Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

sunny's collection

Go down 
+24
George
Jill
widukind
Roger
Wilorvise
sunny
Caracal
landrover
Kikimalou
Balaenoptera
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
MartinH
Shanti
thebritfarmer
pipsxlch
Ana
Birdsage
jarda
Taos
SUSANNE
rogerpgvg
Bonnie
Advicot
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

sunny's collection  - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 4:59 pm

I really like this old stuff. Sadly we know much less about it

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 12:10 am

widukind wrote:
I really like this old stuff. Sadly we know much less about it

thank you very much Andreas, and yes quite a lot of this hobby is mysterious!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 27, 2023 4:25 am

I've been blessed recently with animals that I've been desiring for a long time! Not all have been on my wishlist though. It's been thru the generosity and kindness from friends here that has made this possible!

As soon as I saw this zebra on Susanne's thread I was in love! The Omo zebra is just so beautiful in many ways, either as painted or unpainted.
I love the texture of the stripes and the elegant pose. The proportions are perfect and the expression on the face.

NN brand (Susanne's pic)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And then with the kindness and generosity of Alain, Caracal, I welcomed a mare and foal into my zebra herd!

... and they came along with a whole Ark of animals!! I was stunned and humbled, and delighted!

I've been admiring these Omo figures for a long time as I drooled over Alain's posts of them :) and seeing the ones that he painted as well was amazing and inspiring.
One of the pleasures of collecting is making friends who collect too. This has been a new experience for me since I joined this forum, as I had spent my life collecting in private, with no-one to share my passion with!
And now I have wonderful friends who fill me with gratitude and joy.
Thank you Alain for making my herds even happier and more wonderful flower  sunny  cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 27, 2023 11:04 am

Annette, I am genuinely happy that you joined our little community. My favorite part of this hobby is also interacting with the wonderful people of this forum. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 27, 2023 5:26 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 27, 2023 5:55 pm

A very nicely sculpted zebra. Great to have a foal too. These unpainted figures look particularly good when you have many together, it's a very harmonious collection.

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 27, 2023 7:23 pm

Roger wrote:
Annette, I am genuinely happy that you joined our little community. My favorite part of this hobby is also interacting with the wonderful people of this forum. Very Happy

thank you Roger and nice that you feel the same way:)

widukind wrote:
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

thank you Andreas!

rogerpgvg wrote:
A very nicely sculpted zebra. Great to have a foal too. These unpainted figures look particularly good when you have many together, it's a very harmonious collection.

yes, thank you very much Roger, I agree

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 27, 2023 8:14 pm

I received a surprising horse from Roger, rogergvg, an ERTL Clydesdale and though it is accurate in scale it is taking me a little while to visually grasp this. Compared to the regular Britains horses, this is a large horse. I have seen photos of them before and even looking at those pics it has been hard to comprehend such an enormous horse.
All my Britains horses are packed away so I used my Hagerman's Horse (Britains zebra) in the pics, plus the large (tiny) cats I got recently.
This is a very beautifully sculpted and detailed figure and the plastic is heavy and good quality. I am impressed with ERTL.
Thank you very much Roger for your generosity and enhancing my collection!

and I got a beautiful fat rhino and fluffy bear I had my eyes on
They are hollow inside and the plastic is hard. I really love their cute expressions and the paintwork is nice

and the rhino compared to my Starlux, Toy Concept and a China one. The rhino fits in perfectly!

Also from Roger I welcomed 2 male impalas to my impala herd. They have had some fighting and bits of horns have broken off. This is quite natural in the wild as I've seen many impalas with different horns. I gladly accepted them, and they are delighted to be here.
The one with the shorter horns is the youngest, because they are just growing in.
Impalas are exceptionally beautiful antelopes and despite their appearance, they are a small antelope in size. I wonder if the Jeol ones are larger than life? They are one of my favourite antelope.

I'm very thankful to have such a wonderful friend as Roger and I will treasure these little figures Very Happy
they already fit in perfectly sunny

Here is a very young male impala showing the small horns just coming in. He is surrounded by his oxpecker friends, keeping the ticks off him.

and I had a new addition in my Disney impala herd too.
This first pic shows how impalas normally place themselves when awake - they have an all round stance, so that every degree of a circle is continually covered with both eyes, ears and nose. They usually have some distance between each other and the majority of the male impalas form their own herd (within their family range). This way they have good coverage and protection from invaders at all times.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 27, 2023 10:48 pm

Impalas are iconic creatures. Fortunately the big scale brands already released a few though I think they deserve to be more common in toy shape.
Congratulations for your new figures and Hurray for Roger. Very Happy

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 27, 2023 11:43 pm

Fine Disney impalas herd! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 9:23 am

Nice additions, especially the Jeol figures

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 9:32 am

Congratulation Annette cheers

I never noticed how big is a ERTL Clydesdale Shocked  Want one now Laughing

Your Disney impal herd is a bit blurry but very nice and the Jeol are awesome  drunken

But Shocked What is that incredible buddy ? Shocked Shocked Shocked  You are very very cruel with Macaques my friend Palmface  It's like a never seen candy, I can't stop looking at this wonderful unicorn  I love you
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 4:41 pm

Great additions.The Disney herd is really nice but I think they look more like Grant's gazelles than Impalas Smile And the Jeol Impalas are wonderful-such a stunning addition form a small but great company.

