Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MOJO in Peru

Go down 
+19
baltimore zoo
landrover
Ana
Wildheart
Philter4
SyLoBe
remrock02
lucky luke
aandmkw
Lasersword1973
Kikimalou
ken yeo
Sergey
Roger
MartinH
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
skysthelimit
atabini
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

MOJO in Peru - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 12:55 am

lucky luke wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
I really, realy love the lions, especially the male. He is sort of majestic like a lion ought to be Very Happy

Me too, I loved him when I saw Christophe's photos and this one has better paint job...

I agree with you they are quite splentides, I'll take the whole family
It really is the king of the Lions.
sunny cheers king

Very brave from you Jean! cheers
When we learn something for a long time sometimes is not easy to change our thoughts about a figure. As I told before, in some points this figure is better than the Papo king of the jungle. Legs, pose, proportions, etc. Papo has also many nice points, detail of the fur, coloring, but an exagerated artistic touch gives us slightly less realism. I have and love both figures! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 7:52 am

Can't quite put my finger on it, but somethings weird with the snouts.
The lion and lioness's snouts looks like they're being pulled forward by imaginary forceps.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:50 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Can't quite put my finger on it, but somethings weird with the snouts.
The lion and lioness's snouts looks like they're being pulled forward by imaginary forceps.

I think the shape of the head is quite correct, but pehaps if the mane grew forward a little and a more rounded chin, it would look more like the other figueres ?

I have googled a lot of lion-pictures, and they are somewhat different in profile. I suppose there are different looks in differnet places and the looks also vary with age. study cat

But perhaps our sculpture-experts are better judges than I am geek
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 9:25 am

Hurrah for the wolves... Especially the walking one Cool
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 12:00 pm

The wolves are fabulous!

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
atabini

atabini

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 4:04 pm

I am agree with you Christophe and Sylvia,

Both wolves are amazing, they are very well sculpted and the paint work is the best I had see on any figure. The walking one is the best among the two due to the movement of the animal but even the standing one is a great figure to have.

Alejandro
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 7:55 pm

I think Mojo still has a way to go! Actually they kind of remind me of CollectA.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:25 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
I think Mojo still has a way to go! Actually they kind of remind me of CollectA.

Yes, they have a similar range in wild life and woodland species! But as you can see from Alejandro pictures the figures are different and have a higher quality! Remember that Mojo cames from CollectA and even many years after we can see some similarities between Bullyland and Schleich, for example the cute touch of the figures.
Papo also has a long way to go when we SEE IN its 8th year such poor figures as the lynx, zebras, chimps, roaring lion and tigress, jaguar, and a ridiculous 2011 dromedary! Even the Mojo lion is better balanced than Papo king of the jungle! If you want I can describe you lots of flaws in these figure. It's your style??? Also mine but even loving the brand I can see what is wrong without being tendentious! Batman is a great figure but not the most accurate bat... do you see what I mean??? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 3:26 am

Alejandro, if your mistake is posting more photos, keep making them, I love the photos, especially the male lion.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 7:35 am

Philter4 wrote:
Alejandro, if your mistake is posting more photos, keep making them, I love the photos, especially the male lion.

I agree with Phil !

More mistakes, more mistakes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 8:47 am

...Wonderful polar bears, wolves, lions! Congrats! It seams that sculpture of adult polar bear is like Schleich model and sitting cub is like Collecta? Wink Wink Laughing But it,s disputable issue of course! Laughing Good models! cheers

Last edited by Sergey on Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:50 am

woow! that longhorn bull is really similar to Schleich one Evil or Very Mad
Congrats :)

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:54 am

So first of all I don't like the "cute touch of the figures" of the Schleich and Bullyland.
Yes, a few of the Papo figures are not quite up to par(as mentioned the lynx, zebras, chimps, roaring lion and tigress). However, if you look at how dromedary camels chewing their food(facial expression), the Papo version is a fine representative. If you really don't like them, position them from the left side, and you don't see the "smiling/chewing mouth" as much. As far as the jaguar, which to me is more representative of a smaller female, is a nice figure, but yes, it could have a slightly bigger jaw(Since Jags are the "American Pit Bull Terrier's" of the big cat world(with those strong jaws).
I strongly disagree with you that the Mojo lion is better than the Papo King of the Jungle lion!
As far as Papo having a long way to go, well their lioness figure is better than any Schleich figure ever produced!
I realize there are many styles of figures, but I'll stick with Papo and Safari ltd. and you can enjoy your cute Schleich, Bullyland, Mojo or what ever your heart desires!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:56 am

