Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

sunny's collection

Go down 
+24
George
Jill
widukind
Roger
Wilorvise
sunny
Caracal
landrover
Kikimalou
Balaenoptera
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
MartinH
Shanti
thebritfarmer
pipsxlch
Ana
Birdsage
jarda
Taos
SUSANNE
rogerpgvg
Bonnie
Advicot
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

sunny's collection  - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 10:07 pm

Great job! Very nice stripes cheers on kitty and on horses Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2023 12:43 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Oh that cub is darling... excellent work!

thank you Paige!

rogerpgvg wrote:
Wow, amazing! The tiger style works really well for the Britains tiger cub. I don't know how you can get so much detail on such a small figure - you must have a very steady hand. I notice that your tigers have "eyes" on their ears, as they should have. I only discovered this recently, as most 1/32 scale tigers lack this detail.

Thanks Roger! I have a steady hand and very good lighting. It is the lighting that really makes the difference when painting eyes. Yes, the ears are detailed as normal tiger ears with the white bar on the back of the ear, I try to be as correct as I can when painting.

widukind wrote:
cheers cheers

thank you Andreas!

Caracal wrote:
Very Happy Very meticulous and beautiful repaint on theses so tiny Britains tigers! cheers cheers drunken

thanks very much Alain! I am stepping in to your tiny spots domain Wink

Taos wrote:
Beautiful repaint!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

thanks Taylor!

Kikimalou wrote:
Great job! Very nice stripes cheers  on kitty and on horses Very Happy

thank you Christophe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 2:55 am

I got an interesting and strange looking animal - not sure what it is meant to be? It reminds me of some kind of prehistoric mammal perhaps?
along with some friends

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and a very nice red fish!

some birds, the 2 on the left are a little big for my 1/32nd scale,
but the emu and cassowary can fit it

and a very old celluloid type dog. It was blacker when I first got it, then after it's deep cleanse bath and scrub it now sports a shinier coat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 3:10 am

The celluloid dog is beautiful!! I love it! I also love the weird thing! Laughing Congrats on all these finds, all unique and very cool.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 7:36 am

Nice and rare additions

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 7:35 pm

Your weird animal is a kind of prehistoric manatee called Prorastomus .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 2:46 am

This celluloid dog is very interesting. The prorastomus is very rare.

Congratulations Applause Applause

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 2:49 am

Congratulations! Lots of great items. The manatee relative, the dog! That fish is prehistoric too. I got one in a cheap tube once and tossed thinking it was nothing special. Then a young member here who specializes in prehistorics educated me that it is a prehistoric shark(?) if I remember right! I have been looking for one ever since to relieve my sense of stupidity. Rolling Eyes Palmface

Congrats on all Annette!

**EDIT** Its a spiny shark!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2023 6:07 pm

Jill wrote:
The celluloid dog is beautiful!! I love it! I also love the weird thing! Laughing Congrats on all these finds, all unique and very cool.

thank you Jill!

widukind wrote:
Nice and rare additions

thanks Andreas!

Roger wrote:

Thank you Roger, I checked out that page. So that's why it is so beautiful and unusual! What an amazing world this is cyclops
What company is it made by? There is nothing I can see on it.

landrover wrote:
This celluloid dog is very interesting. The prorastomus is very rare.

Congratulations Applause Applause

Thank you Fernando, yes I've seen similar types of little dogs like this, so I reckon it is around 1950s? or later. It has great detailing on such a small model.
What do you know about this prorastomus figure?

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Congratulations! Lots of great items. The manatee relative, the dog! That fish is prehistoric too. I got one in a cheap tube once and tossed thinking it was nothing special. Then a young member here who specializes in prehistorics educated me that it is a prehistoric shark(?) if I remember right! I have been looking for one ever since to relieve my sense of stupidity. Rolling Eyes Palmface

Congrats on all Annette!

**EDIT** Its a spiny shark!

Thank you very much Paige! I am sure another one of these beautiful little spiny sharks will make their way to you.
It is very substantial and doesn't resemble a cheap type figure. Are these quite recent then if you got one in a tube? as to me it looks pretty old, like 1960/70s.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 7:02 pm

sunny wrote:

Roger wrote:

Thank you Roger, I checked out that page. So that's why it is so beautiful and unusual! What an amazing world this is cyclops

It looks like the PEC but both you can see on TAW are supposedly marked, I guess. Though, I don't own any of them, the PEC is basically a copy of the Play Visions figure.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 7:51 pm

Nice addition Annette, the dog, the Prorastamus and the Spiny shark are great find. I used to have the emu in the past, it is really good too 😊
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 1:33 am

Roger wrote:
sunny wrote:

Roger wrote:

It looks like the PEC but both you can see on TAW are supposedly marked, I guess. Though, I don't own any of them, the PEC is basically a copy of the Play Visions figure.

thank you Roger, I never saw them earlier when I had visited.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 1:33 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Nice addition Annette, the dog, the Prorastamus and the Spiny shark are great find. I used to have the emu in the past, it is really good too 😊

thank you Christophe! They all came together in one batch
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 1:50 am

I hope I can find another someday Annette! I think these models are old mould reused a lot, like other "chinamal" type sets they are copies of something. I have gotten several versions of other fish in the set in various types of plastic and paint/finish. I just recently got some that are old enough in style to be contemporary of the original figures, but have one I customized and another waiting to be that are much modern in style.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 6:13 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I hope I can find another someday Annette! I think these models are old mould reused a lot, like other "chinamal" type sets they are copies of something. I have gotten several versions of other fish in the set in various types of plastic and paint/finish. I just recently got some that are old enough in style to be contemporary of the original figures, but have one I customized and another waiting to be that are much modern in style.

post a pic of all those fish here for me Paige, that way I will know what to look out for if I see any here.