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 11:32 pm

Congrats on all of these, especially that beautiful bronze-looking collection of creatures, especially the zebra! They really look like metal sculptures. It's so nice to not only add much admired pieces to a collection, but especially to experience the kindness of other collectors.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 12:56 am

Congratulations Annette and hurray for forum friends! I too like the unicorn. Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:04 am

I think one reason why we have the impression that the Ertl Clydesdale is so large is because we are used to the Britains horses, and most are rather small for 1/32 scale. Many do not reach the accepted wither heights for their breeds. I treat them as ponies these days.

The Disney antelopes are a good example of where it is better to have many. I agree with Taylor that they look more like gazelles than impalas. I am not great at identifying species, but because of the dark patch, I'd say Thomson's gazelles.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 2:45 am

Very beautiful impalas....of course.👍

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 7:29 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
I think one reason why we have the impression that the Ertl Clydesdale is so large is because we are used to the Britains horses, and most are rather small for 1/32 scale. Many do not reach the accepted wither heights for their breeds. I treat them as ponies these days.

The Disney antelopes are a good example of where it is better to have many. I agree with Taylor that they look more like gazelles than impalas. I am not great at identifying species, but because of the dark patch, I'd say Thomson's gazelles.

Well, I never see a Britains ltd horse except on pics. I never see a real Clydesdale too, I never imagine this breed was so tall. Shocked
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2023 1:11 am

Roger wrote:
Impalas are iconic creatures. Fortunately the big scale brands already released a few though I think they deserve to be more common in toy shape.
Congratulations for your new figures and Hurray for Roger. Very Happy

Thank you Roger!

Caracal wrote:
Fine Disney impalas herd! cheers cheers

Yes, thanks Alain! and thank you for my very special Ark members Wink

widukind wrote:
Nice additions, especially the Jeol figures

Thank you Andreas, and yes they are indeed!

Kikimalou wrote:
Congratulation Annette cheers

I never noticed how big is a ERTL Clydesdale Shocked  Want one now Laughing

Your Disney impal herd is a bit blurry but very nice and the Jeol are awesome  drunken

But Shocked What is that incredible buddy ? Shocked Shocked Shocked  You are very very cruel with Macaques my friend Palmface  It's like a never seen candy, I can't stop looking at this wonderful unicorn  I love you

Yes I was surprised too Christophe by how big it is.
That was the camera itself! it was focusing on certain impalas, making some in the foreground blurry.

I'm glad you like this fat rhino! It's very much on the cutesy side for a model, but I will keep my eyes open for one for you. It is very beautiful in person, so I hope one day you get one!

Taos wrote:
Great additions.The Disney herd is really nice but I think they look more like Grant's gazelles than Impalas Smile And the Jeol Impalas are wonderful-such a stunning addition form a small but great company.

Thank you Taylor! haha yes I will have to check out the Grant's gazelle markings. I always just think impala first, because I see them every day.
Yes the Jeols are truly wonderful. The colours are a bit bright and surreal but the mould is just perfect.

Jill wrote:
Congrats on all of these, especially that beautiful bronze-looking collection of creatures, especially the zebra! They really look like metal sculptures. It's so nice to not only add much admired pieces to a collection, but especially to experience the kindness of other collectors.

Thank you Jill, and yes you are right - the metallic sheen to the plastic is deceptive.
And ofcourse, in both cases the joy is heart warming! It makes the figures very very meaningful to me, that they came from kind and generous fellow collectors.
Sharing my collecting joy with others here is really the best bit about being on this forum. And helping them expand their collection too.

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Congratulations Annette and hurray for forum friends! I too like the unicorn. Wink

Indeed, thank you very much Paige! and yes, it is a nice fat 'unicorn' Very Happy

rogerpgvg wrote:

Yes I agree with you Roger. It was a shock to me to discover this, especially since the ERTL is finely proportioned. I thought the Britians were the correct standard, but through your study on the 1/32nd thread I have realised the size differences.
Indeed, the Thomson's gazelles, haha!

landrover wrote:
Very beautiful impalas....of course.👍

Thank you Fernando!

