Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)

Go down 
+29
bmathison1972
Birdsage
rogerpgvg
Bloodrayne
Joliezac
pipsxlch
Stripedhyena
George
RtasVadumee
Jill
Burgerenby
sunny
Seeway
Markus
spacelab
Mitsukuni
costicuba
Ana
Kikimalou
Taos
SUSANNE
Bonnie
landrover
lucky luke
Saarlooswolfhound
Caracal
Roger
widukind
Loon
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 5:53 am

Thank you all for the comments. While the last Breyer I showed off was impressive, though, it pales in comparison to the one I have yet to show.

Sorry for not posting so much recently, I've recently encountered some health issues and found out I have type 2 diabetes. So, I'm sure you'll understand that figure collecting and posting to the internet have not been at the front of my mind. That said, this last weekend, I finally did manage to finish cleaning up and updating my display, so I wanted to share that here.

These are my Jurassic World/Park shelves
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is my bookcase in front of my window:

My bootleg Sideshow Collectibles Toothless

Aquatic animals from the Triassic and Jurassic periods
Triassic and Jurassic marine life

Marine animals from the Cretaceous period
The famous Western Interior Seaway of North America is represented here, along with some other creatures from the time.

The shelf dedicated to my favorite Dinosaur, Protoceratops

Next up, I wanted to focus on the extant animals I collect, especially since those have been the main source of my enjoyment as of late.

This is my updated aquatic animals display:

My wall-mounted shelf dedicated to extant terrestrial animals has grown significantly in terms of figures and actual size since I first shared that first picture of my collection.

BEFORE (A few days ago):

AFTER:

Now, some close-ups:

That's it for my displays, for the time being. I'll make sure to post some recent acquisitions sooner than later.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 8:05 am

Firstly, I am sorry to hear about your health concerns and hope you can find a way to manage your condition quickly. My dad suffers from the same thing, but he has been able to get himself on the right track and improve his quality of life now that he learned how to deal with it. I wish the same for you!

Secondly, excellent well... everything! A really great collection! I love your JP spinosaurus, your aquatic prehistorics, and... and... your display style is really pleasing and well placed. Thank you for showing and I can't wait to see more!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 9:41 am

I'm so sorry too to hear about this, I'm sure it has been a shock but like Paige says, I really hope you will find a way to manage it which I'm sure you will! STS and your amazing collection will be a very good distraction in the mean time, it's always so good to have a hobby when things like this happen. But I'm sure that gradually over time things will become easier and easier!
Your shelves are stunning once again, wow! cheers I just love how you have hung the swimming animals, and tilted them at different angles, it makes them look so realistic and the whole display look good enough to be what you would see in a museum! Applause And you have some really beautiful models like the PNSO, and the Safari Maned Wolf looks super on your shelves! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 2:24 pm

I second the words of Paige and Bonnie. They're really two very supportive persons and I believe the forum is a good place to distract you, especially when you know you will find such special people as they are. Your displays are really fantastic and actually they avoid the crouded style. It is very pleasant to look at these pictures. cheers

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 3:55 pm

Beautiful models, fantastic display! I really enjoyed looking at it! Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 4:04 pm

It's a big joy to visit your museum! I love the 1rst picture but enjoy wandering into your whole beautiful display! big congratulations Loon! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 6:07 pm

Very nice

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2021 4:42 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Firstly, I am sorry to hear about your health concerns and hope you can find a way to manage your condition quickly. My dad suffers from the same thing, but he has been able to get himself on the right track and improve his quality of life now that he learned how to deal with it. I wish the same for you!

Secondly, excellent well... everything! A really great collection! I love your JP spinosaurus, your aquatic prehistorics, and... and... your display style is really pleasing and well placed. Thank you for showing and I can't wait to see more!

Thank you, and I appreciate your concern. I've had family with this for forever, so luckily I'm not alone in this. I definitely want to get to the point your dad's at.