I collect some models of fish, not all though, so as long as I know the ones you are wanting I can keep them in mind.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 4:54 am

my reindeer herd is growing

thanks to Cody for helping me find reindeer from my search list. The pv ones are really very beautiful in person, they stand well and are firm in body.

the baby reindeer may perhaps look like a musk ox baby Shocked  Neutral

And I got some tiny cats. They are larger than Britains cats. Some are cuter than others Very Happy

the little white cat is lead, not sure if it's Britains, and the hares are the Ikimon Satoyama Japanese ones

and with the tiny ermine weasels from the Golden Compass figures

and I got some more of the old ancient fish!

with some octopuses, the largest one on the left is a different one

and some others, the large manta is from somewhere else

and the ancient spiny shark with his friend! both are quite different

here are some cute lizards, my favourite beautiful iguanas and a chameleon

and with the really beautiful crassigus, thanks from Cody for these iguanas and crassigy

a cute little flock crocodile on his wooden rocking croc Wink
and an interesting fat crocodile, a flock shark, and at the back is a strange flat green lizard??
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 3:48 pm

Great additions!,congrats!!!

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 9:11 pm

Funny flock crocodile in his wooden rocking chair.😹

Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 12:36 am

Wonderful additions, just love those tiny cats!! I haven't seen those before. cheers Those lizards are also really cool.

My PV reindeer does not stand on her own at all, alas, she has very unsteady legs. Laughing
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 1:50 am

Jill wrote:
Wonderful additions, just love those tiny cats!! I haven't seen those before. cheers Those lizards are also really cool.

My PV reindeer does not stand on her own at all, alas, she has very unsteady legs. Laughing

me neither Jill, those cats are incredible and the seller knew nothing about them, except that they got them 10 years ago and can't remember where.

yes the lizards are beauties! I think one is a komodo

sorry to hear about your reindeer. The material of these is different from my pv oryx which are rather flexible and soft. This material is pretty good, harder, firmer. Especially suited for antelope and deer!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 1:51 am

Taos wrote:
Great additions!,congrats!!!

thank you Taylor!

landrover wrote:
Funny flock crocodile in his wooden rocking chair.😹

indeed Fernando Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 6:27 pm

Fantastic additions! The cats are indeed wonderful, great find! I don't know what the lead cat is. I don't know much about the Britains lead era, but my impression is that your cat has a different style. Great pose!

Do you know the brand of the reindeer on the left in the second photo? It looks similar to the plastic Hausser Elastolin. It's useful to have versatile figures such as the baby reindeer/musk ox that can represent more than one species.

The ermine weasels and NTC hare: Amazing, especially for such tiny figures.

Jill wrote:

You could try to put something between its legs and then leave it for a couple of months. It might stand up after that. Another solution (which I learnt from George) is to put some bluetack under its feet.

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 11:45 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Fantastic additions! The cats are indeed wonderful, great find! I don't know what the lead cat is. I don't know much about the Britains lead era, but my impression is that your cat has a different style. Great pose!

Do you know the brand of the reindeer on the left in the second photo? It looks similar to the plastic Hausser Elastolin. It's useful to have versatile figures such as the baby reindeer/musk ox that can represent more than one species.

The ermine weasels and NTC hare: Amazing, especially for such tiny figures.

Jill wrote:

You could try to put something between its legs and then leave it for a couple of months. It might stand up after that. Another solution (which I learnt from George) is to put some bluetack under its feet.

Thank you Roger. I've never seen this pose of cat before, even in lead moulds. I don't think it is a Britains but it is very well made and exceptionally heavy for it's size. It came to me in that colour.

The reindeer came from Cody and he said this about it -
The light colored reindeer is by Phidal, they are make kids books, and some of them have figures with them. I found it at a book store, Barnes & Noble, and thought you might like the reindeer.
Here is a link to the book on Barnes & Noble's website. I could not find it on Phidal's site. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

incidentally I have bought a couple of those book+animal sets from my local Morrisons a few years ago. They were around £5 I think. I've only seen the reptiles and African set (from memory)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 25, 2023 10:23 pm

I've got a few Phidal animals, but wasn't aware of the Arctic book. Strange that it isn't on their website. Would you mind taking a closer photo? I wonder whether I should try to find it.

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 2:24 am

yes I will do that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

sunny's collection
Page 14 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next