I'll surely enjoy all the nice figures without thinking in brands! ...and even I'm not a big enthusiast of cute figures how can you have a realistic deer fawn if it is not cute??? And it is much better to find what is really nice in different brands than look at at an excelent figure and rejecting it because of the tag. If the Schleich jaguar pleases me more than the Papo why I have to choose the Papo??? Because it is Papo??? Or the same for zebras?? If I'm seeing that the average quality of Mojo is already very nice, why not to accept it???
I understand you, it looks Schleich studied better what is a kudu than Papo and I feel proud with the Papo kudu in my hands and the Schleich is only a nice figure but this is a personal felling and not a reasonable opinion!
Well, I'll continue thinking in you and I hope your Paponess is not privating you from some nice figures. :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Roger wrote:

.....how can you have a realistic deer fawn if it is not cute???

Very Happy Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:21 pm

Cute or not cute ? I agree with you Roger of course. Everybody here knows I don't like the chubby and cute touch too, but the Mojö lion is not cute, even less cute than the Papo one and the Papo dromedary is not a chewing dromedary... It is a toon... A very bad toon Shocked
The Papo giraffe calf is very cute, even cutest than the Schleich one.
What I love in Papo is the strong personnality of the models, some are the best of the market IMHO, the new yak and Bactrian camel for example, some are piece of cake like the dromedary and I wish it disappeared soon from the catalogue.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:31 pm

Very Happy

MOJO in Peru - Page 5 Dromedar
Back to top Go down
atabini

atabini

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 3:54 pm

Everyone has its own opinion and how they see each of the figures. As Roger says if someone sees the Mojo lion as a better option than the Papo or the Safari or the Schleich one it is because they like it. No one will have the same opinion from a figure than any other person and that does not mean that the figure is bad or best it is just our own opinion.

For me, this male lion is a beauty and one of the best I have, the wolves are the best of the best among all brands I know and many other animals in my opinion are superior, but as I mention this in my opinion and what I like.

Everyone knows Balti will disagree with me but that wont make me change my mind and say that MOJO is not good and that Safari and Papo are the best. Each brand has its own jewels and for me those are the ones I buy and will bought.

Mojo is a great brand even they are just starting, this is its first production and in general terms the quality of the figures are very good and I am sure they will improve it in the next runs. Keep this great quality MOJO and you will be number one in the market very soon

Alejandro
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 7:31 pm

Everybody has their own likes and dislikes, so will leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 8:53 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
Everybody has their own likes and dislikes, so will leave it at that.

Nothing to say against it! But I'm sure you will dislike 2012 Mojo figures before seeing it. Am I right??? Laughing
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:03 pm

You are correct. As I said, everyone has a certain style they like. Mine happens to be Papo and Safari ltd..
To each his own.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:05 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
You are correct. As I said, everyone has a certain style they like. Mine happens to be Papo and Safari ltd..
To each his own.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:57 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
To each his own.

...Well, good discussion... That,s my priorities: Wink
1) Papo
2) Safari
3) Schleich
4) CollectA
5) Mojo
6) Bullyland (the birds and insects more better)
7) another................

PS Lineol and my "nostalgic love" VebPlaho without competitions! Wink Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:54 pm

Thanks for these pics Allejandro! Very Happy
I specially like the Smilodon and the mammoths, the dino's do nothing to me anyway... Laughing

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:11 pm

I was not enough in these treads as i see now...
The figurines that Mojo produces nowerdays really surprise me in a very positive way i must admitt! cheers
But not all are quit as good as some other brands, but some are outstanding as well! Very Happy
These wolves are really very good, specially the painting job on them!
The male lion is better than the Papo one in my eyes to.
Specially the stalking position is very good, as he stalkes a prey, or another tribe male or even the cubs of a tribe he wants to take over, very good.
The few hairs on his forehead didn't have to be there IMHO... Laughing
I think, Mojo is on the right track, and i can't wait to see all of their new models! cheers

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

MOJO in Peru
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next