Bonnie wrote:
I'm so sorry too to hear about this, I'm sure it has been a shock but like Paige says, I really hope you will find a way to manage it which I'm sure you will! STS and your amazing collection will be a very good distraction in the mean time, it's always so good to have a hobby when things like this happen. But I'm sure that gradually over time things will become easier and easier!
Your shelves are stunning once again, wow! cheers I just love how you have hung the swimming animals, and tilted them at different angles, it makes them look so realistic and the whole display look good enough to be what you would see in a museum! Applause And you have some really beautiful models like the PNSO, and the Safari Maned Wolf looks super on your shelves! Very Happy

Thank you! And yes, working on the displays has been a good way to not go crazy over this. I'm happy you like how they all look, I didn't know how people were going to react to the hanging animals, so I'm happy to see that the response has been so positive!

Roger wrote:
I second the words of Paige and Bonnie. They're really two very supportive persons and I believe the forum is a good place to distract you, especially when you know you will find such special people as they are. Your displays are really fantastic and actually they avoid the crouded style. It is very pleasant to look at these pictures. cheers

I definitely appreciate how kind and supportive everyone here has been, even before this. Also, thank you so much, I really hate having my figures crammed together, I feel like it doesn't let them "shine."

spacelab wrote:
Beautiful models, fantastic display! I really enjoyed looking at it! Applause Applause

Thanks!

Caracal wrote:
It's a big joy to visit your museum! I love the 1rst picture but enjoy wandering into your whole beautiful display! big congratulations Loon! cheers cheers Applause

Ha, I've always considered it to have a very museum-like aesthetic. Though, with this most recent add-on, my brother has compared it to Laura Wingfield's "Glass Menagerie." Which, I don't know how to take that.

widukind wrote:
Very nice

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Markus

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2021 8:39 am

Very good collection and display! Congratulations.

Which brand is your narwhal??
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2021 9:31 am

I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. I myself developed the same disease some time ago and my condition has deteriorated since I had the Covid, the massive injections of corticosteroids have caused my blood sugar level to explode. Fortunately, with current treatments and a healthy lifestyle we can hope to find an almost normal path. I wish you good luck and you have all my solidarity. sunny

I love looking at your collection, the models you choose, the way you arrange them to compose your shelves. I find it charming and very well done. For me, succeeding in assembling a collection, working on my display cases, the way I display my animals is an important part of this hobby. I will enjoy coming back to watch all these wonders on a regular basis. Thanks for sharing it all. cheers

Can you tell me where you find these little plastic brackets please? bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2021 4:09 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2021 6:05 pm

Markus wrote:
Very good collection and display! Congratulations.

Which brand is your narwhal??

Thank you. The Narwhal is from the Monterey Bay Aquarium line by Safari Ltd.

Kikimalou wrote:
I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. I myself developed the same disease some time ago and my condition has deteriorated since I had the Covid, the massive injections of corticosteroids have caused my blood sugar level to explode. Fortunately, with current treatments and a healthy lifestyle we can hope to find an almost normal path. I wish you good luck and you have all my solidarity.  sunny

I love looking at your collection, the models you choose, the way you arrange them to compose your shelves. I find it charming and very well done. For me, succeeding in assembling a collection, working on my display cases, the way I display my animals is an important part of this hobby. I will enjoy coming back to watch all these wonders on a regular basis. Thanks for sharing it all.  cheers

Can you tell me where you find these little plastic brackets please? bounce bounce bounce

I appreciate that solidarity very much, thank you. It's always inspiring to hear people dealing with it well, since I can be very easily scared into thinking otherwise.

If you're referring to the black stands the figures are on, I use (mostly) these small black bathroom trays from Target: HERE

lucky luke wrote:
Very Happy Applause cheers sunny

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2021 5:25 am

A big thanks again to everyone for their comments on my last post and the kind and encouraging words left.

So, I've bought a few things, but since you've basically seen them all in the last post, I decided to share the other Breyer(s) I bought.

First up, I got "Smart Chic Olena" from the 70th anniversary series of Stablemates.
This is definitely the least impressive figure in this post, still, I think it's a very nice little figure. It's not my favorite color scheme ever, especially considering the other version of this sculpt I'm about to share. Even then, I'm happy I didn't get a duplicate, since the only other Stablemate I own is from this same series.

