Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.

Go down 
+19
Birdsage
Joliezac
spacelab
RtasVadumee
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
bmathison1972
Megaptera
landrover
Taos
George
Kikimalou
Caracal
Jill
Bonnie
Roger
Pardofelis
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Part 26: Camelids   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 4:10 pm

Part 26: Camelids

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

photo 1 - L to R
Dromedary (Schleich 2020)
Dromedary Foal (Schleich 2006)
Bactrian Camel Foal (Schleich 2009)
Bactrian Camel (Collecta 2017)

photo 2 - L to R
Alpaca Foal (Schleich 2012)
Alpaca (Schleich 2012)
Llama (Safari 2011)
Young Llama (Collecta 2009)

I could not believe that CollectA did so wrong with the proportions of this ridiculously small, short-bodied and horse-like faced Llama, until I found out that they probably had a very young specimen's photo as a prototype. A teenager. Google it, it's pretty obvious to me now. So, I'll keep it like this and the beautiful Safari version is my adult. Some say that it's big, but I believe it scales perfect with almost all the CollectA or Schleich farm life.
The Camels are top-class models, so nothing to add or comment here.

----

I could not find something really important for me in my records collection for camelids, but I had some options. So, an instrumental track from The Police third album and a much more recent album cover with a beautiful photo of a Bactrian ready to party from Wilco's eponymous record. Here they are:  

The Police - Behind My Camel (1980)

Wilco - Wilco (2009)

Idea
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 4:56 pm

The Safari is my favourite llama, too, without a doubt - I just love the pose, and the way they've captured the texturing of the hair - flowing and shaggy rather than over-fluffy, perfect!

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 5:07 pm

You are making me want the Safari llama too. It is one of the reasons why it is great to share our collections and discuss each personal choices. My camelids are mostly Papo, Bactrian, dromedary and guanaco. I also have the CollectA llama and I agree with your observation and there's still a Schleich alpaca in my collection. I identify these two, dromedary and bactrian as very good models but I think Papo are equally good if not better. That's just a question of personal taste. I think any of the mentioned models can find easily place in every collection. I enjoy Police, my youtube is not working for any reasons but I will listen to it later.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 7:41 pm

Lovely camels and llamas and relatives, they all look so lifelike! Very Happy The Schleich dromedary was a wonderful surprise, it looks very well made! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 8:00 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 8:10 pm

Still on the dogs... As Rogério, the second pic could be from my shleves. For the wolf I have his majesty the Safari ltd Arctic wolf, as gray wolf I used a big 1/6 scale one but I don't want to afraid you with giants Laughing  

Camelids... Like with the Dugong you helped me to discover I don't have any modern camelids anymore except the "too" small Bandai and the Papo Guanaco.

The Schleich Dromedary and CollectA Bactrian camel are nice though but I don't know why they can't seduce me enough ... I might be just getting old Laughing
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 12:10 am

Wow, I had never considered the Safari llama to be such an interesting alternative, I actually never had a closer look at it. I thought that it was huge, just like the Mojo, but I see now that's it's the perfect candidate I had been looking for. Of course, a comparison with the Papo guanaco would be the most useful to me, but I guess they would fit nicely (domestic llamas are supposed to be bulkier and heavier than wild guanacos).

The CollectA camel is among those figures I want but don't need and thus, don't buy despite a burning desire to do so. I see it fits amazingly well with the Schleich dromedary, better than my Papo from an aesthetic point of view. I'm sad it's a male, just as the Papo, I would have enjoyed having a good excuse to order it.

I have been after that dromedary foal for ages, you know that, but finally opted for the Papo because of availability issues. Now, I have other things to deal with than trying to find it.

The dromedary mare will be remembered as one of the last Schleich masterpieces, before the "dark hours".

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 12:36 am

Great group again! The CollectA camel is a bit smaller than I expected, but nicely textured.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 1:03 am

I really like that CollectA camel!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 6:50 pm

Thanks, I'm interrupting these presentations, because I had some unanticipated additions to species already presented. They were found locally in fantastic price, here they are:

I did not intend to buy any more Pigs, so I got this Peccary from Safari, which isn't actually a Pig, but it's a Pig after all if you know what I pig... Rolling Eyes

The penguins might make things a bit confusing to the rest of my other penguins or might simplify them. Anyway, it's that quite rare King Penguin from Schleich and the common Emperor from Papo. So now I have 2 Emperors and 2 Kings that don't really know who is who.

At last, the only model I really really wanted for my collection, the wonderful Dodo from Papo, who will find its place next to my other flightless birds. I love this one!  Very Happy

Finally, you thought you'd get away without music, but wrong, because I have a song for additions.  Twisted Evil Daaayyy afteer daayyyy....

Violent Femmes - Add It Up (1983)

cyclops  cyclops  cyclops
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 7:09 pm

Add it up cheers I love you

Nice adds, I love the Papo Dodo too and I like the fact that Papo penguin have claws and not rounded fingers.

