Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MOJO in Peru

Go down 
+19
baltimore zoo
landrover
Ana
Wildheart
Philter4
SyLoBe
remrock02
lucky luke
aandmkw
Lasersword1973
Kikimalou
ken yeo
Sergey
Roger
MartinH
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
skysthelimit
atabini
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:13 am

Agree with you Susanne! That's the reason why I love Papo, even when figures are not very accurate they have the spirit of the creature! ...and it makes me feel very proud of have it in my hands! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:29 am

Roger, sorry to get you angry, but Mojo is visibly copying the animals from other brands because they aren't improving them anyhow. They didn't do any research to improve the elephants and they look the same as the ugly Schleich ones.
The diosaurs were copies whitout even seeing the fact that they are not accurate at all (not even 10%) and they look like drawings made by a kindergarten kid. No
The horses don't look lifelike, they are static.

Yes, they have some models of their own, but for a brand, it took them like 2 hours to design them, while any of us here on the forum could have done something ten times more creative. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 1:45 am

Wildheart wrote:
Roger, sorry to get you angry, but Mojo is visibly copying the animals from other brands because they aren't improving them anyhow. They didn't do any research to improve the elephants and they look the same as the ugly Schleich ones.
The diosaurs were copies whitout even seeing the fact that they are not accurate at all (not even 10%) and they look like drawings made by a kindergarten kid. No
The horses don't look lifelike, they are static.

Yes, they have some models of their own, but for a brand, it took them like 2 hours to design them, while any of us here on the forum could have done something ten times more creative. Rolling Eyes

I was not angry! :) ...but now...! Evil or Very Mad Sad Crying or Very sad
I was not talking of you, I know you are delighted with Japanese figures that are not accepted under European safety rules and the sculptors can make everything with more accuracy! You are right anyway very exagerated! Some of this figures looks like Schleich (not copies) but really looks like Schleich what gives them a poor looking! I agree about the elepahnt, even more textured is very chubby like Schleich or even CollectA. I like the style of Papo African elephant but colouring is weird.
About people here making better I agree but you cannot compare and is hard to explain why.Mihnea, you are one of the most promissing collectors, I like your critical way and apreciate you a lot, but try to read again your comment!!! What a Face
About dinosaurs, that is your favourite area, you know that what is true today is wrong tomorrow, and what you read from an expert is easily vexed for another! ...and which is right???? OK, there are clear flaws in dino figures but you see it even in the brands that work with museums. But my focus in this brand is not in prehistoric figures but wild life in general.
I read carefully your comments and you are not saying what is really wrong! So, I'm sure that if someone from the brand reads it he cannot understand clearly what to change. Do you understand me friend Mihnea! cheers
Back to top Go down
atabini

atabini

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 3:43 am

Hi Mihnea,

If you think that this figures are wrong and does not represent the animals they are showing, the best way to let MOJO know that is explaining what for you is wrong with the model.

As Roger said on his previous thread, if you do not explain what you are saying no one can improve or change those things. Personally, you said that the dinos are not accurate (less than 10% accurate) so can you explain why they are not accurate, what do you see different from the ones on museums, or the ones from other brands where they all are different as they are made based on fosil remains and based sometimes on especulations.

Please let us know your comments about the animals and please let us know what is wrong for you so MOJO can check it and correct those thing in the future products (2012 production) that in my opinion are very good.

Alejandro
Back to top Go down
atabini

atabini

PostSubject: Another group of MOJO figurines from Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 3:52 am

Here they go, some more images from MOJO and more comming during the next days.

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9815

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9816

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9817

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9818

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9819

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9820

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9821

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9822

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9823

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9824

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9825

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9826

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9827

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9828

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9829

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9830

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9831

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9832

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9833

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9834

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9835

MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Img_9836

Hope you enjoy these images and I will post some more in the near future.

regards,

Alejandro
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 3:55 am

the tiger do have a good details! Thanks for the efforts of taking the photo.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 4:03 am

Thanks again Alejandro! sunny Always very nice pictures! More and more! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 4:06 am

cheers

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 4:13 am

Wow You have so many MOJO's!! How fantastic, I wish to have them too in future Very Happy
I think the head of boar is excellent, I can almost hear like he make the noise pig Laughing
Also tiger cubs are very good, and lying calf too. All of them are really nice :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 5:15 am

The tiger is really gorgeous, thanks for all the pictures Alejandro cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 5:22 am

:) :)

Very good pictures Alejandro.

