on the lean side.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and here he is - acting just like a jackal does, when it sees a hyena! The jackal will come right up behind the hyena at an angle and usually do some howling calls Very Happy It is quite a fearless little canine! So I thought this little fox could try out the same technique on the zebra, though he can't get too close to those lethal hooves:)

they have made friends now so the fox takes his place at the front

and again, a new friend has come along, so the fox again goes to the back to investigate!
this pronghorn is getting ready for a repaint

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 2:22 am

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:

I am sure in this forum there are collectors more versed in the subject than me but I want to point something.
Contrarily to what happens in Germany, the collecting hobby is not as rich in terms of terminology as what we see in Germany. It is not only exclusive to figures, I know it happens with postcards too where they divid it into many categories with specific names, most of these do not exist in other languages. The same with plastic figures. For example, you have many categories  for premium figures, in Portugal, all these categories you use are translated to "brindes" whose meaning is similar to the word gifts or "regalos" in Spanish.

oh that's interesting Roger, that's why I've come across that name 'premium' before and had no idea what it actually meant haha!
in America there are so many single colour figures, compared to the UK at least.

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Really wonderful update Sunny!

thank you very much Paige!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 2:49 am

I just finished sculpting and repainting a Britains golden eagle into an American Bald Eagle for a customer!

I think it turned out very well Very Happy

I added a rock, because the branch on the existing model is rather a strange shape and the rock is much more fitting for such a grand eagle.

And I managed to paint the black pupil on the yellow irises with a black surround! It is about 1.5mm in size.

The wing tips had to be sharpened as the Bald Eagle has beautiful primaries that have a sharp edge to them.
And his chest has hints of a deep blue amongst the rich dark browns befitting his regal coat.

on the rock

Here he is compared to a Britains golden eagle. Attention to his primary wing tips. The primaries are the huge first 6 outer flight feathers of his wings. The ones next to them closer to his body are then called the secondaries.

his beautiful white tail feathers

and to put his size in perspective - he is pretty small!

he is such a majestic bird, you can feel his power!

I really enjoyed sculpting and painting him and shall do some more!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 11:58 am

Wonderful job Annette! cheers cheers drunken  with very realistic shades on the wings and a very realistic rock too!  Very Happy

Last edited by Caracal on Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 1:48 pm

This is an exquisite work. The coloring is perfect, and the addition of the base makes the model stand out more from the original version, making it appear as a completely different figure. The detail with the primaries is fantastic, to make it perfect, I think it only needed some shorter pants for a fishing trip. Wink Superb work with the details on the head – how is such precision possible in such a small figure?

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 8:34 pm

Beautiful transformation cheers cheers cheers cheers

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 9:41 pm

Fantastic repaint! A great way of getting another species.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 12:50 am

Big congratulations, this job is marvellous, it has nice colors.

Applause Applause Applause Applause

sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 1:10 am

Caracal wrote:
Wonderful job Annette! cheers cheers drunken  with very realistic shades on the wings and a very realistic rock too!  Very Happy

Thank you very much Alain, a lovely compliment from an expert painter Very Happy

Roger wrote:
This is an exquisite work. The coloring is perfect, and the addition of the base makes the model stand out more from the original version, making it appear as a completely different figure. The detail with the primaries is fantastic, to make it perfect, I think it only needed some shorter pants for a fishing trip. Wink Superb work with the details on the head – how is such precision possible in such a small figure?

Thanks Roger, I had to use a magnifying glass for the first time ever and it made such a difference to my work!
I'm not sure where his other pants are but he had a big meal here before he flew off to his new home so no need to catch fish for a little while.

Taos wrote:
Beautiful transformation cheers cheers cheers cheers
Thank you so much Taylor!

rogerpgvg wrote:
Fantastic repaint! A great way of getting another species.
Thanks very much Roger! yes it is a great way to get another species.

landrover wrote:
Big congratulations, this job is marvellous, it has nice colors.

Applause Applause Applause Applause
Thank you very much Fernando!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 7:28 am

Nice work

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 4:01 am

widukind wrote:
Nice work

thank you Andreas!
Back to top Go down
Morek

Morek

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 11:02 am

sunny wrote:
with Roger's help I received a little fox that perfectly fits my collection!
I've never seen this very detailed and beautiful little model before. It is rather fat bodied which is nice as lots of the dog type moulds in this size are usually on the lean side.

and here he is - acting just like a jackal does, when it sees a hyena! The jackal will come right up behind the hyena at an angle and usually do some howling calls Very Happy It is quite a fearless little canine! So I thought this little fox could try out the same technique on the zebra, though he can't get too close to those lethal hooves:)

they have made friends now so the fox takes his place at the front

and again, a new friend has come along, so the fox again goes to the back to investigate!
this pronghorn is getting ready for a repaint

I think I have the same model. I painted it a bit👍

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 5:50 pm

that seems to be the same model indeed Anna! and you have done a nice repaint on it
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 5:57 pm

Applause Applause Applause

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 2:32 am

I bought a very cute lego type bear that was on my wishlist

he is stretching up for the bee hive on the tree, and manages to get it off to enjoy some honey before being stung too much

he has such a beautifully shaped face and body, and is similar to the very tactile yet attractive Playmobil figures that I love too
They are very much toy 'toys' but have a lot of beauty in them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

sunny's collection
Page 16 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next