Kikimalou wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:

Well, I never see a Britains ltd horse except on pics. I never see a real Clydesdale too, I never imagine this breed was so tall. Shocked

That's right Christophe, some of the photos of Clydesdales next to humans are just amazing! The horses are enormous! True giants!!

Are you interested in having some Britains horses for your collection??

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2023 1:59 am

It's a blessing to have found this forum and share my collection on here and most of all to have met lots of very wonderful people who share my passion for small plastic animals, and who kindly help me expand it!
For nearly all my life I kept my collection private and told no-one about it. I had no-one to share it with, and yes, I'd been laughed at before for collecting plastic toys! And for countless years I used to dream about finding and being given big bags full of 1/32nd plastic animals! Those were the best dreams ever!! Like xmas, only not on Dec 25th.

And because of being on here and realising that other people also love these little plastic models too, it's been nice to make new friends!
A short while ago I made a lovely new friend on here, Jim (JungleJim), who so very kindly sent me a beautiful Hausser Elastolin tiger and 2 Marx giraffes, via Isabella (mitsukuni). I was helping her add a very old hyena from Scotland to her collection.
Thank you Very much Jim!! and Isabella, as always thank You!!

As soon as I saw these elegant and sleek giraffes I was transfixed! and they were the right scale for my collection.
I'm a little bit open to some of my models being bigger than normal, to fit into my herds. As long as I'm happy with how they look together, then that suits me:)
Though, unlike Schleich (and those similar brands) collectors I can't do 'the rabbit is bigger than the elephant' figures Very Happy it's just the way I came to model collecting - everything must be in proportion and realistic in size for my collection Wink but ofcourse I will certainly add any of these newer brands models to my collection if they are the right proportions and size to fit in. I have a few Schleich giraffes and some hippos and others as well Very Happy

Here are the 2 very beautiful giraffes next to my repainted Britains giraffe, that I repainted for the painting month a couple years ago.

I didn't realise that these stunning giraffes are actually hollow until I received them!
and they happen to be rather fragile as well.
The detail to the sculpts is just superb and they are so much better in hand than in a pic
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2023 2:11 am

and here is the Hausser Elastolin tiger from Jim! Thank you very much Jim!!

beside my Britains tigers and cub that I repainted. Everyone gets on well Very Happy

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2023 2:17 am

Ages ago on my wishlist I put a little green pig. I'd never seen these before and it looked so cute. Then one day I came across not 1 but 2 of them! and they were with 2 yellow pigs as well.
They have very good detailing on them and if they were painted, they would be very handsome indeed! But for some reason I really like the green coloured ones.
It's always been a novelty for me to collect animals in just one colour, because I always had hand painted Britains and China/Hong Kong models and it was very rare to see a figure in monochrome.

These pigs fit in perfectly to my pig flocks!

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2023 2:54 am

Even though I prefer to collect herds and family groups of the same model, I am open to collecting as many different poses of that animal as possible. It is always exciting when I see a figure that I don't have.

I now have a very impressive and exciting herd of zebras!
They range from very very old to brand new and at 1/32nd they all fit together perfectly.
Even the rolling Kitan zebras fit in splendidly, as being smaller than the adults - they are the perfect size for 1yo juveniles!
Though in reality, I have only ever seen the Alpha male of his herd doing the rolling in the mud. He completely covers his side in brown mud and you can't make out any stripes at all!
All the mares prefer to keep their coats clean. He is a Mountain zebra and his herd of mares are all Plains zebras (Burchells). Their foals are half half - half are like him and half are like their mums! He is a super chill calm dude and nothing in the world flusters him at all. He really has a commanding presence and is an exceptional stallion!
And the only other time I have seen another zebra do rolling in the mud, it was another male, of the bachelor group of Plains zebras, which includes one of his 3yo sons in it. But this zebra wasn't really into a regular rolling session like the Alpha zebra.
And funnily the baby zebras from the Alpha male's herd tried to copy his rolling technique when he did it once. At a few months old they were so intrigued by him, but as of yet no-one else likes to roll in the mud like him.
I've been watching him for over 3 years and seen 7 of his foals grow up healthy and be part of his herd.

Onto my herd!

everyone has gathered around the waterhole

another herd (blue ears) has come to observe, waiting their time to drink

some comparisons
eating, drinking

mares and foals

juveniles rolling!

including my custom painted Hagerman Horses and Mongolian Wild Horses

I do have the Veb Plaho walking zebra mare and foal but left them out of this. They are nearly stripeless so I am repainting them.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2023 6:55 am

Nice zebras What is the english name for figures loke the pigs. In Germany it is Margarinefiguren.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2023 10:40 am

It is nice to see monochromatic figures in your collection but you would never get a impressive herd effect like this if your zebras were monochromatic. Wink
I enjoy so much that mix between modern and vintage at the same scale as we see in your, Christophe's and Roger's collections.

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

sunny's collection
Page 15 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next