Ironically, before I even bought the blind bag, I decided to buy the larger version of that same sculpt, the 70th Anniversary Indian Pony.
Ever since I started my foray into the world of horse collecting, I have wanted this figure. Every time I would make an order from Happy Hen Toys, I would see and be very tempted, but the $45 price tag seemed a bit steep. Boy, am I happy I finally bit the bullet and added it to my last order because this is honestly such a beautiful model. Despite my avatar, I'm not particularly big into horses, but this model has given me physical proof of why so many people buy them. The Appaloosa pattern is what really got me, as, even outside of horses, I'd argue it's one of the nicest bits of decoration on any animal. And then, there's the fantastic sculpt, which I am shocked to find out is nearly 50 years old! God, I just can't put into words how much I like this thing; it's honestly got me thinking this horse thing is going to become a regular habit, well, maybe it already has...

I don't know what told me to do this, or how I ended up with this many horses, but, there you go...
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2021 7:08 am

Loon wrote:

If you're referring to the black stands the figures are on, I use (mostly) these small black bathroom trays from Target: HERE

No, I'm reffering to these ones

Back to top Go down
Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2021 7:21 am

Nice camera, good photos, excellent shelves!
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2021 8:17 am

Kikimalou wrote:

Ah, ok. I use these clear action figure stands from eBay: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2021 11:00 am

Fantastic, beautiful new additions- these horses are stunning! cheers I love the tower, with the tiny one on top! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2021 6:31 pm

Loon wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Ah, ok. I use these clear action figure stands from eBay: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you cheers
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 10:17 pm

sorry to hear about your condition, so I hope you find some solution that works best for your body.

such a fantastic collection! and awesome display! the hatchling protoceratops look so cute!

and I was wondering what is the height of the small stands you are using to hold the individual models ? (Figma holder?) is it too big for 1/32nd scale animals ?
thank you

Loon wrote:

North America is represented here, along with some other creatures from the time.

The shelf dedicated to my favorite Dinosaur, Protoceratops

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 10:49 pm

what a beautiful horse! have you seen the 1/12th Disney horse call Nokk ? from the Frozen II movie ? it also has a clear blue mane and long expressive tail but an opaque light blue body. I'd never heard of a Nokk until I saw the Frozen one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Loon wrote:

This is "High Tide" from Breyer.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 1:56 am

Your new breyers are great! Congrats! Breyer has some really nice old pieces that still stand the test of time. Ypu picked a really nice mould and paint work. Breyer fever is so contagious!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 7:28 am

Hi all, been a bit, but I'm back. I've said this in my new searchlist thread, but the reason for my absence was that school was ending and I wanted to focus on that more than anything. For my research writing class, I wrote a paper on the media reputation of the spotted hyena, and it just made me fall in love with this species. So, aside from a fantastic custom coming from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I decided to splurge on a rarity for my collection, a resin model.

This is the Spotted Hyena from Beauty of the Beasts, sculpted by Qingyu Li.

Here are some quick and dirty pictures:

With my Mojö Spotted Hyena.

The clan's about to feed on their owner's least favorite figure.

Overall, I quite like this figure. But, I can't say I'll ever be a resin collector. Too much careful handling needed for my sausage-like fingers. Add to that the hefty price tag, And I'll stick with mass-release toys. Still, this is a beautiful model, and really captures the real animal's personality more than the snarling gremlins a lot of companies release.

Last edited by Loon on Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 7:33 am

The dreaded marabou gets what it deserves.
Also gosh, that looks so beautiful.
I think they will look great next to each other, fur tone seems like it should match.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 8:47 am

Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 11:06 am

Nice to see you back and I hope the end of the school was as you expected.
These models from Beauty of the Beasts are really excellent and lifelike. Your presentation also helps to give even more dignity to that replica. Oh, I had a good laugh reading your excuse to not collect more resin models. That's exactly what happens with me. I only could not express it better. My fear of causing any damage to these figures also does not help but I really love them.
I am glad you used the Mojö Fun model. It still stands as one of the best mass produced hyena figures and it shows a very natural pose but different from what all others did.
Looking forward to see what will you receive from talented @Burgerenby's hands. bounce

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next