Beware of the pecari, the guy is ready to prey on the poor Penguin chick affraid
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 7:11 pm

Great find with the dodo!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 7:54 pm

Nice figures again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 9:25 pm

Wonderful finds, that dodo is full of personality and the penguin chick is so sweet, that model is really wonderful! cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 9:31 pm

The prettiest dodo and a rare model. The only peccary and a trio of very good penguins. I like the Papo model pictured from such a low level. They made the chick really small what is cool.
I also enjoyed the song, a vintage rock where the best part is at the end. Laughing

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 8:33 am

Roger wrote:
I also enjoyed the song, a vintage rock where the best part is at the end. Laughing

You are right Roger, even if the vintage aesthetic is mostly caused from using only acoustic instruments, especially that enormous bass that was a trademark of them. The funny thing is that when those American bands broke in for the first time around 1982-83 (Violent Femmes, REM, The Dream Syndicate etc), we were talking about New Rock as a genre...sure this was 40 years ago...haha.
Another odd thing with this debut album of Violent Femmes is that it has sold more than 3 million copies only in the States, without ever entering the Top-100.

And a worthy trivia that can link with STS interests, do you know what the little girl (in this iconic album cover you see on the video) is peeping through the window? Well, they told her there were animals inside this house. An awful lie for a kid, but it worked.. sunny

Kikimalou wrote:
I like the fact that Papo penguin have claws and not rounded fingers.

Christophe, this was such a hit below the belt for the German friend.  Razz (yeah, you're right!)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 8:42 am

scratch Which German friend ? Embarassed ( Macaques have no belt Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 3:26 pm

Congrats! The dodo especially! Each one is a very nice model though, congratulations again.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 12:09 am

spacelab wrote:
Roger wrote:

You are right Roger, even if the vintage aesthetic is mostly caused from using only acoustic instruments, especially that enormous bass that was a trademark of them. The funny thing is that when those American bands broke in for the first time around 1982-83 (Violent Femmes, REM, The Dream Syndicate etc), we were talking about New Rock as a genre...sure this was 40 years ago...haha.
Another odd thing with this debut album of Violent Femmes is that it has sold more than 3 million copies only in the States, without ever entering the Top-100.

And a worthy trivia that can link with STS interests, do you know what the little girl (in this iconic album cover you see on the video) is peeping through the window? Well, they told her there were animals inside this house. An awful lie for a kid, but it worked.. sunny

The vintage was about the rythmics even if the sound contributes to it too. The bass is absolutely spectacular, not only at end where it is completely crazy. To be fair, it is a song that worth listening again and again.
I didn't know about the photo but I enjoy these details. I got very intringued with that picture, so I think it really worked. Laughing

spacelab

PostSubject: Part 27: Anteaters & relatives...   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 3:46 pm

Part 27: Anteaters & relatives...

photo 1 - L to R
Giant Anteater (Papo 2013))
Brown-throated Sloth (Schleich 2017)
Southern Tamandua (Mojo 2013)

photo 2 - L to R
Giant Pangolin (Schleich 2016)
Aardvark (AAA)
Aardvark (Safari 2006)
Indian Pangolin (Mojo 2014)

We had some weeks before that hyper-analytic [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by Roger and his anteaters and I think most of us expressed opinions, we even had a poll, so not much more to say. Beautiful creatures after all!
I'm happy there are pangolin models to buy for our collections, even happier that these two are really good.
Now, I moved the AAA Aardvark to my main collection, because after acquiring the Safari model I noticed they are exactly the same size, which is somehow big of course, but not freaking big. It depends with what model sits next to them. I still have not decided which is better, there are some features on the AAA model that it's unlikely we ever see on a modern big brand, like those huge claws for example. And even if these two are made totally different, I think they look cool together. Smile

That's all, no music this time... Sleep

Last edited by spacelab on Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 3:52 pm

Great figures! I thought for some reason the mojo pangolin was much larger than the Schleich one, definitely gotta get mojo’s now Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 5:39 pm

Beautiful models! cheers The Papo model looks stunning in your photo, really detailed and so many shades of brown- it looks very realistic! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 5:54 pm

Very nice batch Kostas  cheers  As Rogério I have a huge bias for anteaters and relatives.

There is no "decent Laughing " sized aarvark for now, only too small or too big, the too big are excellent (the too small too  Very Happy )

Ther's only two models I don't have in your selection, the Schleich Sloth, it is not bad at all but I already had enough sloths and this one isn't "far better" than the others. On the other hand, I don't have The AAA Aardvark and I would love to catch one drunken  i'm a bit jealous Mad

And what about music ? Nothing ?

What about Slippery sloth ? Sleep

Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 6:11 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
And what about music ? Nothing ?

Hehe, the Rule is that whatever I post has to lie somewhere in my records collection. I only could think of an amazing compilation I have, by a Sheffield label called Aardvark Records, but I was too bored to take photos and explain what this compilation is about.  (also no-one really cares :p)

Check the logo:

bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 6:55 pm

That AAA Aardvark looks absolutely perfect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.
Page 10 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next