I see many interesting animals to our collections.
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 5:43 am

Very good pictures Alejandro. cheers sunny
Tigers are great cat
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 5:52 am

Wow, these tigers are awesome. cheers

Still don't know where can I get these figures in US yet? scratch
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 5:56 am

The American Bison is my favorite here as well as the Hyena and the Panther. cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:27 am

Lasersword1973 wrote:

Ron, have you already tried to contact Endless games???
Contact is in this topic....
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t2305-mojo-is-arriving-to-europe-and-usa
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:42 am

I like the tiger very much Cool and the pigs are better tahn I thought while watching the catalogue. pig
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:07 am

Well Roger, when a new brand sells figurines that look like an older brand´s ones, it seems like if the new one has copied the old one.

I only told the foal looks like if it was a copy... I know all brands copy other brands. It happens everyday, even in Hollywood. Look, there´s a great film about Millenium, wich is European I think, and now, USA has done the same film instead of a new one.

Copying is sometimes annoying, but sometimes is a way to learn how to do better!

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:07 am

Roger wrote:
Lasersword1973 wrote:

Ron, have you already tried to contact Endless games???
Contact is in this topic....
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t2305-mojo-is-arriving-to-europe-and-usa

No, I have not yet though.

Maybe I have to email them to know who are be the possible distributors will be bringing this brand to the end users. Thanks Roger.
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:16 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I like the tiger very much Cool and the pigs are better tahn I thought while watching the catalogue. pig

You are absolutely right, Christophe. The Mojo pigs, particularly the Pietrain are very good. And I think the Holstein cows are better than the Schleich too.

And the Mojo Tigers are very nice particularly the details of their eyes. I think they are best to put right next to the Papo's tigers.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:53 am

SyLoBe wrote:
Well Roger, when a new brand sells figurines that look like an older brand´s ones, it seems like if the new one has copied the old one.

I only told the foal looks like if it was a copy... I know all brands copy other brands. It happens everyday, even in Hollywood. Look, there´s a great film about Millenium, wich is European I think, and now, USA has done the same film instead of a new one.

Copying is sometimes annoying, but sometimes is a way to learn how to do better!

I agree Wink

Seriously, I understand what Minhea is saying even if the style is very hot. Laughing

The copy cating ? Some models are looking a lot like some Schleich and CollectA... Since Mojö seems to be a consequence of CollectA conflict, we can understand there is some problem to know who have the custody of the children after divorce... Laughing

The dinosaurs ? Of course they are wrong. Palentologists are not always agree wih each other but I'm quite sure none of them would defend the Mojö models. Those dinos are very well known with almost complete and sometimes several skeletons. There is some big mistakes on them even bigger than the ones we could find on Papo and Schleich.

I don't think the Mojö team need our expertise about dinos because I think they know the models are wrong and why they are wrong.

Mojö is a very very very young company and I absolutely understand it is very difficult to build a whole line in a few month... I think it is the real reason of some "already seen" models and odd dinos.

My point is we need to take a big breath. The Mojö company is at the beggining and I'm sure they will improve their line and models if they survive the Schleich invasion.

I hope so because some models are very excellent, and it is the first sets. The lion is very very fine and different from any brand, the smilodon is the most accurate (maybe with the Safari Ltd), the hyena , the panther are really interresting, the walking wolf is really original and I maybe forget some... Wink Laughing

CollectA and Papo are not so young and they still have some big mistake... But they have also some jewels.

Look at the Papo gnu, the lions and tigers, the leopard... And look at the zebras, the camel affraid ... The new Bactrian camel is a piece of art and the dromedary is a piece of...

The same for Collecta, some models are stunning and some are clown

The good thing is we will have more good models , more different styles and a lot of thing to discuss in the STS village and it is a very good news... So LONG LIVE MOJÖ and the others too cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 11:04 am

Cheers KIKI!!! cheers monkey

I agree with everything but I can't resist... I already saw the Papo dromedary and kept completly disapointed!!! Sad Sad Sad ...nfortunately I haven't found the new baktrian!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 5:46 pm

The new bactrian camel is at home since... yesterday afternoon Laughing

It is a great model cheers

I will go to Paris for a few days now but I will do a review next week Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 6:54 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
The new bactrian camel is at home since... yesterday afternoon Laughing

It is a great model cheers

I will go to Paris for a few days now but I will do a review next week Wink

Have a good trip, - ohh, lal la, PARIS in the summer cheers

I am exited to see your Papo camel.
The old one is ever so wonderful, adorable, charming, unique....and in-accurate Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 6:57 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Have a good trip, - ohh, lal la, PARIS in the summer cheers

I am exited to see your Papo camel.
The old one is ever so wonderful, adorable, charming, unique....and in-accurate Laughing

Yes Paris ! Rain, shitting dogs everywhere... and my little sister cheers

It is my first Papo camel, I hope 2012 will be the year of a new dromedary Wink
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 7:55 pm

My Papo camel is coming today bounce cheers along with some other goodies Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

MOJO in Peru
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next